[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys ever get lonely when reading? It gets so quiet and,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 200px-Marin_Preda.jpg (17 KB, 200x257) Image search: [Google]
200px-Marin_Preda.jpg
17 KB, 200x257
Do you guys ever get lonely when reading? It gets so quiet and, unless I am at an interesting plot point, I can't stop from feeling sad and pessimistic. I end up reading fewer than 25 pages per hour this way.

I guess this is part of the reason why few people read nowadays, silence can be hard to handle.
>>
Wtf no
>>
>>7528226
No. Although, sometimes, when I read if I see the word "love" "sad" dreams" or "suicide" I keep my eyes on that words and my mind goes around that words and stop the reading process. It's annoying.
>>
Books make good companions, friendo. You should start reading better books, or at least work your way up, if you're reading books above your reading level.
>>
>Silence can be hard to handle
Pleb as fuck
>>
>>7528226
Have you tried not being a pussy? Seriously, man up and enjoy your solitude. Or go read in public. Idk.
>>
time to start lifting anon
>>
maybe you should start with fiction where plot is interesting before moving to books where the actual sentences are interesting.
never had that problem
>>
>>7528226

I wouldn't say I'm as far gone as you OP, but this remidns me of a sad day.

I went to my city's central library on a sunny summer day and I ended up borrowing the savage detectives. It had this foreword that was the author talking about "when I was young all i did was fuck, drink, fight, blabla" and I instantly thought of myself going to the library where the old women roastie normies probably looked down on me for going there, where a vaguely attractive girl about ym age (21 or something) had probably never stepped foot inside, where it was dusty. It made me feel like a loser for reading. I still have no confidence or faith in reading.
>>
>>7531344
is this pasta? I've seen it posted before. Or maybe this day is so important to you that you can't keep yourself from writing about it.
>>
>>7531364

I wrote about it one or maybe at most twice before but it's not pasta.

Although if you've seen r9k tier stuff on /lit/ literally tens of times, then that was maybe me.
>>
>>7528226
I'd say is the opposite for me.
I'm always lonely, but I forget about that when I'm reading - it takes me out of the place I live in, where I truly don't want to be.
>>
>>7531344
>roastie
>normies

Kill yourself, frog faggot scum
>>
>>7531413

lmao, normie scum can't handle abstractions. get back 2 the presocratics
>>
>>7531444
Go rinse out your piss bottles
>>
>>7528226
IMO it's a phase you need to get through. Like you need to let go of the world and others to get sucked into the books world.
>>
>>7531390
upvote
>>
File: david-foster-wallace-647028.jpg (128 KB, 640x884) Image search: [Google]
david-foster-wallace-647028.jpg
128 KB, 640x884
Our master is here to save another thread.
>>
>>7532276
Oh fuck that's hilarious.
>>
File: hammock.jpg (80 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
hammock.jpg
80 KB, 450x450
>>7532276
>really deep serious sex
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.