[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Russian /lit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: Rec.jpg (1 MB, 1364x3391) Image search: [Google]
Rec.jpg
1 MB, 1364x3391
Does anyone have the Russian Literature Download from the wiki? The anonfiles link is dead.

Also, Russian literature tends to be quite dark, but you rarely hear people complain about "forced drama" or "edginess". What determines if 'darker' themes are well established in a book?
>>
>>7515919
Another bump
>>
>>7515919
Where's Pushkin? He influenced all of those writers.
>>
Russian literature as well as Russia itself are truly disgusting!
>>
>> What determines if 'darker' themes are well established in a book?

I think most of the books that get called "edgy" are books where the dark material doesn't have a clear purpose.
>>
>>7516156
Alexander Pushkin - The Collected Stories

It's in the chart dumb dumb
>>
The Gulag Archipelago by Solzhenitsyn is supposed to be a good read. Its on my list.
>>
where the fuck is Eugene Onegin you fucking plebs
>>
>>7516206
his prose fiction is even more mediocre than gogol's. pushkin is only notable for his poetry. as is lermontov.
why is this board filled with prose plebs.
>>
>no Merezhkovsky
>>
>>7516254
Lol seriously, holy fuckkkk

>Uh... we have Pushkin, we have collected stories!!
Fuckkkk this is why I don't use this for book recommendations. You'd ask to read Tolstoy's most famous work and they'll tell you to read Resurrection, or say if you MUST read Thomas Pynchon then at least read Vineland lololol
>>
>>7515919
I'm reading the Karamazov Brothers right now, first time reading any Russian lit, and it's fucking gr8 m8 lovin it
>>
>>7516254
most people here don't speak russian (inb4 pleb) so there's no point in reading it. i'm sure it's great but
>>
>>7516551
the translations in themselves are a work of art

try comparing Nabokov's and the Oxford translations

ffs if you're going to stay a monoglot pleb at least make an effort
>>
>>7516560
>translations

might as well read the wiki
>>
>>7516568
>hurr durr kjv has no value because muh hebrew

you fell for a meme, monoglot
>>
>>7516277
>translated poetry
and I'm not going to learn Russian
>>
>>7515919

I'm not sure whether the two contain the same works, but this link has been posted a couple times recently:
>http://www.mediafire.com/?a5q2tk59ocxc5bw
>>
>>7516568
Can you fuck off? This is the third thread I see you spouting the same bullshit in.
>>
>>7516986
>third
Hello, newfriend. I suggest you hold on to your posting urges for a little while
>>
>>7516384
>>7516254
it's a noted phenomenon that pushkin in translation is really shit and amateurish
>>
>>7516972
Thanks mate.
>>
>>7516228
It's all capitalist propaganda written without proper source material. William Randolph Hearst created the myth of Soviet famines and all the rest. He was a Nazi sympathizer and to discredit the USSR was on the German agenda.

Might as well read a 9/11-truth book. It's THAT stupid.
>>
>>7516201
What defines a clear purpose? "Life sucks and then you die" is just as much of a statement as anything else.
>>
File: 1451347474685.gif (3 MB, 350x335) Image search: [Google]
1451347474685.gif
3 MB, 350x335
>>7517795
stalin get out
>>
>>7517858
Truth hurts?
>>
>>7516986
He's being an asshole, but I agree with the main idea.
As a Spanish reader, I wouldn't accept any translation of Borges, Cortázar or Bodoc
As an English reader, I woundn't consider any translation of Pratchett, Palahniuk or Poe.
As an Italian reader, I could only get "Mondo Emerso" that's a shitload of Mary Sue, despicable and laugthable. I don't like Calvino, and now I''m about to start Il pendolo di FOucault to redeem myself. Dante is awesome, but it's as much modern Italian as Shakespeare is modern English.
>>
>>7515919
Hey! No Liukanenko!
Modenr fantasy and bestsellerish as fuck, but worth reading.
Guardians of the {Night|Day|Twilight|Whatever]:
Nochonov Dozor, methinks is the original title.
There's a movie. Don't.
>>
>>7516532
It is an incredible book. Too bad you didn't read some of Dosto's earlier works. The Brothers is almost like his shitty but wonderfully written answer to the rest of his annoying unanswerable questions.
>>
So nice to see life and fate on here. Best novel RU.
>>
I'm reading notes from the underground right now, some of the passages I really struggle understanding. I must just be an active man

>tfw to dumb to be a mouse
>>
>>7515919
>They think reading translations of Russian literature constitutes as reading them.
fucking lol, at best you've read English literature with those translations
>>
>>7520321
le patrician face xd
>>
>>7520334
Nah I'm just stating a fact. For [insert language] lit you need to read it in its original language. Else you are reading the translator's language of choice and his prose.
>>
>>7516277
>Gogol's prose
>mediocore
Kill yourself
>>
>>7520339
just curious, what languages do you speak?

>tfw now aware i haven't actually read any kafka
>>
>>7520350
Spanish, German, English, Japanese and France. I haven't read any Russian literature either, I've just read someone's 2bit translations
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.