[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
opinion on atwood?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: MargaretAtwood.jpg (272 KB, 1280x887) Image search: [Google]
MargaretAtwood.jpg
272 KB, 1280x887
opinion on atwood?
>>
>>7518341
Woman, a non-person twiddling on about republicans.
>>
>>7518341
I only read The Blind Assassin and was hugely underwhelmed by it, but at some point I'm going to give her another try with The Handmaid's Tale. Always looks kind of intense and highly strung to me- her face is all angles.
>>
>>7518341
would bang
>>
Great storytelling, shit worldbuilding.
>>
>>7518577
>the exact opposite of most famous sci-fi and fantasy authors
Intredasting.
>>
>>7518587
I kninda hate her for her position on "speculative fiction" ("I don't write sci-fi, my books are actually good!")

That said she had some pretty rad ideas when she was younger ("Survival" makes a compelling argument even if it's easilly debunjed).
>>
>You don't like Atwood? How could you! She's Canadian!

Ugh.
>>
Her books are full of kekoldry.
>>
>>7518341
confused thoughts
like her prose
dont actually like what Im reading, think its silly
>>
She is a really pleasant person and when you consider what works the future will read from our era, it's probably better her than most meme authors.

Annie Proulx is also good and a really bitter interviewee: http://www.theparisreview.org/interviews/5901/the-art-of-fiction-no-199-annie-proulx
>>
>>7518341
She writes science fiction of the lowest order: she takes current minor trends and features of society and cranks them up to eleven, and then laments at us how terrible the world would be that way. Also, if you think she is good at writing prose, I'd encourage you to develop higher standards.
>>
She looks nice!
>>
Not a fan of her books, but her poetry anthology was kill.
>>
Had to read a bit of her in Canadian school.

Really terrible shit. A product of the government culture machine here which only rewards super safe no taste mom writing.
>>
File: trash (2).png (57 KB, 802x1197) Image search: [Google]
trash (2).png
57 KB, 802x1197
>>7518341
>feminist
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.