[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good reads with transgender protagonists?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 630x420
Looking for something new and interesting. Maybe relatable.
>>
Ovid.
>>
File: Complete_Manual_of_Suicide.jpg (45 KB, 390x577) Image search: [Google]
Complete_Manual_of_Suicide.jpg
45 KB, 390x577
>>7542546
>>
Orlando by Virginia Wolf is probably your best bet. Also, checking wikipedia. /lit/ may have an official trap but we still share some audience with /pol/
>>
>>7542577
And people with common sense as well.
>>
our lady of the flowers
stone butch blues
>>
>>7542577
Lit has an official trap? I may have to trip up and claim my rightful throne...
>>
>>7542581
Yes, he already said that /pol/ is on /lit/
>>
>>7542577
>/lit/ may have an official trap
Who is this spunk skunk?
>>
>>7542581
>spending time on 4chan
>having common sense
chose one, "m8"
>>
>>7542590
well, hibari-kun doesn't post pics so it could be an easy throne to take away. how good are you explaining post-marxism or film theory?
anyway, the more the merrier
>>
>tfw the tranny you met here will probably talk to you less once she realizes how in-demand her attention is

;~;
>>
Myra Breckinridge/Myron by Gore Vidal
>>
>>7542546
My diary desu senpai.
>>
>>7542612
steve?
>>
>>7542612
calling them trannies may be a bad first step to keep their attention, it's like having a jew fetish and calling them kikes on the first date.
>>
>>7542631
>implying they don't like being called dirty little tranny slut whores
>>
File: nell.jpg (622 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
nell.jpg
622 KB, 900x900
>>7542631
this is true. i get that some trans people use the word, but to me it's crude and has negative connotations. even "transsexual" makes me feel weird. so glad we have transgender umbrell term.

also hi friends. i'm OP and intend to be your new transgender queen.
>>
>>7542655
as it tends to happen with most people, the things that arouse you in bed aren't too cool out of it.
i'd guess that in this kind of cases "little" is actually a nice thing to say, besides the words surrounding it.

>>7542656
are you trying to gather hate or play some kind of character?
please fuck off in any case
>>
>>7542546

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvuulZPbfBg

tbhf
>>
NO FAGGOT FUCK OFF FREAK
>>
File: hoody.jpg (92 KB, 432x624) Image search: [Google]
hoody.jpg
92 KB, 432x624
>>7542672
>Michelle Obama a Man?
>24 minutes

xD
>>
>>7542670
you filthy little cumdumpster
you nasty little cockslave
>>
>>7542681
>tripfag
>avatarfag
>attentionwhore
>out of topic
>without any kind of valuable content
I'm hating you already Twiggy2.0. hope you get bored with this forced joke soon enough.
>>
>>7542684
>wait, what did he call me?
>did he say little?
>maybe my dick is little?
>my shoulders?
>my waist?
>my hands?
>I think I love him

that's my guess of how it would go
>>
>>7542626

No

>>7542631

My word choice has been perfect so far, thank you
>>
>>7542687
calm your tits, friend. i'm well-read and here to participate sincerely.
>>
File: n-no homo.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
n-no homo.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>7542656
>>7542681
>>7542720
feminine penis or gtfo, faggot
>>
>>7542755
it's a worksafe board and i'm no camwhore. look elsewhere for your masturbation aids
>>
>>7542755
It's called a venis, for your information
or maybe it isn't; I just thought it up. Wouldn't it make sense though
>>
>>7542800
>tripfag trap attention whore too snobby to camwhore

yeah, nah. confirmed for regular penis
>>
>>7542546

Middlesex often gets mentioned in this context.
>>
>>7542809
I'm attractive for more than just my feminine penis. As your queen I intend to make my intellect and boundless humility known <3
>>
Not exactly what you're looking for but I can definitely recommend "In One Person", bisexual protagonist and some transgender characters.
>>
>>7542860
What's it about? I don't know what I'm looking for either. Never read a book with a prominent trans character. Kind of want to, though.
>>
>>7542828
>boundless humility
>tripfag
>self proclaimed queen

yeaaahhh...

you're not a trap. fuck off. nobody likes you.
>>
>>7542546
maybe get some help heres a good place to start reading.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1446483/
>>
>>7542869
I'm not a trap because I'm on hormones. Traps are very feminine crossdressing boys, whereas I'm a transsexual girl.

>>7542876
Do you want to talk about this stuff for real? Say something worth responding to with sincere conversation and you might just find yourself balls deep in stimulating discussion.
>>
>>7542546
Book of the New Sun.
I'm not even kidding
>>
>>7542591
Kek
>>
>>7542884
>girl
>>
>>7542884
did you go to the link? It might be helpfull for you.
>>
>>7542885
First one shadow of the torturer or something? Looks interesting; added to goodreads list.
>>
>>7542884
this isn't /lgbt/, be on topic or get out.
>>
>>7542893
Why would it be helpful? It's a study assessing how dissatisfied LGBT people are with the mental health industry. Trans people always have trouble with medical shit.

I had a really awkward experience with a doctor wanting to give me a pelvic exam when I thought it was 100% obvious I lacked a vagina. Having to explain to your doctor about your penis is not fun.
>>
>>7542916
dunno man this conversation is boring though.
>>
>>7542916
>I had a really awkward experience with a doctor
Tell me about it.
>>
>>7542932
It went like this. but I dont have a vagina I have a penis.
>>
>>7542932
Are you like literally asking me to tell you about it, or were you agreeing with me?

Yay language.
>>
File: 1451845639190.png (368 KB, 1008x955) Image search: [Google]
1451845639190.png
368 KB, 1008x955
>>7542656
reminder
/lit/ has been lucky to not have many of these
>>
>>7543126
How new can you be? /lit/ has a long and difficult history of tripfags. From the iconic brownbear who was stalked by girls who were hot but not as much as his gf to Deep&Edgy destroying every discussion with his absolute knowledge of Heidegger. We even were the ones that got Quentin to stop posting.
The /lit/ irc channel was the ground for so much trippfagotry that you wouldn't believe.
>>
>>7542546
Myra Breckinridge by Gore Vidal.
>>
>>7542546
Consider suicide by anonymous poster

I hear it's very appropriate for your "kind"
>>
>>7543142
This will be perfect! Thank you so much :)

And on that note, goodnight all!
>>
>>7542656
>queen
Fuck off, tranny
No amount of HRT will get rid of that Y chromosome
>>
>>7542916
He didn't know if you cut it off, which would change things, paranoid freak.
>>
>>7543135
I miss D&E, he kept the genre-plebs away
>>
>>7543135
Every board has tripfag drama, I suppose, but just take a gander at any of the more generic, heavily trafficked hobby boards and you'll see names and codes leaping out at you left and right, whereas I can't even name more than two or three that post here regularly anymore.
>>
>>7543346
>anymore
That's the thing, back then we had a ton of them.
>>
>>7543135
we drove them out
>>7543163
DO NOT TRIP
>>
>>7542546
are you trolling? does a magic sex change count? try Fracture: Divergence by Erik Schubach its as good as a 2 hour movie.
>>
Reminder: Transsexuality is a disgusting disease that goes against human nature. The cure is not surgery, the cure is not crossdressing, the cure will never be developed because it would be politically incorrect to even try to find a way to help these people without "changing" their gender. The acceptance of transsexuality leads to corrupted young minds and a degradation of societal morals.
>>
>>7543439
it's 2016 mate
>>
>>7543493
it will pass
>>
>>7543439
You do realize that the actual scientific method has been applied to this problem, and it has been determined that hormonal transition has a far greater success rate at reducing depression and suicide rates in transgender youth than any form of denialist therapy ever developed has, right?
>>
>>7542546
middlesex
>>
>>7542590
This is why people hate trannies, they're such disgusting attention whoring faggots. People give women shit on here for attention whoring but trannies are 1000 times worse.
>>
>>7543326
don't be so familiar with my husbando, bitch
>>
invisible monsters
>>
>>7544076
fuck you too, m8
>>
>>7544099
>hasn't read it
>>
>>7544143
I've sadly been through a Palahniuck stage and I've read everything up to Rant. It wasn't worth it.
>>
Isn't The Left Hand of Darkness somewhat this? Maybe more androgyny, don't really know enough about transgender to recommend.
>>
>>7544233
Besides the topic it's a really good book.
>>
My diary desu
>>
There's no such thing as transgenderism, only the mentally unstable who think they can change what they are. Back to tumblr, queerbait. If you're gay just say you're gay. That actually makes sense. Just done be a fag about it. You can suck a guys cock and not have to start cutting hair
>>
File: Max over rustle.gif (62 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
Max over rustle.gif
62 KB, 160x120
>>7544329
>>
>>7544233
This looks really fascinating too. Another added to list :)
>>
Feminist science fiction. I really like that :)

Thank you everyone for making such great suggestions. These will keep me busy for a while to be sure!
>>
>>7544950
Why are you tripfagging? Your posts are shit and no one cares who you are.
>>
>>7544980
You gonna cry about it? :(

There, there anon. It's going to be just fine.
>>
>>7542626
It's Steveena now
>>
>>7544750
I found many disappointed because they go in expecting revolutionary story about gender or some shit. its a dry story about 2 friends on the run (I would call it comfy instead of dry)
>>
>>7545079
Comfy is good. I don't need something specifically about gender, it would just be nice to have trans characters is all.
>>
>>7545156
well I just want you to go in with realistic expectations and a focus on the right thing, I have read too many reviews that are basically "I heard this thing was quadruped so I bought this cat but it does not bark, 0/10 dnf"
>>
>>7545186
Yeah and I definitely appreciate you explaining about it a little. Usually I try as best I can to start a book without any preconceived ideas about it. You never really know what you're getting into until it's done and over with :)
>>
>>7545004
No, but I can smell the newfag wafting off of your trip. Based on this particular aroma I can tell you're likely born in the 90's and werent on 4chan before 2010.
Your trip is shit and you probably named yourself. At least butterfly was original in her spelling and "gasbro" earned his. You're out of your league, junior. Go back to Reddit or 9gag or wherever you heard about this place from
>>
>>7545251
being on 4 chan is not some honor and /lit/ is dead as fuck, be happy someone posts.
>>
>>7545291
Keep telling yourself that, princess.
See you same time tomorrow?
>>
>>7545217
me too but few times I reached the end of the book and had some complaints only to go "well what did you expect" when you pick up a harlequin novel or a book for kids you should not expect a master work but since non of my books have psychical copies its sometimes hard to figure out what level book I picked up(recently happened to me when reading The School for Good and Evil)The Left Hand of Darkness is not as convoluted but I got it in a pack of books, did not what it was about or that it was famous so my experience was a lot different from people who drawn in by it being in top books lists. anyways I hope you have a comfy read
>>
>>7545251
I'm not the person you're responding to, but being born in the 1990s doesn't necessarily mean anything. A person born in 1991 will be 25 years old this year, and could potentially have been on 4chan since it was founded, if they were underage b& when they first arrived.
>>
kek this thread deserved to get rec'd myra/myron
>>
>>7543439
>the cure will never be developed
Gene therapy is becoming more advanced with every year.
>>7543632
No amount of HRT will take away that Y chromosome, you are not a woman ,fuck off.
>>
>>7545839
Keep denying science, brah.
>>
>>7546566
I'm not, science agrees with me, it only cares about the biological aspect of this topic (which is all that matters, fuck off with your pretend make-believe games)
Nature > nurture
>>
>>7546585
Boy, you sure know a lot about science! You must be a scientist of great renown in your field! How do you hold all those Nobel prizes, mate?

Oh, wait.
Colton Meier, Stacey; Fitzgerald, Kara; alii. "The Effects of Hormonal Gender Affirmation Treatment on Mental Health in Female-to-Male Transsexuals", 2011.
>Overall findings provide clear evidence that HRT is associated with improved mental health outcomes in female-to-male transsexuals.
Newfield, Emily; Hart, Stacey; alii. "Female-to-male transgender quality of life", 2006.
>FTM transgender participants who received testosterone (67%) reported statistically significant higher quality of life scores (p<0.01) than those who had not received hormone therapy.
>Providing this community with the hormonal care they request is associated with improved quality of life.
Murad, Mohammad; Elamin, Mohamed; alii. "Hormonal therapy and sex reassignment: a systematic review and meta-analysis of quality of life and psychosocial outcomes", 2009.
>Pooling across studies shows that after sex reassignment, 80% of individuals with GID reported significant improvement in gender dysphoria; 78% reported significant improvement in psychological symptoms; 80% reported significant improvement in quality of life; and 72% reported significant improvement in sexual function.
Ainsworth, Tiffiny; Spiegel, Jeffrey. "Quality of life of individuals with and without facial feminization surgery or gender reassignment surgery", 2010.
>Mental health-related quality of life was statistically diminished (P < 0.05) in transgendered women without surgical intervention compared to the general female population and transwomen who had gender reassignment surgery (GRS), facial feminization surgery (FFS), or both.
Gorin-Lazard, Audrey; Baumstarck, Karine; alii. "Is Hormonal Therapy Associated with Better Quality of Life in Transsexuals? A Cross-Sectional Study", 2011.
>Hormonal therapy was significantly associated with a higher QoL….
>The present study suggests a positive effect of hormone therapy on transsexuals' QoL after accounting for confounding factors.

Woops. I think my science accidentally got in the way of your science. My bad.
>>
>>7546851
>basing your research on self-reported mental health status
>ever

try harder, kid
>>
>>7546884
>dismissing scientific articles without even reading them

Bokay.
>>
>>7546851
Who gives a fuck about how they feel? It's about principle. Changing gender should not be an option. Do anything to fix it but don't corrupt nature.
>>
>>7547006
So viruses and bacteria should be allowed to roam free as well. Discontinue the production of penicillin along with all other meds. That's meddling with nature! Treating diseases is corruption!
>>
>>7547020
Transsexuality causes instability in society. It's a mental health issue, not a virus. If your cure causes society to become unstable and goes against everything humanity stands for, your cure is bad. Research should be done on a cure that can keep them their own gender, but that won't happen because kf the state of identity politics and political correctness.
>>
>>7546884
>basing your research on some unrelated anon's feelings about the topic
you're greatly improving the field, man
>>
>>7547040
See, I have no stock in this debate myself, but you're talking all scientifically, or trying to, and then you're moving onto "it goes against everything humanity stands for". Your dislike of trans stuff seems to be emotive first, which is fine, I don't like it either. But, you know, admit it. This dicking about with pseudoscience to justify your personal tastes is just embarrassing.
>>
>>7546985
>>7547075
You have nothing to say to him. Only insults.
>>7547079
I'm not the same guy.
>>
>>7547086
it's not an insult. someone posted tolerable scientific research and his answer was saying that their sources, the only kind they can get in the topic, aren't goog enough. while that's something someone can do, he proceeded to imply that his values, based on his own personal feelings, are more important that the variety of personal feelings used in the study.
It was pretty much like saying "my tummy doesn't hurt, no ones tummy can hurt"
>>
>>7542687
thank fucking god twiggy is gone. Holy shit what a terrible tripfag. I miss butters and wish oxford girl would tripfag so i could masturbate sadly as I think about her life in the city of spires and my life in the dirt.
>>
>>7543439
>human nature

Top ideology.
>>
>>7547107
Well, you can't say that just because it's the only evidence they have, it can't be unreliable. He's right. Personal account can't be trusted 100%. Of course they'll say they feel better. Either way, the problem with it for me is more to do with philosophy/principle. It also annoys me that proper research on a cure won't be funded because of political correctness and the general opinion that the current "cure" is good enough. The cure for obsessive pedophilia is not fucking children. Maybe that's a bad analogy, but that's the way I see it.
>>
File: 1451799671464.png (58 KB, 898x628) Image search: [Google]
1451799671464.png
58 KB, 898x628
>>7547115
Thanks for the constructive reply. We are not designed to change genders. It permanently fucks us up. You can't go back. The very essence of reproduction is challenged. Children who see this, people who see this, it doesn't sit right with them. Yes, human nature. Our physical nature. There's a reason people's first reaction to transsexualism is disgust. Besides, transsexuals aren't truly the other gender. I genuinely feel bad for them, but a "chick with a dick" is really a guy with tits. You will never change the Y chromosome.
>>
>>7547107
>he proceeded to imply that his values, based on his own personal feelings, are more important that the variety of personal feelings used in the study.

my only post ITT was >>7546884
>>
>>7547124
Look, if there could be a cure for that kind of thing there would be a cure for pedophilia, or at least a single antidepressant that works on everybody. We can't chemically fix the brain, but we can make people be happier. Why would you be against making people you'll never meet happy? This isn0t south park, no one is gonna get mad if you said some famous tranny isn't a hero. If peopleget so obsessed over making some horrible transwoman a hero is because they know the world is full of people who would automatically hate on them. If no one cared there would be no issue, because transpeople aren't forcing you to do shit.

>>7547108
I hope that she at least is painting more or doing something with her life. I want to believe that we can escape this place.
>>
>>7547145
If a discussion has two present arguments and you answer against one of them you are tacitly defending the other. If you ahd other intentions you should had made your personal argument pressent.
>>
>>7547148
Don't take this as an avtual point, as I'm not going to go hunting rn, but I believe there was a discontinued research project which actually made progress in removing the desire to change genders. And no, pedophilia and transsexuality are very different. Pedophilia is a fetish, a sexual preference. Transsexuality is something wholly different. Many transsexuals don't change their sexual preferences after they "change" their genders. We don't know if we can fix it because we've never tried. My problems with transsexuals:

I don't want to see it paraded around (extends to gay pride and shit)

I don't want them using the same washrooms/lockers/showers as the opposite of their true gender

I don't want my kids to be exposed to this and see it as okay; the less it is accepted in society, the better: this reduces the risk that people will switch genders during a phase/think thwy are the other gender but really aren't (edgy teens, that girl who grew out of it and
caused a Tumblr riot)

I don't want MY FUCKING TAXES to pay for transgender surgery

People say it's okay when it isn't. It's a disease, and it's accepted like it's something ordinary. People should pity transgender people, not celebrate them

Prolly more but Idk.
>>
>>7547181
Also it goes against my philosophical/ideological beliefs/ideals
>>
This thread got way out of hand while I was away :(

Why can't we just be nice and enjoy our books graciously?
>>
>>7546851
It's not about mental health, how you feel, or actually being happy with yourself, that's irrelevant to the topic at hand, what i was talking about was about actually becoming a woman, which no tranny has, so don't expect me to play along with them.
>>
>>7547181
you might be too mad bro.
Theyre not gonna take your tax dollars.
You dont have to fuck them.
>>
>>7542546
No. Just whiny, self-serving, Gary Sue bullshit.
>>
>>7547973
Innocent people are getting hurt by drug companies who aim to make a lot of money off of this whole movement.
Confused, depressed people should be protected from greedy doctors whose aim is to physically maim them. Children are being mutilated by this movement. Aside from my own self interest don't you think I should be against this simply because of the appalling human toll?
>>
>>7547079
That wasn't me, you can see my reply here >>7547970
>>7547148
>but we can make people be happier
I wasn't talking about treating gender dysphoria, I was only talking about actually becoming a woman.
Personally the only treatment I would accept for my dysphoria would be a way that lets me become a 100% full biological woman, on principle of not wanting a quick fix, but we'll probably not see that in our lifetime.
>>
>>7543135
>We even were the ones that got Quentin to stop posting.

how was this accomplished? for being a tripfag, his stoner images never fail to make me laugh
>>
>>7542656
>Wanting to be the "queen" of a shitty Ecuadorian fanfiction irc workshop.

Aiming high, gal pal.
>>
>>7542720
This post is cancer incarnate.
>>
>>7547108
>>7547148
I miss butters too.

She posted for like an hour a few weeks back.
>>
>>7548064
Hey I'm also taking a heavy resistance conditioning class. Gonna get strong as shit, man.
>>
>>7548077
Your biggest problem is that you don't read. That means the other people here who don't read (99% of /lit/) won't be impressed by even the tiny amount that you do read, which is not to say that you read at all; you don't.

Please don't bother responding with more lies. It's pathetic.
>>
>>7547986
>the appalling human toll

Bud, just how many people do you think are going out and doing this shit?
>>
>>7542684
i am now masturbating
>>
>>7542864
John Irving doing what he's always doing, exploring a character throughout decades of his life. Starts with a young confused boy who has to come to terms with being bisexual (in a time when being gay wasn't illegal anymore but highly frowned upon) and his romantic and sexual experiences all throughout puberty and adulthood. Definitely worth a read.
>>
>>7548118
Oh goodness that sounds incredible!
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>7548096
Lies? I am taking the weights class and I'm terrified! But will do it anyway. Another truth is that I love preparing healthy foods from scratch. I even READ pop nutrition propaganda like Wheat Belly.

So you know all about my biggest problem; what's yours??
>>
Holy shit after reading this thread I saw that OP is a cancerous pleb that doesn't care about book quality and is looking for shitty tokenisms.
>>7548097
Too many more than none :^)
>>
>>7547986
are you able to quantify this dire threat to society, and express it in rational terms? because from where i'm sitting it simply looks like you're making wild and baseless assumptions in an effort to look cool in front of your edgy 4chan pals.
>>
File: BAS.png (1 MB, 595x763) Image search: [Google]
BAS.png
1 MB, 595x763
>>
>>7547904
>>7547904
>Implying any board does whatever the board is about
>implying /a/ actually watches anime
>implying /vr/ plays retro games at all
>implying /ck/ can cook
>implying /tg/ can scrounge up enough friends to role play
>implying /lit/ is for books and not /pol/ without hard right and dank memes, for distinguished and intellectual anons who's ability to discuss unrealistic ideology for threads at a time makes them feel superior to non /lit/fags
>>
>>7547986
People have been doing hormone therapy since before societies had regirsters that could include that stuff. Estrogen supplements, until a decade ago, were still based on mare piss. There is a temple in India for people who are what we would call transgender, and they made very poor gender reasignment surgery for centuries.
The natural way of doing it is changing your body chemistry, the unnatural way is wanting to change your brain.
>>
>>7547994
>Personally the only treatment I would accept for my dysphoria would be a way that lets me become a 100% full biological woman, on principle of not wanting a quick fix, but we'll probably not see that in our lifetime.
Well, I live my life as a man, it sucks and there are many days in which I really consider just killing myself. I live in a country where transitioning isn't really an option, even though the government let's you change your name and get hormones if you want people are pretty prone to treat you like shit and the police has legal right to put you in jail for being a man dressed as a woman in some places. The only job I could get is prostitution. I won't try to transition, but if someone chooses to do it in a place it makes them happy and sort of works more power to them. It was much harder 30 years ago, maybe it will be much easier in 30 more. It still needs people risking it.
>>
>>7548042
someone doxed him after he said he was gonna put a bomb in his school and sent a mail to his director. fun stuff.

>>7548148
>I even READ pop nutrition propaganda like Wheat Belly.
Fuck you, girl. In a bad way.
>>
>>7542656
Kill yourself, faggot. Jesus, why do monsters like you even exist.
>>
I will fear no evil

By Robert heinlen
>>
Quit fucking replying to it, this shit isn't hard.
>>
>>7549259
did you just bumop the trhead after almost an hour and a half to tell people to stop bumping it?
Please tell me that you used sage, it still works.
>>
>>7549001
Funny how I never even considered this one as a trans character. I read that one in Jr. High and it affected me deeply. To this day I think that book is a huge part of the reason I decided to actually give transition a chance. When I was at one of the lowest points of my life back then, this book gave me hope.

No idea why people consider it to be Heinlein's worst work. To me it was always among his best.
>>
>>7548939
Physical fitness and overall health and wellness are important. And the recommendations made by the supposed experts in my country are unfortunately lacking :(

So yeah I read a variety of ideas concerning health and nutrition, and experiment with things to find what works for me. Btw I rated Wheat Belly 2/5. Author is a pompous asshole and makes too many unfounded claims and unsupported extrapolations, which overshadows any truth the book express sincerely.

>not reading the varying opinions of medical doctors to make better-informed decisions in daily life
pleb lol
>>
>>7549371
non of that is /lit/ related. Go talk it out in /fit/ and /ck/. If you don't want people to hate you try not to be part of the problem, if you actively make a decent thread shittier you are being a shitposter no matter your intentions.

At the very least sage when off topic so the page zero is a bit more literary.
>>
>>7548932
That's horrible :(

Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking? Is there any hope of emigrating away? Please don't kill yourself. There is always hope, and if you value your personal safety over transitioning then you've made a courageous and decision. Facing the dysphoria like that to stay alive must be so hard :(
>>
>>7549431
I don't care that much, life has bigger problems in general. I feel that transitioning wouldn't be that different from neet guys getting fit, if you want to feel okay with your life it's better to achieve things than to look like you want.
Also, sage when offtopic. This isn't /lgbt/
>>
>>7549451
Honestly I'm not even sure how to save and don't really care to learn. Seems like saging is usually passive aggressive way to express nerd rage, similar to downvoting which I despise. And bumping gives more chances of book suggestions with the added bonus of being completely harmless.

I'm trying to decide now which of these to read first. The Gore Vidal looks like it may be the most relevant, but I'm kind of looking ti be entertained, too. Dreams of Amputation?
>>
>>7549484
I get that you're a newfag. It's a /lit/ tradition to put sage in the options part to keep the page zero with threads with active book discussion. It's not passive agresive, it's a way to keep the board nice and being able to go off topic without bothering people who don't come here for that. Back when the board was young 60% of the posts had that blue tone of saged, if there was something related to the thread to say it got up again. It's a slow board so it takes at least half a day for a thread to go away if not several days.

If you're just looking for a good book to start with the recs here, the Leguin one is a solid book by itself and great reading for winter.
>>
>>7549505
You seem nice. I like nice people :)

Okay I'll give that one a try first. Thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>7548932
>if you want people are pretty prone to treat you like shit
Good, like is said, if you aren't a biological woman don't be expected to be treated like a woman.
>>
>>7549484
>Honestly I'm not even sure how to save and don't really care to learn. Seems like saging is usually passive aggressive way to express nerd rage, similar to downvoting which I despise.
You fucking newfaggot piece of shit please ky
Sage is not a downvote, fuck off back to reddit
>>
File: fae.jpg (226 KB, 900x720) Image search: [Google]
fae.jpg
226 KB, 900x720
>>7550053
it would be foolish to expect the same treatment as an average woman if you're trans, but being actively ostracized and unable to even find lawful employment is very extreme. even in developed countries people are discriminated against when it comes to housing, employment, etc. and this is unjust and wrong.
>>
The 36 Lessons of Vivec
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.