[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was a great fucking book >dat character building >dat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
This was a great fucking book

>dat character building
>dat world building
>dat existentialism
>dat poli-sci tension
>dat humour
>I will have nothing to mourn

What is Houellebecq's masterwork prior to this?
>>
the author looks like he was cursed
>>
>>7553604
and his publisher was blessed
>>
>>7553603
La Possibilité d'une île
>>
File: 3364147._UY200_.jpg (11 KB, 151x200) Image search: [Google]
3364147._UY200_.jpg
11 KB, 151x200
>>7553623
This. Although I think he ripped off Vidal's Messias, but his one is actually better.
>>
Houellebecq's marketing team really have a lot of work recently.
>>
>>7553937
Are you suggesting that OP is a viral marketer, or that with Islam being in its current state and the whole refugee crisis they have a lot of work on their hands shipping him around for interviews.
>>
>>7553603
Worth reading in English? My French isn't good enough yet to read whole novels.
>>
How long does it typically take for the price to drop on new French books? I'm not paying £15 for this shit.

OP, of the three I've read so far I'd rank them: The Elementary Particles > Platform > Extension of the Struggle.

I've also read that Boualem Sansal's 2084, which was also published last year, covers a similar theme to Submission and does it better.
>>
>>7554290
I thought the official translation by Lorin Stein (Editor of The Paris Review) was great. I had to read it in translation sadly enough.

>>7554309
If you are interested in translated epubs here they are. BTdigg has collections of the original french works. http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/59328393/file.html
>>
>>7554314
er, submission is also available in english on bookzz
>>
>>7553858
>not La Carte et le Territoire
>>
>>7554309
You can buy the "format poche" when it comes out in a year or so (this is an educated guess).
It will be half the price.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.