[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did anyone else enjoy the hell outta this book?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
did anyone else enjoy the hell outta this book?
>>
i first read it while sectioned, following a suicide attempt. found it to be meh :/
>>
>>7552380
>couldn't succeed in a "suicide" attempt

roastie detected
>>
>>7552296
>enjoying disinfo written by a CIA plant out to disrupt the anti war movement
Wake up sheeple

>>7552380
Only chicks with bad grades "fail" at killing themselves.
>>
was mostly trying to say, "hey isn't it neat and maybe a little sad that i got to read this while locked away for psychiatric reasons?"

but you had to get mean about it lol.
>>
>>7552296
Meh. the MC's worldview was neither insightful, thought provoking. nor entertaining and that was all the book had to offer because there was barely a plot.
>>
>>7552457
I saw you in the thread about "pleb" introducing yourself. You should know it's really unusual to post with a name and people are likely to be hostile towards you for it- wanting credit and attribution is seen as really tacky here, the convention is to be anonymous.

A lot of the culture is really weird and abrasive- it'll make sense gradually.
>>
>>7552493
i'm starting to figure things out, and feel like i'm going to be seen as an outsider no matter how long i maintain a presence. which is fine.
>>
i got a lot out of it when i read it in high school
>>
>>7552380

I also read it in a psychiatric hospital, although I liked it quite a bit. I was also around fifteen at the time though, not sure how it holds up.
>>
i liked it.

i'm glad it helped fund the merry pranksters' adventures
>>
>>7552574
>I'm glad it helped fund the dissolution of the organized counterculture, get LSD banned and send numerous people to the psych ward while weakening the image of effective civil rights and anti war activists
You're a turd and so were the pranksters.
>>
>>7552533
Posting about your life while having a trip name is seen as narcissistic around here but it's good to hear that you're doing well.
>>
>>7552644
>>
>>7552380
Kill yourself
>>
>>7552380
Remain living
>>
>>7552380
Pay Dnebts
>>
>>7552296

Yup. Pisses all over the movie too.
>>
>>7552296
Nope, no one else but you since its inception has liked that book. That's why it's so hard to find and nobody bought it ever.
>>
File: 0smirkinggymnasts.jpg (62 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
0smirkinggymnasts.jpg
62 KB, 620x348
>>7552632
i'm sorry you are mad online
ps i'm actually #notsorry
>>
>>7552457
Jesus fucking Christ. Kill yourself
>>
It's ok, nothing special. It seems like it would work better as a movie. (didn't kubrick do an adaptation?)

Also the nurse ratched did nothing wrong
>>
>>7552533
<3
>>
>>7552844
hey @misandryfamtbh whyncha make like a cactus and get cummed on
>>
>>7553160
:)
>>
The book perfectly captures the "American" anti-authoritarian and individualistic mentality that was especially prevalent during those couple of decades, but still persists today. It seems trite today because some of the ideas have become so ingrained in the American identity that it seems tired, but keep in mind that this book helped propel some of those ideas to the forefront in the first place.

It's entertaining enough of a read and has its place. No one is parading it as the epitome of literary achievement but it is nonetheless an important work of American lit.

>>7553856
tripfag please kill yourself
>>
>>7553167
Friendo, you seem #rustled.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.