[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought this. Did I do good? Also, what are some other stories/authors/books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: ayy lmao.jpg (214 KB, 913x1304) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.jpg
214 KB, 913x1304
Just bought this. Did I do good? Also, what are some other stories/authors/books that are similar to Lovecraft's ayy lmao cosmic horror?
>>
>Did I do good

Yes, you are the best
>>
>>7525513
:D
>>
>>7525495
>similar to Lovecraft's ayy lmao cosmic horror?
clark ashton smith
ligotti
>>
>>7525495
The B&N one is prettier
>>
>>7525527
I agree, but they didn't have the version that supposedly fixes many of the grammatical errors of the first edition.

>>7525521
Are the Black Wings of Cthulhu anthologies worth getting?
>>
>>7525495
have fun reading that my friend. i am on a dream quest to read 700/1100 pages and am about halfway through right now
>>
>>7525495
poe is the next most similar
>>
>>7525589
Thank you. Good luck to you too.

>>7525602
So I guess the same edition of this but for Poe?
>>
>>7525613
He obviously meant most similar in both content and impact, you dummy
>>
File: 1408173880580.gif (964 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1408173880580.gif
964 KB, 500x280
>>7525613
i just finished up dream quest of kadath after charles dexter.
tomorrow imma read color in the space.
ive read about 20 stories so far

ya i would get the poe book, highlight the most popular first and read them first, that's what i did with poe and i'm doing it with lovecraft
>>
>>7525495
That's not The Tunnel, so, no, you did not do good.
>>
>>7525495
You always do good, OP. We're proud of you.

Lovecraft's pr neat. Kinda outdated, hit and miss and especially racist for his time period but his shit can be damn interesting when it wants to be. Try out At The Mountains of Madness, Shadow Over Innsmouth, Shadow Out of Time, The Music of Erin Zann, Color Out of Space, The Outsider, The Rats in the Walls, Call of Cthulu, The Strange Case of Charles Dexter Ward, Dreams in the Witch House, The Whisperer in the Darkness, Pickman’s Model, The Mound, Cat of Ulther, The Thing on the Doorstep, The Nameless City,
Dulwich Horror, The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath, Cool Air, Herbert West - Reanimator, The Picture In the House, Dream Cycle, The White Ship, The Walls of Sleep, The Doom That Came to Sarnath
>>
>>7526774
Shadow Over Innsmouth and Color Out of Space are my favorite stories by him. I adore him describing a never before seen color
>>
>>7526774
maybe just read the whole book there ya thanks bud
>>
>>7526774
I'll read the whole stories but I really don't care if we was racist or not, we're talking about the 19th/20th century here.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.