[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Philip K. Dick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
Was he right all along?
>>
>>7533699
>Dick
lmfao
>>
About what. Fucking memes...
>>
I'm just about finished with high castle. It fucking sucks. Why is this guy so highly regarded? How did they make a TV show out of this? Idgi.
>>
>>7533699
He was very right about cats, that's a nice cat, and that's a fuzzy Philip K. Dick with a nice fuzzy cat
>>
>>7533735
Because
>dude
>drugs
>lmao
>>
File: thedancingdick.jpg (71 KB, 480x603) Image search: [Google]
thedancingdick.jpg
71 KB, 480x603
>>7533699
Yes, he was.
>>
>>7533735
>he didn't get it

laughingchinamen.jpg
>>
>>7533735
lol I read android sheep sleep, valis, and the man in the high castle and thought the same thing. hes very underwhelming and almost embarrassing. I feel i could have written these books if only I didn't give a fuck.
>>
>>7534127
>>7533735
You guys are not alone. I read A Scanner Darkly and it was a massive let down.
>>
>>7533735
>>7534127
>>7534174
reading high castle right now. i like it. id like to hear negative criticisms of it though.
>>
File: 1446321279205.png (227 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1446321279205.png
227 KB, 300x300
>>7534174
oh dont say that i've been furiously masturbating over the thought of reading it and hoping that it surpasses the movie in every way. the movie was awesome (the second time around) btw.
>>
>>7534190
Read it. It's good (I havent seen the movie yet)
>>
>>7534190
It does, the movie is a pretty direct but reduced adaptation of the book, so you've got a more detailed and developed version of the same on your hands. Bit of a shame if your imagination gets stuck on the suits as seen in the movie having seen it first, since they're damn ugly there, but I guess they're uncanny-valley ugly, so fitting in a way.
>>
>>7533699
"If this asshole doesn't put me down right now I"m scraching his fucking face off."
>>
>>7533984
He looks like he smelled terrible.
>>
>>7533699
We live inside the matrix.

Phillip K. DIck was right all along.
>>
>>7533699
For the most part I feel he was right, he got a little spaced out toward the end there, I couldn't even finish Valis. It's more the atmosphere of his books that were so spot on to the world we live in now
>>
>>7533699

I thought that his ramblings in VALIS made a good deal of sense, as long as you disregarded his tiresome and rather inept use of philosophical categories.
>>
>>7534734
VALIS is the only PKD book I couldn't finish. I read three stigmata of palmer eldritch, ubik, do androids dream of electric sheep, and high castle. I enjoyed all of those but VALIS just rubbed me the wrong way. The story felt like a hallow excuse for PKD to espouse his philosophical musings.

What's wrong with me, anon?
>>
>>7534815

I think that you're right in considering it more of a vessel for his own, increasingly esoteric world view than an actual story, and I also found it quite hard to read, in that it was less interesting as a narrative than his other works.

What carried me through in the long run, was that I ended up feeling that he was actually getting at something in the end. However quasi-prophetically, I did - do - feel like his deranged talk about 'the black iron prison' does speak to a very real injustice and perversion of power and language that has taken place throughout the west.
>>
>>7533699
idk but he made me have a fetish for androids tho
>>
hi guys i just have a qucik question 4 u all how do u masturabate??? i just gogled dick & this pooped up
>>
Gnosticism does feel right. You get to appropriate philosophical proofs of God and platonism while nullifying the problem of evil. You are stuck in a dark maze and it's only up to you to awaken and find yourself at home. It's the most comfy religious position.
>>
>>7535201
I agree.
>>
>>7535167

Please. This hardly a particularly far-out discussion for /lit. And besides, why would you even go to a literature board if you can't handle a bit of lofty debate? Kindly gtfo.
>>
>>7535304
Oh no! I just googled "no fun allowed" and found your post, what do I do now
>>
>>7535167
kek
>>
>>7535328

.. You're right. What a mindblowingly hilarious ride your last couple posts have been.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.