[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELLO. COULD ANYONE TELL ME WHAT ARE ALL THE ALLEGED SOURCES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: ADLHD LONGHAIR CROP.gif (6 KB, 139x210) Image search: [Google]
ADLHD LONGHAIR CROP.gif
6 KB, 139x210
HELLO.

COULD ANYONE TELL ME WHAT ARE ALL THE ALLEGED SOURCES FOR HERACLITUS’ “FRAGMENTS” OF “ON NATURE”?

WHAT OTHER ALLEGED SOURCES FOR HERACLITUS’ LIFE ARE THERE IN EXISTENCE, BESIDE “LIVES AND OPINIONS OF EMINENT PHILOSOPHERS” BY DIOGENES LAËRTIUS?
>>
rei?
>>
I'd say but I'm with the lads. Just don't trust the penguin edition as it mistranslates and is shit. Try to find a copy of the Oxford First Philosophers or LOEB as they will give sources using proper numbering and use good translations unlike Penguin.

P.S I am slightly drunk so my post may be sloppy in quality.
>>
>>7514930

YOU DID NOT EVEN COMPREHENDED MY QUESTIONS.

DO NOT RESPOND IF YOU CANNOT EVEN COMPREHEND WHAT YOU READ.
>>
>>7514946
>"YOU DID NOT EVEN COMPREHENDED MY QUESTIONS."

OBVIOUSLY, I MEAN: "YOU DID NOT EVEN COMPREHEND MY QUESTIONS."
>>
>>7514946
I have access to the knowledge of the sources, but not immediately. But if you want to find them, rely upon Oxford or LOEB editions, rather than Penguins as the translator is a poop.

Also, if you are so incompetent you cannot find a source for Heraclitus, then you are a pleb.
>>
Plato. Strabo.

Stobaeus though he's not as autistic as DL and might be slightly later.
>>
File: AREIZOO 100x100.gif (11 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
AREIZOO 100x100.gif
11 KB, 100x100
HELLO?
>>
>>7515060
Theaetetus you plebeian.
>>
File: AREIZOO.gif (33 KB, 296x289) Image search: [Google]
AREIZOO.gif
33 KB, 296x289
>>7515096

"THAETETUS" WHAT?

TO WHICH OF MY QUESTIONS ARE YOU RESPONDING?

EVEN IF YOU WERE RESPONDING TO ONE OF MY QUESTIONS, THAT ALONE IS ONLY A PARTIAL ANSWER, BECAUSE I DOUBT THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE SOURCE FOR THE "FRAGMENTS" OF "ON NATURE", OR ONLY ONE OTHER SOURCE FOR HERACLITUS' LIFE BESIDE DIOGENES LAËRTIUS.

IF YOU WILL NOT ANSWER PROPERLY, DO NOT RESPOND AT ALL; THIS IS ADDRESSED TO ALL.
>>
>>7515118
Like I give a shit lmao
>>
>>7515118
man, you're never going to understand herakleitos and reading kratylos will just make you mad. you don't want an answer; it would be anathema to your best self.
>>
>>7515151

YOU ARE A MORON, AND YOUR RESPONSE IS NONSEQUITEURIAL.
>>
>>7515172
pls it's the work of an artist; don't make me make you mad with kratylos
>>
File: 1428695085608.jpg (182 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1428695085608.jpg
182 KB, 1280x720
Posting in a Koz thread
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.