[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>In a single, fateful word, they are les misérables. Oh Hugo...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: kisho.jpg (95 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
kisho.jpg
95 KB, 500x350
>In a single, fateful word, they are les misérables.
Oh Hugo...
>>
>THEAETETUS:

Plato you hack
>>
>I've seen them! the game-players of Titan!
>>
"The auctioneer cleared his throat. Oedipa settled back, to await the crying of lot 49."

Disgusting. I don't know what you people see in him.
>>
"Hamlet-"

Wow, king of writers, huh guys?
>>
>finally, after all these years I've become Mao II

Wtf?
>>
> "Oh sorry,did I step on your The Stranger?"

Wow
>>
>Stoner

fuck this guy
>>
File: 1443904426747.jpg (76 KB, 653x590) Image search: [Google]
1443904426747.jpg
76 KB, 653x590
>I've done the Crime And Punishment I shall face

Jesus Christ, really Fyodor?
>>
Please go back to /tv/
I don't like when every board has the same style of shitposting
>>
>After it all, David finally realised, that with the constant jokes and humour, that his life had become an Infinite Jest
>>
'Holy crap these pills are freaky', mumbled Helmholtz, 'we truly live in brave new world'

Into the trash.
>>
> One morning, when Gregor Samsa woke from troubled dreams, he found himself transformed in his bed into a horrible vermin by Metamorphosis.

Kafka, stop.
>>
>After all was said and done I couldn't help but laugh, for it was truly a Divine Comedy.

BRAVO DANTE
>>
File: Juvénal_Habyarimana_(1980).jpg (335 KB, 916x1287) Image search: [Google]
Juvénal_Habyarimana_(1980).jpg
335 KB, 916x1287
>And that is why Atlas Shrugged
Really, Ayn?
>>
>"A rabbit hutch? Yeah. That would be nice. But you know what they say about the best laid schemes Of Mice and Men, Lenny."

>I pulled the trigger. The birds flew. I walked away.

>American literature
>>
>And he stayed up until 4AM on a school night playing The Game of Thrones
>>
File: 1443320742340.png (374 KB, 598x370) Image search: [Google]
1443320742340.png
374 KB, 598x370
>How many cathes are there?
>22
Really Joseph?
>>
>I am an invisible man
Did anyone else shoot their copy of IM with a bow after they read this line? Just me?
>>
>>7513098
That's two words though.
>>
>And that concludes the Critique of pure reason

Jesus, Kant
>>
>>7513098
>"Finally, after all these years, I, Robot"
I threw the book right into a trash can
>>
>Truly, I have been through an Odyssey

Abhorrent.
>>
File: 43612264.png (336 KB, 581x406) Image search: [Google]
43612264.png
336 KB, 581x406
I wonder how many of these /v/isitors realize Les Mis actually does contain that exact line, it's not just shitposting.
>>
>>7515122
It was written in french and does not contain that exact line. It's hardly Hugo's fault it sounds so shitty when poorly translated.
>>
File: mondieu.jpg (60 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
mondieu.jpg
60 KB, 400x533
>>7515512
>dans un seul mot, mot fatal, les misérables
>>7515122 ShitpostingPlus
>>
>>7515512
also, OP is widely considered the best translation there is of the book, I did my research&development.
ShitpostingPlus™ bitch
>>
>dic·tion·ar·y
>dikSHəˌnerē/
>noun: dictionary; plural noun: dictionaries
>a book or electronic resource that lists the words of a language (typically in alphabetical order) and gives their meaning, or gives the equivalent words in a different language, often also providing information about pronunciation, origin, and usage.

Fucking Dropped.
>>
>>7515512
There's not much lost in translation tbqh.

>>7515569
In an alone word, fatal word, les misérables.
>>
>>7513098
Is that kyaru pamyu pamyu?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.