[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite Kurt Vonnegut book? I'm reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 9593.jpg (20 KB, 312x475) Image search: [Google]
9593.jpg
20 KB, 312x475
What's your favorite Kurt Vonnegut book?

I'm reading Galapagos right now, but I'd say it's one of my least favorite so far that I've read. Mother Night and Cat's Cradle are my favorite of his, and Mother Night.
>>
>>7517374
*and Mother Night seems pretty different for Kurt Vonnegut; not as silly or whimsical as his other stuff.
>>
>>7517374
i'm half way through cat's cradle at the moment. really enjoying it. maybe i should start finding my karass
>>
>>7517385
That's all anyone could hope for.
>>
Bluebeard is criminally underrated
>>
How is Timequake? Galapagos sounded interesting but so far the concept is kind only just a concept that Kurt keeps wrapping small jokes around so I'm worried about later-KV scifi concepts.

It's not Sirens of Titan for sure.
>>
>>7517374
Really? I'd say cat's cradle is my favorite, closely followed by BoC, but I really liked galapagos. Not as quick paced or plot centric as the others, but really enjoyable
>>
>>7517547
I'm definitely having fun with it, and I'm not done yet so maybe BOOK 2: THE THING BECAME may help out my impression of it. It's a really interesting way to tell a story which I think I like most about it.
>>
>>7517374
Sirens of Titan, the ending made me cry desu senpai
Love the short stories in The Monkey House too
>>
>unuronically discussing vonneshit

Pls just go back to reddit
>>
>>7517576
Hey he's fun to read, we don't think he's like some sort of god but his books are entertaining and can hold interest
Fuck off shitknight
>>
I haven't finished it, but I like Breakfast of Champions.
>>
>>7517583
>>7517583
>fun
>entertaining

Ah yes the foolproof method of detecting someone with nothing to say: resorting to "fun" as a defense.

Reddit pls go
>>
>>7517592
>taking the bait
>>
>>7517576
>>7517583
>>7517592
>>7517598

Samefag
>>
>>7517609
Correct

Look at the IP count of the thread
>>
>>7517621
Samefag (again)
>>
>>7517621
It can't be said that he's all of those, but it can be said that there is someone samefagging in here...
>>
>>7517583
Fun is just a buzzword you use when you can't think of any reasons on why a book is good, don't use it.
>>
>>7517374
>What's your favorite Kurt Vonnegut book?
The one in which he was in the bombing of Dresden.
Oh wait, that's all of them.
>>
>>7517661
What the fuck are you talking about

Slaughterhouse is best though
>>
>>7517733
>I only read one vonnegut book

Reddit pls go
>>
Galapagos is my least favorite. I like Deadeye Dick, Mother Night, Cat's Cradle, and Breakfast of Champions pretty much equally. Slaughterhouse Five is great but I don't like it quite as much. Sirens of Titan and God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater are equal with Slaughterhouse Five to me. Timequake! is up there as well. A Man Without a Country is great, pretty funny and a very quick read. Galapagos just sucks. I have Jailbird as well but I've yet to read it.
>>
>>7517374
Galapagos is my least favorite besides Breakfast of Champions but I also think it has his most interesting narrator.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.