[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the best book that came out this year? Do any of you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1451302482916.jpg (15 KB, 309x346) Image search: [Google]
1451302482916.jpg
15 KB, 309x346
What was the best book that came out this year? Do any of you guys have a "boty" list or something along those lines?
>>
>>7513930
/lit/ doesn't fall for the artificial demand meme.

We are not sheeple chasing after the BEST NEW NOVEL(TY).

sorry, /mu/, you guys have shit taste and keep pitchfork alive
>>
Soumission or so I've heardI'll get around to it eventually, I promise
>>
My diary, tbqh
>>
UNDER THE VOLCANO

Substitute alcohol with opiates, and the consul's me.
>>
>>7513937
Geez. Ok then, but there I absolutely nothing that came out this year that you really enjoy or is it that you only read muh classics?
>>
File: quotegoodendquotereads.jpg (614 KB, 977x2185) Image search: [Google]
quotegoodendquotereads.jpg
614 KB, 977x2185
>>
Submission. People were just dying over this novel.
>>
A Brief History of Seven Killings, James
City on Fire, Hallberg
Satin Island, McCarthy
Soumission, Houellebecq
Boussole, Énard
>>
>>7513970
Nice.

I wanna read the Marlon James.
>>
File: what-you-did-there.jpg (18 KB, 650x406) Image search: [Google]
what-you-did-there.jpg
18 KB, 650x406
>>7513969
>>
>>7513972
>>7513970
Last year, doesn't count
>>
>>7513967
>Non-fiction

They are all quite awful however the idea that the general consesus of 3 million people that best non-fiction book of the year was written by Aziz Ansari either means a shit year for books or a regular year for taste.
>>
>>7513972
It's right up there with Libra, American Tabloid and The Feast of the Goat in my opinion.
>>
Up until now I just read a single book that came out 2015, which was The Harder They Come by Boyle. Which was a great one.
>>
>>7513991
Aww yes. I'm excited. I loved Libra and those other two sound great.
>>
>>7513980
Holy shit that hurts my very essence. His humor isn't even good. Goodreads' whole best of 2015 list just plain hurts.

Screw writing shitty smut books for money, feminism is apparently where the money is at.
>>
>>7513937
The thing is that reading a book demands more time and comprehension than listening to a shitty hip-hop album, that's why.
>>
>>7514041
of course
>>
>Reading contemporary literature
Why would you do this to yourself?
>>
>>7513955
That came out in 1947.
>>
The Dying Grass - Vollmann
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.