[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion on Roberto Bolaño?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: bolano_3120571b.jpg (305 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
bolano_3120571b.jpg
305 KB, 620x387
What's your opinion on Roberto Bolaño?
>>
>>7551569
I only read 2666.
He appears to like the phrase 'vaginally and anally raped'
>>
Fantastic. Strange shaped head.
>>
Sorta looks like a Mexican Woody Allen. Overall I'd say that's pretty cool.
>>
>>7551608
you can tell that from his appearance?
>>
>>7551569
Rich texture, strange taste (due to an accident with a certain crustacean)... Would lick again.
>>
He could have written the best Latin american novel ever made.
Then, he died.
>>
>>7551650

It's literally written on his forehead.
>>
Really overrated. Most noticeably on this board.
>>
>>7551569
Hispanic nerds are wonderfully comical.
>>
>>7551569
>spic

Not once.
>>
The Savage Detectives is one of the best books in recent history. 2666 would have been a masterpiece if he didn't die.
>>
Bolaño, Roberto. Dislike him. Ghastly, puffed-up post-modern mediocrity. A favourite of litizens between the age of 18 and 25.
>>
Jesus Christ what's this guy's problem with Mexico

He just completely btfo'd them
>>
He was my favorite author from age 19 - 24. I first read 2666 and found it mysterious as fuck, in an expansive, metaphysical way. Then I quickly consumed the rest of his works, and kinda liked them, especially his short stories.

But I guess I've fallen away from him in the last year or so, his writing doesn't really influence me anymore. I read Ada, or Ardor last year and I guess Nabokov is my favorite author now.
>>
He's good but most people who meme about it read either only Savage Detectives or 2666, or more likely, a Wikipedia summary of one/the other/both.

He's uneven and it's sad 2666 wasn't polished (which is astounding, then, that it's as good as it is), but traversing through a majority of his oeuvre yields really good insights and feelings into Bolano as an author and his vision imo.
>>
He's a sort of an inverse Borges to me.
Borges can make you shiver and awe just talking about books. But Bolaño makes you go through all this visceral violence, sex, only to realize that with all this debauchery he was talking about literature and poetry all along and that it all happened in a library.

Anyways, he's one of my favourite authors.
>>
>>7553463
ru me, 20 read 2666 last summer, then savage detctives, woes of true policeman, last evenings on earth and by night in chile.
Have more of his stuff ordered to arrive soon, but 2666 and Savage Detectives are his best work, everything else pales in comparison.
>>
Wimmer translation is bad or it's not finished.

I'm willing to accept the former because I don't believe she has masterful command of the noble Spanish language.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.