[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lit/, how does one get into an ivy league college school of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 17717.jpg (22 KB, 310x475) Image search: [Google]
17717.jpg
22 KB, 310x475
/lit/, how does one get into an ivy league college school of law? What can I read to make me stand out?

Pic related: my current read.
>>
If you're serious: toss all the fiction, read LSAT prep books.
>>
if you want to boost your iq, read less borges
>>
Be black
>>
>>7559533
Good grades and a killer LSAT. IF YOUR LSAT is good enough they won't even interview you. Everyone I know who goes to Harvard law is dangerously insane, so you certainly don't need to demonstrate character.
>>
>>7559538
>read LSAT prep books.
Assuming I haven't already started. I'm only a sophomore at uni. I have time.
>>
>>7559548
read more

reading fiction matters exactly zero for getting into law school

also lol at
>i have time
>>
>>7559550
>read more
>reading fiction matters exactly zero
Then what does this leave? I'm studying economics if that helps.
>>
>>7559547
like a bag of sand
>>
>>7559564
you're trying to get into law school not an english phd. read more LSAT books.

autistically read your textbooks/notes and LSAT. if you have a 4.0 and a 179 LSAT you dont need much else.
>>
Can a god-tier LSAT make up for a second-tier GPA? At least for respected but not necessarily Ivy schools?
>>
>>7559608
if by second tier you mean ~3.2 - ~3.6 sure. if by second tier you mean sub 3.0 no.
>>
>>7559550
Seconded.

>>7559533
If you have time (which you shouldn't), maybe start reading cases. I don't know much US case law but try:
Buck v Bell
Roe v Wade
Brown v Board of Educatation
Gilliam v ABC

Any funny US caselaw recommendations anons?
>>
>>7559977
vokes v arthur murray - woman sues dance school because she sucks at dancing even after lesson

memorable because the case write-up was extremely eloquent. it was like the guy wrote it with a fucking thesaurus it was pretty funny.

>It could be reasonably supposed here that defendants had "superior knowledge" as to whether plaintiff had "dance potential" and as to whether she was noticeably improving in the art of Terpsichore

>These dance lesson contracts and the monetary consideration therefore of over $31,000 were procured from her by means and methods of Davenport and his associates which went beyond the unsavory, yet legally permissible, perimeter of "sales puffing" and intruded well into the forbidden area of undue influence, the suggestion of falsehood, the suppression of truth, and the free exercise of rational judgment, if what plaintiff alleged in her complaint was true. From the time of her first contact with the dancing school in February, 1961, she was influenced unwittingly by a constant and continuous barrage of flattery, false praise, excessive compliments, and panegyric encomiums, to such extent that it would be not only inequitable, but unconscionable, for a Court exercising inherent chancery power to allow such contracts to stand.
>>
>>7559977
also stambovsky v ackley, or, the legal determination of a haunted house

>Plaintiff, to his horror, discovered that the house he had recently contracted to purchase was widely reputed to be possessed by poltergeists, reportedly seen by defendant seller and members of her family on numerous occasions over the last nine years. Plaintiff promptly commenced this action seeking rescission of the contract of sale. Supreme Court reluctantly dismissed the complaint, holding that plaintiff has no remedy at law in this jurisdiction.
>>
>>7560183
We actually read that in my law class. Very interesting case. Motion for the plaintiff I believe.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.