[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many pages is it optimal to read per day? If I read to little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
How many pages is it optimal to read per day?

If I read to little I can probably get off a lot more.

Somewhere along the way though, my mind starts loosening up and the next day, in retrospect, I realize I've not absorbed so much of the latter pages.

I can probably find out my limit through painful observation but until then:

What's the average amount of pages per day that are solid on a university schedule (say I have 6 hours of disposable time a day).

Pic unrelated
>>
I hate when people post unrelated pictures of hot girls on this board. This is /lit/, not /b/. Have an ounce of class and sophistication, please.
>>
For me i go 45 minutes then have a 15-minute break, and back again. This is for non-fiction schoolwork, and i will usually be done for the day after 3-4 hours.

With fiction i can pretty much read indefinitely. I don't really think much of the time or number of pages, but on average i think i will read like one or two blocks of an hour and a half a day
>>
>>7513660
>asking for class and sophistication on an anime site designed for pre teens

Maybe you should go back to Reddit...
>>
>>7513652
I don't think there is an optimal amount. Different books require a different pace. If it's becoming tiring to read, put down your book and do something else. Read because you enjoy reading, not because you want to have a fancy bookshelf full of books you sprinted through so that you can show off on the internet.
>>
>>7513663
>>7513663
>>7513663
Ha. I'm guessing you haven't spent much time on /lit/, have you?
How about this: >>>/b/
>>
>>7513660
Latex is sophisticated, Anon.
>>7513662
While I myself put limits to putting some minimal effort, I'd rather OP just read things they have some personal investment in, I think the first goal to a healthy reading is learning to become able to "lose yourself" or track of time, then you can delve into more demanding or technical books once you build a love for reading and a knack at retaining all relevant information.

You can add or disregard the idea, I'm just putting it out.
>>
>>7513652
Exactly 63'7 pages a day, regardless of font size
>>
>>7513667
>implying lit is any better than the other boards here because shitposters pretend to read

How about this 6
>>
File: 1439567479312.png (386 KB, 519x533) Image search: [Google]
1439567479312.png
386 KB, 519x533
>>7513660
>>
>>7513668
When i'm reading fiction in my sparetime, i rarely think of reading a minimum, and often do "lose" myself. It's when reading academia that i force myself in to a schedule.

Funnily enough, when i started reading fiction, i almost forced myself to read. It really took awhile for me to start enjoying it, ofcourse it wasn't always a struggle but i was defininetly not enjoying it as much as i do now.

So i guess i disagree with you. Unless you want to start out reading YA fiction, with which it ofcourse is very easy to "lose yourself", i recommend having some sort of a schedule, or plan
>>
>>7513665
>If it's becoming tiring to read, put down your book

Please reread my OP and pay additional attention to what I said.
>>
I should mention I exclusively read Philosophy and Non-Fiction, mainly the former.

Fiction never felt nice to me, I always thought I might as well have seen a movie or something for the same amount of enjoyment in lesser time.

I just don't think the payout of fiction is very high.
>>
>>7513660
>Have an ounce of class and sophistication, please.

But she's so hot.
I hope you're a lady and/or gay because if you aren't you clearly and letting yourself enjoy yourself.
>>
>>7513699
>I can probably find out my limit through painful observation
Okay.
>>
>>7513706
>and letting
aren't
>>
>>7513707
What was wrong with that exactly?

Would: I can probably find my limit through painful observation if I try

Work better?

I'm guessing I used "find out" wrong?
>>
>>7513716
Nothing is wrong with what you wrote, I don't see a reason to read more than you can tolerate to do so. I got a vibe from your post that you're reading for the sake of saying that you've read. Overall, I'm just trying to stress that reading, both academically and for pleasure, shouldn't be a race to jam as much reading in as you can into a single day.

If that's not the case, then so be it. There's no reason to bicker over this.
>>
>>7513733
Alright, I can go with that.

How would you say I can get more pleasure from reading?
>>
>>7513652
What kind of lonely fuck has pretty latex women as a wallpaper?
>>
>>7513744
It's just a matter of reading what you enjoy reading. It'll become easier with time, and reading stuff for school will follow suit.

Your brain is a muscle (not literally), etc. You're not supposed to over train yourself when you work out.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.