[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the literary equivalent of Lana Del Rey?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (176 KB, 1024x801) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176 KB, 1024x801
Who is the literary equivalent of Lana Del Rey?
>>
>>7534291
Probably some attractive female blogger who got a book deal.
>>
>>7534386
I need names
>>
>>7534400
I'll check my own dubs so you don't have to
>>
>>7534291
sherman alexie
>>
>>7534291
Paul Auster.
>>
Lolita
>>
>popular
>success not due to merit, but due to parents' money and connections
>simplistic and childish

ergo, Eragon
>>
>>7534670
>studied philosophy and poetry in college
>is a decent singer
>a lot of unreleased material
>lit references in her songs
>not a feminist
>openly admits to fucking important people to become famous (see song: "Fucked My Way to the Top")
>doesn't like being famous
>>
>>7534830
>doesn't like being famous
God does this meme make me furious
>>
File: 2z6rrc3.jpg (60 KB, 613x877) Image search: [Google]
2z6rrc3.jpg
60 KB, 613x877
>>7534668
already taken
>>
>>7534830
look, i like her Just as much as the next fanfucboi but sincerely, the music fucked my way up to the top is not about that and it was just irony as to what people say about her and she makes that on purpose. She has said she slept with important man on the industry but didn't get anything from them.

And desu she majored In metaphysics but she doesn't sound all that smart to me because a lot of her songs that are "official" are ILUSIONS of messed up relashionships (bf going to jail, rebellion), lyrica copied from literature (yes) and her bragging and bratting.. She's cool but don't overestimate the girl. She wont live up to lit standards

She's got a good voice for the genre she sings and is a good one at that but she can't get deeper than that.
>>
>>7534830
And she LOVES being famous. She may not like being the topic of lies and rumors that are not true on even being followed when she wants to be private but even so..

Don't be blinded by image.
>>
>>7534291
Marian keyes
>>
>>7534291
>that pic
I want to own a respectable condition, early 1990s mercedes
>>
>>7534830
>openly admits to fucking important people to become famous (see song: "Fucked My Way to the Top")
>good thing

>superficial lit references in her songs
>good thing

>having a good voice or being a ''decent singer''
>good thing

top lel my b8 m8.
>>
Maybe female YA booktubers?
>>
>>7534291
your diary t b h
>>
>>7536339
>famous female singer in modern age
>not a feminist
She's ok by me
>>
Francesca Lia Block
>>
Sasha Grey
>>
>>7534291
Fart in our stars guy
>>
>>7534830
>Fucked My Way to the Top")
holy shit how did i not know about this song? this is hilarious
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.