[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go on job interviews (non-/lit/ jobs) >sometimes get asked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: agatka.gif (572 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
agatka.gif
572 KB, 200x200
>go on job interviews (non-/lit/ jobs)
>sometimes get asked about favorite hobby
>say reading
>ask me what my favorite book is
>don't really have a single favorite book
>generally say Notes from Underground

Is this unwise, since the book is about a huge misanthropic asshole?
>>
First of all - congratulations on your wonderful picrelated choices, nowocioto.
What do the interviewers generally say after such a remark, considering the fact that they probably have not even heard of Notes from the Underground?
>>
No, just make sure that when the interview goes to shake your hand you shouldercheck him into his office door, to demonstrate that you aren't a pussy-ass faggot like the protagonist. Bosses like outgoing employees.
>>
>>7556341
Some say they've read it, others just remark that they haven't heard of it.
>>
>pretending like job interviews ask you about your hobbies to make this convoluted of a shit post
le upvote reddit suxxx
>>
The interviewer probably doesn't care about what you read. If he thinks reading is a hobby that relates with the abilities required for the job, then he'll be happy.

Unless you say something really stupid like Mein Kampf or Twilight...
>>
It is a huge mistake. Pick a book from the Reddit top 10 and they will smile and say "ahh great taste anon!! I remember reading that in highschool! I loved it!! xDD
>>
>>7556344
Lol this
>>
I said I like Dostoevsky in an interview and she hadn't heard of him, got the job
>>
>says lolita is my favourite
>being rejected every tiem
>tfw
>>
>>7556344
Haha too funny
>>
I've never been asked what my favorite book is in a job interview .. but that begs the question

would saying War and Peace or Crime and Punishment be a better idea than Gravity's Rainbow or Women and Men?
>>
>>7556553
If it begs the question, isn't the answer obvious?

A: GR, Ulysses, IJ :^)
>>
>implying any job interviewers even know what Notes from the Underground is about

To respond to your question, though, it probably is unwise. I always play it safe and say Anna Karenina.
>>
>>7556553
War and Peace is probably the safest bet there is.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.