[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which alcohol agrees best with the literary lifestyle?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9
Which alcohol agrees best with the literary lifestyle?
>>
Absinthe.
>>
>>7512722
Alcohol gives me chest pain
>>
>>7512722
I prefer vodka but tbqh its because I'm also a /fit/izen and try my best to keep my calories in check even when I want to get shitfaced.
>>
Choosing an alcohol based on how it reflects on your literary lifestyle is unbelievably pretentious. That might not be directly what you're asking, but it's how this thread is gonna devolve.
>>
>>7512752
I drink alcohol for the image it evokes. With that in mind, I only buy alcohol that comes packaged attractively. Nothing too gaudy.
>>
>>7512760
Get some motherfucking absinthe:

>drink that shit like it was water
>get nicefaced
>have epiphany
>get a fresh literally revelation from the green fairy
>???
>profit
>>
>>7512760
I definitely wasn't suggesting you exclusively drink natty light or anything, just that you make your alcohol choices based on what agrees with YOU, not what presents the best image. The alcohol that best agrees with the literary lifestyle is going to be really personal, but it's probably not the best alcohol to affect a literary lifestyle.
>>
>>7512771
If you do that you're just going to wake up with a hangover and find that you've reinvented the Symboliste movement.
>>
>>7512760

>I only buy alcohol that comes packaged attractively. Nothing too gaudy.

stop being such a prissy little yuppie faggot
>>
>>7512722
PBR you hipster
>>
>>7512866
You sound like the type that's overly concerned with not appearing snobbish. Keep enjoying that Maxwell House and light beer, friend.
>>
Red wine and whiskey.

Which happen to be my drinks of choice, along with a nice IPA or amber.
>>
>>7512875

>defending snobbishness over what type of consumerist packaging you prefer

enjoy your hollow vacuity, yuppie
>>
>>7512905

Whisky, gin and pleasantly hopped beers

What sort of whisky? I've been really enjoying Glendronach 15 lately, usually I'm more of an Islay drinker though
>>
>>7512722
Gin, Scotch.
>>
>>7512912

Speyside man myself. Glenfiddich and Macallan.

Care to give some tasting notes on the 15 you have?
>>
green apple sourpuss mixed with equal parts smirnoff vodka
>>
probably wine. but that's expensive. alcohol in general is. how do poor people become alcoholics
>>
Mostly gin, on the rocks. But I've been drinking more bourbon ever since I got a decanter.

Drinking absinth is probably the most literary thing to do, or smoky scotch.
>>
Just smoke weed and write, man.
>>
>>7512722
Depends on when you write.

White wine or gin cocktails before dinner.

Red or white wine with dinner (or a cooked lunch.)

Whiskey or brandy after dinner.

Vodka's too utilitarian. May as well shoot up with medical alcohol.

Beer can be savoured, but is a lousy aperitif (too filling,) murders digestion if drunk with food, and is too weak to drink as a digestif.
It is basically only good for filling an empty stomach and making you dopey and sleepy; if you eat well, the first is unnecessary, and if you are /lit/, the second is counterproductive.
>>
>>7512722

Laudanum.
>>
A strong mead works well with a good book.
>>
>>7512722
Rakia for that grim east european experience
>>
>>7513196
but vodka doesn't have the congeners of brown liquor that give you a nasty hangover. whisky is for tryhards
>>
>>7513214
Still don't get it. Probably because I don't drink to get drunk.
>>
>>7513196
Confirmed for knowing nothing about beer.

>>7512722
Pils und Schnaps.
>>
>>7513289
Confirmed for having nothing to say about beer?
>>
>>7512722
water
>>
A good hearty ale or bitter, coupled with a steak pie and strong cheese -- the literary meal.
>>
>>7513295
Sittung under chestnut trees, drinking a cooled Dunkles. Bumping your tankards with friends and watching the cats crawl beneath the benches, a river flowing by, Weizen flowing down - Aaaahhh, as time stands still, rays of sun and breezes soft, chase each other and summer is forever. A bell strikes, a monk walks by and you hear the joyful chatter: "No a spezi kanndsd ma bringa!"
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 600x600
Sipping a non-shit tier bourbon
>>
File: Dinner.jpg (717 KB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
Dinner.jpg
717 KB, 3264x1840
This tbqh
>>
>>7512722
Hot toddies, with rum.
>>
>>7513198
Are you memeing or for reals

You make your own? Recipe?
>>
>>7512722
Scotch
>>
What's a good brand of absinth?
>>
>>7514233
Unless you're going to do the ritual, there's no need for fancy booze: get yourself any bottle of absinthe that have 89.9% of alcohol and, of course, a decent amount o thujone. Then, just do it, fagit.
>>
>Drinking alcohol
Pleb as fuck
>>
>>7512722
Wild Turkey 101.
>>
>>7512722
Anything that has alcohol in it and is stomachable. If it isn't then mix the alcohol in a substance that is ie coke.
>>
White russian master race reporting in.
>>
File: 1328625767599qw.png (11 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1328625767599qw.png
11 KB, 645x773
Gin and pineapple juice of course, famiglia
>>
File: deleuze-parnet1.jpg (1019 KB, 1158x1819) Image search: [Google]
deleuze-parnet1.jpg
1019 KB, 1158x1819
a writer should be like a body without organs. Limiting it to some kind of identity who drinks alcohol is only limiting yourself. Break free of those misconceptions
>>
>>7514651
Is it worth reading delulz if you are a hegal person>?
>>
>>7514664
If you like Hegel you would probably like Deleuze. He might be closer to Spinoza and Kant than Hegel though
>>
>>7514634
I don't drink but when I did this was my favorite
>>
Any absinthe recommendations?
>>
AGUARDIENTE HIJUEPUTAS
>>
>>7514796
just start with some pernod lad
>>
>>7514806
Cachaça, filho da puta :^)
>>
>>7512722
gin and tonic
>>
>>7515292
Neat Irish whiskey.
>>
>>7515423
Well, what's a neat brand?
>>
File: caipirinha-cocktail.jpg (33 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
caipirinha-cocktail.jpg
33 KB, 400x300
>>7515279
Caipirinha é melhor ainda
>>
>>7516665
Speak English, padre.
>>
>Turn of the century American non-fiction

>Brandy
>>
>>7513121
By wasting all of their money on booze
>>
>>7513121
Plastic bottle well vodka, you uppity nigger.
>>
coffee with baileys

im a pleb
>>
>>7512722
ethanol
>>
>>7512722
WINE
I
N
E
cheap of course
>>
>>7517512
Desconsidere este puto, meu caro >>7516665; caipirinha é, e sempre será, a bebida do macho sofisticado por excelência.
>>
>>7517755
>puto
What the FUCK did you say?
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.