[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: q.jpg (339 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
339 KB, 600x600
I need some advice. What is stylistically better?

>trilogy of novels following a few characters but no real over arching plot, just smaller subplots

or

>3 separate novels having similar but distinctly different characters and universes tailored to fit the respective plot of each novel

pic unrelated
>>
not writing pleb trash is bette
>>
>>7519813
>not even attempting to be helpful
>>
bamp
>>
for the love of all that is /lit/, bump
>>
The bottom. Let's each world breathe into it's own.
>>
>>7521595
thanks anon
>>
From that pic and those ideas I can tell you're going to write genre-shit.
Fuck off
>>
>>7521855
That pic happened to be the only thing I had quicksaved to my new desktop, sorry if it triggered you

>genre-shit
I don't even know what you're implying here. Even if I was writing in a particular genre, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that unless you're a hipster autist with made-up taste.
>>
>>7521869
Genre-fiction is garbage.
>hipster autist
Buzzwords, post discarded.
>>
>>7522020
>he confuses not knowing the meaning of simple terms with "buzzwords"

I meant exactly what I said, only a socially inept individual would be so sold into their own viewpoint and idea they must be ahead of the curve and better than others that they would regard any work written with similar setting and themes as popular works "garbage."
>>
>>7522123
"Hipster" has no concrete definition apart from the dictionary's, which is not what you posted.
>themes
Tropes, genre-garbage is formulaic.
>>
>>7522133
You'd have been more convincing if you had just saged the thread from the beginning.
>>
>>7522144
No argument
I win
>>
i like the first one more.

but im just a pleb, so whatever.
>>
>>7522147
The point of the thread wasn't to have an argument with someone who was just asking for help. You accomplished nothing.
>>
>>7522225
>The point of the thread wasn't to have an argument with someone who was just asking for help.
I decide what I appropriate threads for.
>You accomplished nothing.
Good
>>
>>7519807
why do you need to write three things?
>>
>>7522148
>>7522148
With the first option there's more room for character development, which initially seems counter intuitive.

With the second option there's potential for a tighter plot and less shoehorning.
>>
>>7522251
Three was an arbitrary number, the concept still applies if the number was two.
>>
>>7522260
What's the subject matter?
>>
>>7522260
Why do you have to write a series?
>>
>>7522280
>>7522290
I have three main projects I'm working on, each one deals with vastly different subject matter.

Within each of these projects, there's enough content for numerous arcs, some of which contain subject matter that might benefit from just becoming a project in and of itself rather than another sequel.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.