[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Want to submit my short story to as many literary magazines/journals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 202x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 202x300
Want to submit my short story to as many literary magazines/journals as possible, list the ones I don't have to pay to submit that you'd recommend. I think this could be my magnum opus.

Have you ever been published in a literary magazine or journal, /lit/?
>>
What kind of story is it?

Perhaps you should try duotrope, also.
>>
File: BJ-Silvermine_05.jpg (381 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
BJ-Silvermine_05.jpg
381 KB, 666x666
http://www.pw.org/literary_magazines
fuck off
>>
>>7526818

Sorry, that's actually a pretty good question and I should have specified that duotrope isn't exactly helping. I suppose I'd consider it experimental or metafiction based on its style but thematically or storytelling-wise it might creep into surrealism. The sort of thing someone writes after spending a year or two devouring postmodernism and then rebelling against it. I can envision lots of fiction editors appreciating its merits but saying it's not for them.
>>
Pick up the newest annual Writers Market
>>
>>7526853
>experimental or metafiction based on its style

do I even need to read it to say it's probably not that good?

For christsakes, maybe talk what it's ABOUT. Talking about how it's metafictional or "Experimental" (no, I can assure you, nothing you wrote was "experimental" in the sense you mean) means you probably don't have control over your own story.
>>
>>7526816
I'm in the same boat as OP with four short stories I have completed that are only sitting on my computer. Mine as well hold an element of surrealism but may be considered as suspenseful. One for example is about a man who wakes up on a boat surrounded by a still landscape and suffering a loss of memory; he learns that he is being experimented on towards the end.
>>
>>7526846

This is pretty useful.

>>7526865

I'm not going to dignify the level of presumption and arrogance in that post by responding to it, sorry. It definitely is experimental though, apologies if you felt such a callous remark somehow undermined your superiority complex.
>>
I didn't know they had literary magazines.
What magazines would you recommend reading?
>>
>>7526853
lol I don't know if this is satire.
>>
>>7526923

>I'm not going to dignify the level of presumption and arrogance in that post by responding to it, sorry.

He said, responding to it.
>>
Most literary journals dislike simultaneous submissions and would probably be suspicions if you told them you were subbing to lots at once. Getting short stories published tends to take months of waiting, only to find out they don't want it. Submit it to a couple for now and get cracking on your next story. There's no point in waiting around for the one.
>>
I know posting buzzfeed is bad, but this article is honestly the best source for getting started in literary magazines. I'm published in a small local one and I've had some poetry published.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lincolnmichel/the-ultimate-guide-to-getting-published-in-a-literary-magazi

It's written by the co-editor of Electric Literature and he has been in fucktons of magazines.

>>7526968
Tin House and Granta are GOAT.
>>
>>7526853
Yeah, if you can't even give a plot synopsis, you're not going to be publushed.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.