[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello guys, I wanted to know what is the best e-book reader that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: EPUB_logo.svg.png (29 KB, 745x1024) Image search: [Google]
EPUB_logo.svg.png
29 KB, 745x1024
Hello guys, I wanted to know what is the best e-book reader that reads the epub format for the best price ?
>>
>>7528755
why the people in /lit/ is so tech retarded? i never understood this.
>>
kobo
>>
>>7528772
Which model ?
>>
>>7528782
the portable one
>>
>>7528809
They are all portable. I mean, which model do you have and why ?
>>
Not the dude you're discussing with but I have a kindle 4G and serves for the purpose of reading. I think that any e-reader is fine

Also, just for your information, there's the kindle paperwhite that has backlight if that's your thing
>>
>>7528830
I use aura, got it for cheap. Yeah I just buy books when it's on sale.
>>
>>7530715
I think I will take the aura too, thanks
>>
I've got the Aura H2O it's pretty nice. And cheap too if you're in America. Buy it from Canada and enjoy that favorable exchange rate.
>>
I got the Aura H2O and I like it a lot.
>>
Got a kindle paperwhite. It's glorious.
I usually have problems falling asleep after using tech, but not after using it. Kind of disappointed by the battery life, only about 30 hours. I've traveled longer than this. It doesn't read epub, but that's no problem with calibre.
The reading really feels natural, doesn't tire the eye. Really good.
>>
>>7532354
Kindle doesn't read the epub format. It's a deliberate omission meant to lock consumers (who don't Calibre) into Amazon's own format.
>>
>>7528755
converting from epub to azw3 is completely painless.

>>7528762
This, I cant fuckin fathom it. Its so clear that everyone who has bought a paperwhite has been nothing but happy with it, EXCEPT with PDFs.

The only people who hate it are hipster contrarians who buy kobo because fuck amazon, and thats fine because its a great device too.
>>
>>7532363
calibre>send specific format to device>azw3.

Unless you are a bibliotik purist who only looks for retail copies for upload credit, or are some linux fag who cuts the words "open source" onto his wrist with hot paperclips that is fine way to do it.
>>
>>7528830
Just make sure it has a light and you are good to go. I have a kobo glo I bought a couple years back, it's great.
>>
>>7532354
Check out f.lux
>>
>>7532371
As a diehard freedomfag I'm still mad about the lack of jailbreak, though.
>>
I'm wondering why nobody has mentioned the Nook line yet in this thread. It reads more file formats than does the kindle, including epubs (and yes I do know about Calibre). They have a device equivalent to the kindle paperwhite, along with tablets comparable to those from Amazon.
>>
>>7532371
Yes of course, you and I know about this, but the vast majority of Amazon customers don't and they all end up rewarding Amazon's lock-in.
>>
>>7532388
Nooks have like 1gb of space with no option for external storage. Nooks are the lowest tier.
>>
OP here. Thanks for your replies guys.
I think I will take an e-reader with light, and I would prefer a Kobo, because I don't want to use Calibre.
I live in France, and I will buy my reader when the sales start, the 6 January.
>>
>>7532369
What the problem Kindle has with PDFs? I got one for christmas and apart from selectively changing the font style when it wants, it's decent
>>
>>7532377
Thanks mate. Hope I'll sleep well tonight.
>>
>>7532480
Why would somebody use PDF over mobi?

The only reason I think is a)The book is not avaliable in other formats b) It's graphic rich and you can't read it without the images
>>
>>7528755
adobe digital editions
>>
new nook has 4gb (~2.8 for files)
waterproof, android 4.4
>>
>ebook readers
just use your phones you retards
>>
>>7532766
Got it, but it's for pc dude
>>7532836
My Phone has already this fonction, but I want to save his battery.
>>
>>7532468
You still use calibre to maintain your library tho...
>>
Buy a Paperwhite 3 and use calibre.
>>
>>7532753
if you have a scan of a book, it is alot easier to read it on an ipad in pdf than to OCR, correct errors, and format into RTF/HTML, then convert to epub
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.