[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just bought mein kamph and I was wondering if it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (364 KB, 988x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
364 KB, 988x1500
So I just bought mein kamph and I was wondering if it's interesting or if it's all a bunch of angry rambling? I'm reading it because it's historically siginificant, not because I believe in it.

>inb4 it's public domain

I don't want to read it online.
>>
Bumping for interest - I've been toying with the idea for a while myself. Odds are it's just a nutter saying nutty things, but I think it's important to read 'dangerous' or 'forbidden' books, and MK kind of epitomizes that.
>>
>>7533967
That's exactly how I feel about it, humanity can learn from mistakes if we don't study them.
>>
>>7534004
Can't*
>>
>>7533967
Good point

>>7534004
Missing the point, and a good one at that
>>
>>7533949
Don't read it, majority of the writing is edits of edits done by propaganda teams.
>>
>>7534059
Well so is the bible but people constantly read that.
>>
>>7534086
zing.
>>
>>7533949
Lot's of circular reasoning and repetitive rambling. That's not saying there's nothing to take away from it though
>>
>>7534097
It gets delivered next week so I'm looking forward to reading it, I've always liked learning about ww2 so this is kind of required reading I feel like.
>>
>>7533949
>I'm reading it because it's historically significant, not because I believe in it.
>Actually caring if you offend people on here for even the slightest chance that you might agree with it.
>>
>>7534142
I didn't want the thread to turn into some retarded /pol/ shitposting.
>>
>>7534149
That would basically lure it, because fear of offense on a site such as this is an alien concept.

It's better to pretend there isn't any stigma or social tabuu regarding "forbidden books". This way you can actually read what they're saying, not what people want you to believe they're saying.
>>
>>7534123
That's exactly how I felt too, shoulda seen the school librarians face when I checked it out though lol, it's probably banned by now though
>>
File: oigejoi.jpg (20 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
oigejoi.jpg
20 KB, 500x625
>being afraid of mentioning mein kampf without including the obligatory "I-IT'S NOT LIKE I BELIEVE HITLER OR ANYTHING!!"
>on 4chan

No one cares faggot
>>
>>7533949
It absolutely sucks. I read it thinking it would be interesting but it was sorta unbearable to read.
The book definitely rambles but it isn't that angry. There is a lot of discussion about the Reichtag and political references which I didn't get.
It really isn't that great of book. I doubt that many people were inspired by reading it. It only became a best seller because he rose to power and everyone wanted to figure out what this guy was about.
>>
>>7534373
> It only became a best seller because he rose to power and everyone wanted to figure out what this guy was about.

Many cities made Mein Kampf a mandatory gift for the majority of interactions with their citizens - for example, when you married, you got a complimentary copy paid for by the government. The best sales strategy ever devised!
>>
>>7534367
Go back to /pol/ faggot.
>>
>>7534388
Well at least they encouraged reading.
>>
File: 1450353685302.jpg (57 KB, 640x866) Image search: [Google]
1450353685302.jpg
57 KB, 640x866
Mein Kampf is great for a laugh.
Pick any page and you'll get something along the lines of "REEEEEEEE JEWS COMMIES NIGGERS GET OUT REEEEE"
>>
>>7534421

It's un-channian to be offended by anything.
>>
>>7534441
I've never posted on /lit/ before so I didn't know if the mods were cucks or not.
>>
>>7534446

You only need to worry about that with /co/ or possibly /tg/.
/lit/ is like any other board; memes, it's own brand of shitposting and a hierarchy of taste.
>>
>>7534441
Have you ever been to /pol/? They make tumblr seem level headed when it comes to being offended
>>
>>7534452
Thanks anon that's good to know, I also got pale blue dot, and war and peace, I'm trying to get back into reading.
>>
>>7533949
It's not particularly interesting or well writte .

It does how ever offer a decent insight into the mind of a left leaning fascist. The similarities between his work and most feminist tumblr blogs is remarkable. Especially when it comes to establishing that echo chamber.
>>
>>7534456

I mean in the sense that you aren't supposed to put "trigger warnings" on your opinions.

>>7534462
>War and Peace
Oh my, I think you're going to have your first /lit/ meme experience real soon.
>>
>>7534471
I'm glad I can get that insight with mein kamph because I don't plan on reading any feminist literature.
>>
File: 0C1yA6S.jpg (247 KB, 712x1024) Image search: [Google]
0C1yA6S.jpg
247 KB, 712x1024
>>7534490
it's 'Kampf' not 'Kamph'
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.