[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are there any authors who explore similar themes or ideas to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: hp.jpg (539 KB, 1063x657) Image search: [Google]
hp.jpg
539 KB, 1063x657
are there any authors who explore similar themes or ideas to Lovecraft?

without being one of those faggots who harp on about muh cthlulu tentacles of course
>>
ligotti and that faggot who wrote house of leaves

maybe emil cioran if u can handle no spooky monsters
>>
Ligotti is solid. I haven't read much of his work but you should check out Robert W. Chambers. The King in Yellow specifically.
>>
Arthur Machen
Clark Ashton Smith
enjoy
>>
The king in yellow by robert chambers
>>
>>7557785
lord Dunsany and Poe, they were Lovecrafts main influences so much so that he thought he had no style of his own
>>
>>7557990
I only read Dunsany's Fifty-One Tales, which I adore, but what other works of his are worth reading?
>>
>>7558011
not really sure sorry he has such a large collection of material im not sure what of it has and doesnt have value
>>
>>7558026
Did you read anything by him?
>>
>>7558035
only read a few short stories no collections, if you want a fucking weird one try "the distressing tale of thangobrand the jeweller"
>>
>>7557855
>>7557884
>>7557898
>>7557990
These and W. Hope Hodgson
>>
China Meiville?
>>
Play Bloodborne. It's the best Lovecraft vidya.
>>
>>7558133
>best
you mean only

call of cthulhu is buggy shit
>>
>>7558284
>darkest dungeon
>>
>>7558714
>one of those faggots who harp on about muh cthlulu tentacles of course
>>
>>7557785
Steampunklets yank off over him a lot. Maybe you could purchase some of their fine wares down Artist's Alley at SteampunkCon 2016?
>>
>>7558284
> not patching the true best Lovecraft vidya

PUSSY'OLE BRUV
>>
File: 1411356354175.gif (301 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1411356354175.gif
301 KB, 640x480
>get his complete fiction work for christmas
>I've only read him here or there
>actually a pretty cool gift
>in the mountains of madness & shadow over innsmouth
>must be non-fiction

T̶͉̻̙̲̠̬͟o̗͍̝̪ ̪̳̙͔̥͓̘̣̦͜͡i̦̜̼̳͖̠ͅǹ̵̮̙̰̩̤͖͓v̢̻̱̟̟͚̥͡o̵͙̣̪̜͈͢k̸̳̮͇͎̱̀ͅe̷̪̬͔͖ ͖̲̲̜̗̺͉t̶̛̠̪̤h̶̢̪̯e̶̕҉̠̦ͅ ̻̗̦̯͕̙̲̞̼h̜͈͡i̴̖̮̤̩̗̫v̙̘͖̘͝ẹ̵̤͙-̱͓̲m̢̨̛͙͎̥ì̶̢̫̥̠͙̥ņ̶̦̼̳̲ḑ̸͖̞̟̺̺͉́ ̛͙̹̦̫̱̲̰̞͝͞r҉͓͉e͚̠̠̰͈͇̠̠p̧͓͎̟̜̟ŗ͕̯͉̰͕͙ȩ̭̜̤̞̣̟s̶̢̜̮̝ͅe̩̩̰n̸͈͎̳̩̪͖̹̳͘ṭ͉͉̱͚͈̯̥i̧̖̲͕͜͜n͕̹̫͉̘͍̟g҉̫͉ ̛̲c̤̬̥h̳̲̕͢a̫͚̬͍̳̻̪̺͘o҉̀҉̳͍̮̰̠͙̮ş̱̺̝̼͉̹̖̀.͏̰̟̣͉̕
̙͙̣̱I͚̪̝̭͎͍̯ͅn̬͖̗̦̰͕͜ͅv҉̧̹̬͓̘̤͉̹̮͎ǫ̹̰͇̟k̳͡ḭ̢̘̣̝͡ͅn̴̬̹̻̺g̶͙̼͓̼̼̯̪͘ ̵̨̛̦̗̻̞̳̤t҉͉̹̺̥͈̦̖ḫ̱͓̣͚̯̙̘̥͞e͇̹̞͎̩͎̗̝ ̷҉̙̗̝͖̲͙͓f̳͙̠̥̘͉̹͜͠e҉̴̘̦e̛͙̰̙̟̮͚͈̠̝͜l̨͝҉͚͍̝i̳͘͜͢n̰̩͕̦̣̗g̲̗̥̘̞͢ ̹͉͖͇̗͖̪͜ơ͟͏͇̙̹͔̟͇f̧̭̹͠ ̢͎̯̮͙̜̲͖́ç̷̻̙̜̹̙̞̩̘̲h̡̥͓̻͓͙a҉̮̻̙̭̬̟͈͡͞o̸̢͈͠s̛͙͞.̶̟
͓̮̞͓̻͠Ẃ̴̗͕̘̥͇͠i̵̭t̴̫̤̯͖̬͕̻̪̀h̨̞͚͕̘͉̬̲͎́́ ͓̞̻ò̗̫̝͍ù̫̘͎̩̣͡͠ṱ̷͉̠̣͚̤͠ ̕҉̣̟̱̥͇͕͚̘̀ơ̯̖͇͍͈͈͝r͏̡͍͖͝ḍ̘̲͖͙͚̝̳͟ȩ̳̮̯̖̭͚͝ŗ̷̦̪̖̻̙̱͈͙.̧̟̭̣͟
̢͖̠̙̹̹̙͜T̥͔̦͈̤͓͟h̴̭̲e҉҉̪̭̙̼̮͇ ̬̺̦̩̺͍̦͓̕͠N͔ę͓̭̕z̙̦̻͡p̲̘̰̹̪͔̜͔̫͜e̴̻̺̬͟r͎̘͓̙̹͠ͅͅd͈̤̟̱i̢҉̣̪̬̱͍͉̤a͍͙̱͜͝͝n̵̟̗̜̣̹͎̥̮ ͏͉̯̤̫͉͎̭̞̀h̷̥́i̧̧̖̟̲͟v̶͓̲e̠̤̬̩̰̮̼ͅ-̷͎͉͙̯̣ͅm̼̯i̝̼̯̠̺͈͇̖͞ͅn͖̩͕̭d̹̼ ̨̩̱͎̹̞͕͈͔̮͠͡ǫ̬̬̥̰͜f̵̨͙͓̳̝̦̮͢ ͕́c̼̖̞͚̟̞̘̝͘͟ḥ̟̗͈̦̯̣͠a̰̻o̵̸̫̫͔̗̖s̵̻̻̯͚̤̫͙͚.̵͚̹̳͎͍̞͝
̛̤̜̺̀H͡͏̠̘̺e̮̣̘̱̠͡ ̵̤̝̹̪̙̝͈̀͘w̨͜͏͖͍ḩ͍͇̬͖̠̀o͕͉̝͓̤͖͈̕ ̱̟̦̖̱́͡W̞̺̲͘̕a̻͈̝̣i҉͚͇͈̗͈̗ț̼̣̪s͏̴̘̱͠ͅ ̡͈͘B̴̧̥̼e͚͈͚͉͉̭̠ḩ̲̖̥̙̳͕̕͡ͅi̖̫̕͟n̷̥̼̝̰̥͝ͅd̸̛̰̩̹̣̺͔̭͟ͅ ̷̢͔̩̭͖̟̫T̡̮͕͕͘h̵̨͚̬͠e̡̜͎̰ ͈̼̲́̀Ẃ̪̫̗̜̭͘͝a҉̴̲̙̬͇̥͇͖͓͞l̛̠̜̪̬͎̭l̟̠̹̞̙͠.̤̥͖̱̦̻̘͜ͅ
>>
>>7558284
DCotE is fucking amazing you disgusting pleb faggot.

I am astonished by how pleb you are.
>>
>>7557785
Robert E Howard is very good on the racial stuff, chucks in a bit of eldritch every now and again.
>>
>>7559173
>>7559173
I'm OK with this. Don't know why this shit gets brought up every fucking thread
>>
>>7559148

I have a copy that I borrowed from a friend. I'm surprised Lovecraft get's so much hate around here, I think his writing is pretty phenomenal.

>Dat Colour Out of Space
>Dat Ex Oblivione
>>
>>7557785
Michael Sloane wrote a couple of books in the 30's that have recently been reprinted as "The Rim of Morning". It's actually pretty good, and covers the same sort of horrorific cosmicism that Lovecraft was getting at.

Algernon Blackwood's The Wendigo can get pretty damn spooky, even if it isn't written in a Lovecraftian style.
>>
>>7559853
I dont know why cofs receives always more recognition than The Case of Charles Dexter Wards, which imo is his best large story.
>>
>>7560077

Haven't read that one yet.
>>
File: how i feel on the inside.gif (2 MB, 350x190) Image search: [Google]
how i feel on the inside.gif
2 MB, 350x190
>>7559148
well I really fucked up that green text. I meant to say that those two stories were missing, meaning that they were clearly non-fiction.

Well Fuck.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.