[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I get a rec for something that gives a Neutral Milk Hotel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Youvepassed.jpg (66 KB, 599x599) Image search: [Google]
Youvepassed.jpg
66 KB, 599x599
Can I get a rec for something that gives a Neutral Milk Hotel vibe. I read Night by Elie Wiesel and something along those lines would be appreciated.
>>
>>7529179
Neutral Milk Hotel is the Dave Mathews Band of music.
>>
>>7529224
haha that was funny
>>
>>7529224
I enjoyed this.
>>
The Diary of Anne Frank
>>
Infinite Jest
>>
>>7529436
I already have Anna's ghost all around. I want something new.
>>
Infinite Jest - an overwrought 90s-as-fuck novel written to impress a girl
>>
Diary of my Mental Illness
100 Years of Solitude
Aurelia
Get into 1920-30s avant-garde, surrealism and Dadaist stuff from france
Watching Pan's Labyrinth gave me some NMH vibes
>>
>>7529480
Thanks for your honest answer and I love pans labyrinth.
>>
>>7529179
>>>/mu/
You can take your entry-level culture there.
>>
just read Mein Kampf and get over this degenerate veneration of jewesses
>>
>>7529480

Yeah, this is basically what I was going to say. I would reckon this is the most accurate stuff you'll find in regards to his writing influence at the time of ITAOTS, but there are some poets I'm sure he was fond of as well. Probably Dickinson. Definitely the surrealism. I'd say he read a lot of religious philosophy too, and mystic philosophy as well. And perhaps he was versed in Taoism too.

https://www.atpfestival.com/events/jeffmangum/view/bookclubjeff
>>
>>7530221
shut up dumbass
>>
>>7530221
>>7530540
Ditto. Please leave here. You aren't smart enough.
>>
>>7530547
>>7530221
>"entry-level culture" is a good criticism

There is a world outside of 4chan. In this world there are artists that make art outside of preconceived notions of memes. Some artists create works that are noted as exceptional by critics and fans. They then get posted here to get memed to death.

You made me care enough to reply so I guess fuck you.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.