[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /lit/'s opinion on this series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: covers_af1.jpg (44 KB, 324x500) Image search: [Google]
covers_af1.jpg
44 KB, 324x500
What's /lit/'s opinion on this series?
>>
go back to reddit
>>
>>7523492
not literature
>>
It was very amusing when I read it in middle school.
>>
>>7523492

Nostalgic.... You hit me in my nostalgia bone
>>
for children and manchildren
>>
it's middle school tier wish fulfilment for nerds who got bullied/werent popular but were "smart" to feel better about themselves. fantasy world where being super intelligent and smart can magically open up a whole new world for you.

also the being rich part. that helps.
>>
>>7523492
Not just bad, but bad FOR you.
>>
>>7523492
I read the first four as they came out. Wikipedia tells me that means my ages were 9, 10, 11 and 13. I knew a fifth one came out when I was 14 but I think I just decided I'd grown out of it by then.
I didn't even realise they were up to book 8 until this thread.

I mean, they're fine - for kids. I remember enjoying them very much. Nothing I'd be interested in revisiting.
>>
>>7523492
Fantastic read, at the age where I read them.
>>
Hey welcome to /lit/! I see you found your way here through a pesky imgur that got posted by some sort of traitor going by the name of tommy pinecone, now if you just use your cursor and go up to the search bar you can search a website that I think you might enjoy more check out /r/books . Thanks for understanding.
>>
>>7523529

It is a book written for children. Of course it's middle school tier wish fulfilment.

What is the matter with you?
>>
This actually seems like the perfect place to pose a question I've been wanting to ask. With Douglas Adams' wife's permission, Eoin Colfer also wrote the last book of The Hitchhiker's Guide series, "And Another Thing". Does anyone know if it's worth the read? I've been considering it, but it's not Adams, so obviously I'm a bit apprehensive.
>>
>>7523631
Read the synopsis on wikipedia, then disregard it completely because it's just retarded fanfic anyway. Not that HGttG isn't retarded itself, but 'And Another Thing...' is just next-level autism, from the sound of it, I mean, because I only ever read the synopsis.
>>
>>7523631
it's not great. if you really like hitchhikers universe read it but it's pretty bland overall
>>
>>7523492
I liked it when I read it in Middle School. I thought Holly Short was hot, and I'd like to worship her feet, but other than that...

I read all of them except the last two, because I grew out of them.
>>
>>7523687
I suppose if a book doesn't stroke your pride as a literati than it's 'retarded'.
The hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy was a very amusing book, yes the premises, situations, and characters were ridiculous, does that make the book retarded to you?
Grow up man, when learning how to communicate, one must also learn how to simplify, so as to better spread their message.
>>
>>7525088
why do footfags feel a need to constantly bring up their fetish? it's disgusting
>>
>>7525897
Well gee I dunno Anon, why do you get so uptight about it? Do you have any fetishes you are harboring that you would like to share with us?
>>
>>7525859
>than it's 'retarded'
>than
I don't care if I'll agree with this or not. Fucking dropped.
>>
>>7523492
Not very good. No one over the age of 9 should be reading them.
>>
the part where he talks about the ice and the tap water is all i remember. and the contact lens bs.
>>
>>7525975
>Do you have any fetishes you are harboring that you would like to share with us?
No because nobody wants to hear it and normal people know better than to share it.
>>
>>7526228
>Normal people
Do you not know where you are?
>>
master bait
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.