[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/. I realized I haven't read enough books during
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
Hey /lit/. I realized I haven't read enough books during my 20 years of living, due to my slow reading and depression that keeps me from being able to concentrate. Also, most books I've read were YA novels in highschool (which I hated when reading) or other meh entery-level stuff like Lord of the Flies. However, recently I decided I should force myself to read more frequently and intensely.
Literary works that I can say I really love are everything by Tolkien, 1984, PKD's Do Androids and The Three Stigmata, Ender's Gamd and Story of the Eye.
What I already plan to read are Pynchon's stuff, DFW's, Le Guin's, Neuromancer, The Tunnel, Foucault's Pendulum, and that's it on my list, I think.

Don't direct me to the starter kit, already read much of it that I enjoyed like A Clockwork Orange or BNW, but I look for "deeper" shit.
So can you guys please suggest your 10/10 books please?
>>
>>7518410
>>7518410
bump
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>7518410
Read "man and his Symbols"
>>
>>7518410
>Literary works that I can say I really love are everything by Tolkien, 1984, PKD's Do Androids and The Three Stigmata, Ender's Gamd and Story of the Eye.

literally 1 literary work in this whole list.

since you like bataille maybe read Story of O or Interviews with Hideous Men.
>>
>>7518410
Start with the Greeks

Also read japanese lit
>>
File: 1432475026395.jpg (884 KB, 1032x2451) Image search: [Google]
1432475026395.jpg
884 KB, 1032x2451
yeah but have you read these? the other list is a meme
>>
>reading meme-tier "works" such as Ender's Game
I hate when shit like this gets popular because I can never tell if its disturbing or just as much of a brain rot as watching the newest FotM anime
>>
>>7519845
that list is actually not even bad nice
>>
>>7519850
Ender's Game is an objectively terrible book which contributed to the infantilization of many Americans. Luckily, it's not very popular outside of the US.

It's the ultimate wish fulfillment - the loser kid (you) is actually the savior of mankind and the Best Thing Everâ„¢. If you can't self-insert yourself into that, there are still the Super Genius siblings who save earth's politics with their super-smart Tumblr blog. Everybody who's a shit finds their mirror in this book, and can justify to themselves to stay a shit.
>>
File: pleb.png (54 KB, 210x180) Image search: [Google]
pleb.png
54 KB, 210x180
>>7519863
>caring about plot
>not dismissing it on the grounds that card can't write to save his life

we can tell you're a pleb btw
>>
>>7519870
Hold on, you seem to imply that the book is popular due to its quality of writing?

Dismissing it due to its quality of writing is like dismissing Disneyland due to its system of water drainage - that's not why people like it.

using "we" doesn't make your shit opinion more valid
>>
File: ideology.png (504 KB, 454x600) Image search: [Google]
ideology.png
504 KB, 454x600
>>7519881
>you seem to imply that the book is popular due to its quality of writing?

i refuse to believe that's what you think i wrote. no one is this detached from reality. be disingenuous somewhere else.
>>
>>7519894
Nice avoiding of any discussion, you must be a hoot in real life

btw adding meme pics to your useless posts doesn't add anything of value
>>
>>7519874
hard to disagree with the picks either way
>>
>>7519845
Honestly the first good list I've seen. I'd swap out 1984 for V., though, and put, idk, 'To the Lighthouse' maybe? in place of 'What We Talk About...'
>>
>>7519863
well I mean I read it in middle school and the only thing I got out of it is the scene where they're watching dicks and balls on a computer or something
>>
File: thisguy.jpg (44 KB, 776x602) Image search: [Google]
thisguy.jpg
44 KB, 776x602
>>7519899
>Nice avoiding of any discussion

did you think i called you a pleb to start a conversation with you? are you lonely or an autist?

>btw adding meme pics to your useless posts doesn't add anything of value
>hurr durr don't post images in the imageboard
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.