[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just read the Stranger. Where to next? Do I go straight into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: oscar isaac.jpg (67 KB, 378x502) Image search: [Google]
oscar isaac.jpg
67 KB, 378x502
I just read the Stranger.

Where to next? Do I go straight into the Myth of Sisyphus?
>>
>>7525547
Do whatever the fuck you want. I'm not your mom.
>>
>>7525547

I advise you re-read the Stranger if you do not see the irony of your post
>>
File: 1449885008156.jpg (211 KB, 1462x1750) Image search: [Google]
1449885008156.jpg
211 KB, 1462x1750
>>
Honestly I didn't see the big deal with this book. Seems to be extremely overrated.
>>
>>7525580
it's a simple introduction to existentialism
>>
>>7525547
Try reading a REAL philosopher like Nieteche or Richard Dockins.
>>
>>7525561
>>7525563
god damn I just wanted to make a shitpost thread with that picture of oscar isaac looking like camus
>>
>>7525580

It's straightforward and rejects obfuscation to make an essential component of the human condition come to light to everyone who reads it.
>>
11th grade.
>>
>>7525590
>Dockins
>Not Keycard or at least Playdoh.
>>
>>7527312
Fucking kek
>>
>>7525610
>oscar isaac
ver jewy name
>>
>>7525547
Go for The Plague. I did it the other way around because no one told me.
>>
>>7527344
>those plebs
>not Kunt or Daycarty
>>
>>7525547
It's funny, because I just recently read The Stranger and while I was doing so I pictured Oscar Isaac as Raymond all the time
>>
>>7529039
was it because you watched Drive?
>>
>>7525574
>mfw I read the fall, then the rebel, then myth of sisyphus, then the stranger
haha whoops.
Though actually going into the stranger with a better background made it really enjoyable. A Happy Death is next.
>>
I just started reading "the myth" and finished the stranger about a week ago. I think, i'm going to pause it and read "the rebel" first.
>>
>>7527312
This is when I read it for school.
My class's response to it was that Meursault was so random andthe book was kinda gay but at least it was pretty short
>>
>>7530697
Sophisticated response for people so young.
>>
>>7530449
No, it wasn't as in Drive, it was much more like in OP's pic related
But yeah, I fucking hated Raymond
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.