[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What edition of Gravity's Rainbow do I get?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: pinecone.jpg (56 KB, 243x335) Image search: [Google]
pinecone.jpg
56 KB, 243x335
What edition of Gravity's Rainbow do I get?
>>
File: 1450996994880.webm (1001 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1450996994880.webm
1001 KB, 400x300
>>
File: 9dc.png (363 KB, 701x394) Image search: [Google]
9dc.png
363 KB, 701x394
>>7522578
>he thinks this is a meme

get the 1995 penguin anon, blueprint cover.
>>
>>7522578
not a meme

>>7522596
thanks
>>
okay so is this book actually worth reading? I havent really been on this board long enough to tell. I dont want to get memed on guys
>>
>>7523673
It's really good. You should read it.
>>
>>7522558
the blueprint cover or the original orange cover (expensive)
>>
>>7523673
why are you so retarded you need someone to tell you what to read.
>>
>>7523673
Pynchon in general is very gun to read.

Check out Lot 49 or Inherent Vice first, then move on to V. and Gravity's Rainbow.
>>
what about vintage classics? (i like the aesthetic of the cover)
>>
The only versions you should be concerned about is the Penguin Deluxe Classics one with the Frank Millar art, and the vintage one with the Where's Waldo art. Older versions of the Penguin one has many typos and a line missing on page 139-140, so just flip to that page and make sure it doesn't say, "your task, in these dreams, is often to pens." And the Vintage one can sometimes have poor printing quality, so flip through that and make sure it's readable for you.
>>
>>7524557
terrible advice. Just dive into Gravity's rainbow without any expectations for the optimal reading experience. I read V. before GR and I wasn't able to enjoy GR as much as I did V since the shock effect was lost on me.
>>
>>7523705
because
> millennials
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 500x823) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 500x823
>>7524633
Shock effect? You are retardod, dood.
>>
>>7524633
>Pynchon
>Shock effect

What?
>>
>>7524647
>>7524654
I mean the shock you get when reading pynchon for the first time.
(sorry no espiko el inglés)
>>
why do people think the Tchitcherine/Enzian meeting is so particularly beautiful? what about it makes it so tear-jerkingly awesome?
>>
>>7524671
herm i was planning on reading Crying Lot then Gravity's Rainbow. I'm confused now.
>>
>>7525562
Just do the recommended 49 → V → GR
>>
>>7522558
none, read something decent.
he's a hack and no amount of memeing will make him good
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.