[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ read when they're online? What publications
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: 1447407658224.jpg (31 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1447407658224.jpg
31 KB, 413x395
What does /lit/ read when they're online?
What publications have exceptional travel writing pieces? Humor? Editorials? Highly engaging blogs?
>>
4chan, you idiot, what else?
>>
/lit/ is the only place I go to and only when im taking a break from reading/my actual life.
>>
>>7555881
>What publications have exceptional travel writing pieces? Humor? Editorials? Highly engaging blogs?

4chan
>>
I used to love Pando, now they expect you to pay $100 a year. Fuck them.
>>
Salon magazine
The Atlantic
New Yorker Magazine
Pitchfork(im such a hipster)
Slate
Buzzfeed (a guilty pleasure of mine)
>>
currantly reading this one:
http://gurotranslation.blogspot.de/p/teaser.html

waiting for next chapter of this one:
http://raisingthedead.ninja/current-j-z/master-of-monster/

this one seems promising, had an update today:
paradigm-novel.blogspot.com
>>
>>7555907
Even if you took out Salon and Buzzfeed, I still woudn't even give you a 3/10

>>7555888
>>7555890
>>7555891
4chan/lit/ is consistently funny in its low-brow humor and knee-jerk disparagement of didacticism and thoughtful discourse, but I'm looking for something that is greater in entertainment value. I think 4ch occupies a higher place than any social media but looking for something greater still
>>
>>7555972
>think 4ch occupies a higher place than any social media but looking for something greater still
there isn't, 4chan is the literal current peak of modern western civilization, it's all downhill from here haha just kill me famalayam
>>
>>7555972
Clickhole is pretty funny m8. Always gets a rise out of me. Honestly, I find a lot of great humor and writing to come from film reviews. Give that shot.
>>
Jacobin
The Atlantic
The New Yorker
Clickhole
AJE
CBC
>>
>>7556026
Sad but true.
>>
>>7556049
>
>
>
>
>
Really though, give me an article you've enjoyed from some of those publications. Because I've never enjoyed anything from the Atlantic or CBC
>>
>>7555881
Al Jazeera I think has the highest quality editorials and usually a different perspective on world events.
>>
>>7556313
what do they think of immigration in western countries? I'd like to read something that isn't "you're a bigot if you're anti-immigration"
>>
Literature archives from my college's database
Ubuweb
Electronic Poetry Center
/lit/
>>
>>7556702
Same as msnbc on black lives matter
>>
>>7556049
Neat, that's more or less me. Folks who can appreciate the vacuity of clickhole's humor are all to rare.

>>7556305
Have you read "Host" on the Atlantic, written by Meme Supreme DFW?
>>
>>7555907
..GAY
>>
>>7555881
Various blogs (Christian, philosophy, music)
/christian/ on 4+4chan, but I am trying to ween off it
/pol/, again just very brief. Most stuff is the same thing last month. Just various memes.

Read the news threads.
Read the news/reviews
>>
>>7555881

aeon.co is usually insightful and interesting. I tried The Atlantic for a while, but found it insufferable.
>>
reddit

:)
>>
Jezebel
>>
>>7555881
just read reddit op ;)
it has all the best memes
>>
Cracked has some okay stuff if you're really bored. Their YT channel is fine, too. I enjoy them.
>>
>>7555888
mirin' your digits senpai

double trips speaks the truth
>>
>>7556026
unironically this
>>
The Last Psychiatrist. Unfortunately he doesn't post anymore but he's a left an extensive back catalogue; always fun and insightful to pick one and read.
>>
>>7558599
Ya that blog used to be great. I've read most of the posts.
The Atlantic, NYT, etc. are all insufferable and I'm still waiting on anyone that knows some good content.
I like the New Yorker very much sometimes but it's also hit and miss. Also its the vibe it puts out, it feels like its being read by a select group of literary hipsters but not the general public.
Normally I wouldn't care but 'New York" in the title makes it seem a bit cosmopolitan
>>
4chan duh
>>
>>7556026
>>
>>7559262
Clickhole is truly fantastic
>>
>>7559291
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>7559293
kek
>>
I spend a lot of time here and on Twitter
>>
I like to read The War Nerd when I can, but now he's writing for Pando and I'm not paying money to such a disgusting outfit even for the war nerd.
>>
4chan
reddit
facebook groups of my university
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.