[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the minimum number of pages you aim to read a day?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: ezra-pound-wyndham-lewis.jpg (537 KB, 841x1000) Image search: [Google]
ezra-pound-wyndham-lewis.jpg
537 KB, 841x1000
What's the minimum number of pages you aim to read a day?
>>
>>
I don't. Most important advice I can give you is to read with the time you have. Also don't try to rush what you read.
>>
If you have to force yourself to read it is probably the wrong hobby for you
>>
>>7537070
/thread
>>
>>
>>7537070
>>7537077
So you read 1-2 pages a day?
>>
>>7537070
Yes, tell yourself ' I'll read for the next half hour ' and plow along on your own comfortable tempo
>>
>>7537083
>english major thinking reading is more than a hobby

I'll have a large coffee and hold the cream.
>>
>>7537064
Just reading 40 pages a day of any novel can get you by in a matter of weeks.

If it takes you longer than that, it's fine, but it's just that you are not really reading the book.
>>
>>7537064
>reading
>>
I am a slow as fuck reader when reading for pleasure. I try and get at least 2 hours before work.
>>
I just read when I take a shit 2bh
>>
>>7537064
The most I can.
Usually 50-70. Now because of Holidays 100-150.
>>
>>7537085
I actually study medicine and reading is my hobby you goof
>>
>>7537064

i'm always winning, everyday is great because i'm fucking chilling
>>
>>7537085

>I'll have a large coffee and hold the cream.

You know someone is lame when they steal lines from baby boomers.
>>
>>7537464
Ain't that righteous
>>
>>7537740

I bet anon has a really killer Monica Lewinski joke that they'd love to share too.
>>
>>7537070
This. I try to read as much as I can with the time I have or not start something at all.
>>
>>
75 minimum. More if I'm interested.
>>
highbrow - 35-40 pages
middlebrow - until i get bored
lowbrow - until i'm done pooping
>>
>>7537081
Sometimes I read as little as 5 pages in one day, sometimes 300. It depends on the day, how busy I am, what I'm reading.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.