[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he the only patrician booktuber? https://www.youtube.com/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 18
Is he the only patrician booktuber?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ov1lHKeukg
>>
Kind of sad if he is.
>>
>>7512338
Why? I think he's pretty good.
>>
his sophomoric pauses make me gag
>>
File: 2001-anime.png (202 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
2001-anime.png
202 KB, 600x600
>>7512331
That's the first booktuber I actually enjoy. And I didn't know him. Thanks for introducing me to this guy.
>>
File: sammyncharls.jpg (41 KB, 412x306) Image search: [Google]
sammyncharls.jpg
41 KB, 412x306
Samuel Hyde and the Million Dollar Extremes™
>>
>>7512331
based cliff is our savior
>>
File: EdRicketts.jpg (16 KB, 220x308) Image search: [Google]
EdRicketts.jpg
16 KB, 220x308
He looks like Ed Ricketts, the real "Doc" in Steinbeck's novels.
>>
>>7512331
He is handsome
>>
I've been following his stuff for a while, he's good.
>>
>patrician
>booktuber
>>
>>7512331
Definitely not bad, but anyone who says Houellebecq is their favorite writer is by no means a patrician.

Also
> reading novels in translation
>>
>>7512331

>booktuber
>patrician

Pick one.
>>
>not having oxford girl's videos playing on a loop as your desktop image
>>
File: Michel-Houellebecq-009.jpg (841 KB, 2060x1236) Image search: [Google]
Michel-Houellebecq-009.jpg
841 KB, 2060x1236
At 1:38 he literally says:

>"The truth is Michel Houellebecq is the greatest critic of Western Culture that I have yet to come across. (insert look at camera, dramatic pause) He's one of the only writers I've found to actually take the notions of Love and Sex and tried to determine whether or not they're actually good things. He takes them very seriously. As they should be taken."

*pic related*

I mean...are love and sex actually good things?

>Genius

Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>7513924
Welp.

Tell him to read Macintyre and Aristotle.
>>
>>7513583
Knew they were patricians,
>>
>>7513924

I think in the context it refers to the liberated sexuality and free love that came after the hippie-acid-fuckfest half a century ago.

Makes it less retarded - by no means genius, but less retarded.
>>
>>7512331
There is just something so arrogant and pretentious about him.
>>
>>7513986

In the context I was referring to, it was the sheer idiocy of the thought that he's the first writer or "critic of western culture" to decry the notion of liberated sexuality and free love.

That's been done. A billion times before. For millenia. I think I might have even dismissed it if he didn't have such an obnoxious and elitist attitude in his presentation like >>7513989 describes.

I'm watching a couple other videos of his and they're even worse.

Then again, it's a big problem I have with a lot of people here as well as in any literati-esque group in real life.
>>
>>7512331
You're not totally shit, but stop spamming your channel m8.
>>
>>7513827
Houellebecq is at least aware of being just a sad, pathetic product of his times, unlike many other contemporary authors bent on proving that they're some kind of authority on all issues.
>>
>>7514182

>Houellebecq is at least aware of being just a sad, pathetic product of his times, unlike many other contemporary authors bent on proving that they're some kind of authority on all issues.
>Houellebecq is at least aware of being just sad and pathetic.

FTFY.
>>
>>7514238
If that makes you happy, then ok, but I see nothing wrong with my statement. Yeah, he writes the same book every 5 years, looks like a limp-wristed, homeless faggot and is perhaps unfairly hyped as a defining author of his generation. So what? I still enjoy his books, his jaded cynicism, the inert rage.
>>
>>7514274

>I see nothing wrong with my statement.

I don't give a shit about your statement because you like Houellebecq. You and Houellebecq are certainly not patrician, in any way, shape, or form.

>Yeah, he writes the same book every 5 years, looks like a limp-wristed, homeless faggot and is perhaps unfairly hyped as a defining author of his generation. So what? I still enjoy his books, his jaded cynicism, the inert rage.

You could have just said "He's French."

>If that makes you happy, then ok
>unlike many other contemporary authors bent on proving that they're some kind of authority on all issues.

What author doesn't try to do that? At least, of authors who attempt greatness? Houellebecq? No. Houellebecq doesn't think he's some kind of authority on all issues? Bullshit. He's just trying to prove he's some kind of authority in a different way.

You're doing the same thing. We all are. Everyone here. Everyone, every day.

I choose not to wallow in my own misery and arrogance that I'm better because someone as embarassing to himself as Houellebecq is, thinks they understand what it means to be sad and pathetic. And how sad and pathetic becomes patrician is beyond me.

Houellebecq is embarassing, disgusting, and gross. Jesus Christ, man, have some class. Have a modicum of pride in yourself. Take a shower. Do your laundry. Put down the cigarettes every now and then (I'm not saying quit, I'm saying breath some unfiltered air every once in a while.) Try and get laid by someone other than a cheap hooker in one of the countless slums around Paris.

Houellebecq is the French Bukowski, and the last thing either of them are is patrician.
>>
>>7514182
I agree and I don't dislike Houellebecq. Just saying he's not the patrician choice for "muh favsies."
>>
>>7514387
>Jesus Christ, man, have some class. Have a modicum of pride in yourself. Take a shower. Do your laundry. Put down the cigarettes every now and then (I'm not saying quit, I'm saying breath some unfiltered air every once in a while.) Try and get laid by someone other than a cheap hooker in one of the countless slums around Paris.
I wanted to make a sincere reply, but you seem to project too much, so I won't bother.
>>
>>7512331
I don't know anymore, but ever since he moved to LA I've been fighting every urge to find him and enjoy the caves of his body.
>>
>>7514415

>you seem to project too much, so I won't bother.

And there it is. The classic misdirection of someone who's finally realized they're wrong.
>>
He's pretty awesome desu I like his taste in books and movies
>>
>>7513827
Favorite living writer m8.
>>
>>7512331

You didn't really think about the premise of that clone book you were talking about. I don't see how being able to clone yourself erases tragedy and all that other shit from the human experience.

Paper-thin analysis is not patrician.
>>
>>7514532
I'm just trying to find other booktubers man. No one else has suggested any.
>>
>>7514525
There are better living writers than Houellebecq (and they're not necessarily popular/well-known on /lit/, nor are they necessarily writing in English)
>>
>>7514538

again:

>booktuber
>patrician

pick one.
>>
>>7514538

Why don't you become one?
>>
>>7514551
I'm still working my way up to read Ulysses. I'm in no way ready to tackle something like this.

>>7514546
As someone who can only read English, can you recommend a few that are worth reading? Fuck that Tao Lin dude, he's just a memey drug addict.
>>
Lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sgk0pxmx2o
>>
>>7514582
He seems to have alot of /pol/ aligned values despite being attractive

If the whole spiel about a bunch of people following Islam being dangerous didn't set off a red flag, this video would.

He's right though.
>>
>>7514589
/pol/ is right.
>>
>>7514589
He alos doesn't know the difference between copyright and trademakr ugh what an uneducated dipshit
>>
>>7514592
/lit/ is left.
>>
>>7514599
/lit/ is on 4chan, so it's centre-right at best m8
>>
>>7514599
I'm left but I hate a good chunk of the left
>>
>>7514601
/lit/ is ideologically diverse
>>
>>7514153
this. His choice of reading material is 100% 4chan-core. Too obvious.
>>
>>7512331
ITT: guess his fetishes. I feel like he'd be really into daddy dom/spanking shit for some reason
>>
>>7514689
The Deaf Grapes obsession tipped it off for me honestly
>>
>>7514599
/lit/ is now just 2edgy reddit, just like all of 4chan post 2014.
>>
>>7514692
That would be great. I want to see that.
>>
HEY BETTER THAN FOOD MAN, IF UR READIN TH IS THREAD (AND I KNOW U ARE), GET A FUCKING TRIP ALREADY FAGGET
>>
>>7514692
'no'
>>
File: 1422057677828.jpg (8 KB, 150x144) Image search: [Google]
1422057677828.jpg
8 KB, 150x144
>The truth is that Michel Houellebecq is the greatest critic of western culture that I have come across

>He's one of the only writers that takes the notions of sex and death and try to determine whether or not they're actually good things. He takes them very seriously, as they should be taken.

>You're gonna notice a pattern on here, because all I review is stuff about sex and death. Why? Because those are the only two things worth talking about. Disagree? Tough shit.

Hope Michel Houellebecq did a better job than that.
>>
>>7514692
Blood/needle/knife play. It's the fingerless gloves, dude.
>>
pretentious and depressed -- no doubt the new star of this pathetic board
>>
>>7514704
this guy gets it
>>
>>7514589
so what's gonna happen when he reads Soumission?
>>
>>7514898

He did. He loved it.
>>
>>7514898
He already did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IBT9FkruS0
>>
>>7514903
gee

i wonder who is behind this post
>>
>>7514898
What's wrong with Soumission? I just bought it.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 388x218) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 388x218
>>7514907
> top comment is from based Dr. Sadler
> " A viewer of mine sent me this"

/lit/, I...
>>
>>7514912
Well, I think most of /pol/ go into it thinking it's gonna be explicitly Islamophobic (especially considering Houellebecq's early work and comments) and it's not.
>>
>>7514925
It's satirical though right?
Or goes into the banality of religion as a system of control. I just wanted a contemporary writer
>>
>>7514916
Sadler's a pretty cool dude, definitely one of the better philosophy channels on youtube.

Check out Wes Cecil if you enjoy Sadler.
>>
>>7514932
It is satirical, but he's more pro-Islam in ways /pol/ wouldn't expect.

He's basically calling for a Catholic-Muslim alliance and saying Islam is preferable to liberalism. I think /pol/ is more Deus Vult! Race war now!
>>
>>7514947
I'll check it out. Sounds like he's more misleading than DFW
>>
Jesus please don't let BTF be a meme
>>
>>7514947
>and saying Islam is preferable to liberalism

Weeeeell, it's not that straight-forward. He also satirizes people who would prefer islam because they'd have it better under it (multiple young wives etc).
>>
Why does lit hate houellebecq so much?

I'm starting to think that a patrician is only an idea, a chimera. A patrician doesn't exist in real life, it's a level that is unattainable. I have posited this by seeing the endless disagreement amongst lit anons
>>
>>7514952
He's not really misleading. Read his The Paris Review interview. He pretty much tells you the entire novel's themes in the interview.

> But only the Muslims are in an actually schizophrenic situation. On the level of what we customarily call values, Muslims have more in common with the extreme right than with the left. There is a more fundamental opposition between a Muslim and an atheist than between a Muslim and a Catholic. That seems obvious to me.

> But in the end the Koran turns out to be much better than I thought, now that I’ve reread it—or rather, read it. The most obvious conclusion is that the jihadists are bad Muslims. Obviously, as with all religious texts, there is room for interpretation, but an honest reading will conclude that a holy war of aggression is not generally sanctioned, prayer alone is valid. So you might say I’ve changed my opinion. That’s why I don’t feel that I’m writing out of fear. I feel, rather, that we can make arrangements. The feminists will not be able to, if we’re being completely honest. But I and lots of other people will.

http://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2015/01/02/scare-tactics-michel-houellebecq-on-his-new-book/
>>
>>7514960
It's a double edged sword. He get's alot of warrented publicity because he's good at what he does and deserves the exposure. The downside is... well you've seen the quality of /lit/ memes.
>>
>>7514966
/lit/ hates Houellebecq about as much as it hates DFW
>>
>>7514966
Because he's not that great of a prose writer (although you could argue this is intentional) and his ideas are sound but have been articulated better by others, inside and outside of France.
>>
>>7514971
>implying he wasn't just misleading them there
he's a master ruseman t'bh
>>
>>7514916
>tfw that was me
>>
>>7514963
It sort of is that straight-forward. It's like he suddenly watched a couple Alain Soral videos on youtube and changed his opinion of Muslims.
>>
>>7514940
Sadler's only 1/4 through the Phenomenology of Spirit and he's been at it for almost two years. Good God
>>
>>7514975
Meaning it says it hates them but in reality loves them and has all their books?
>>
>>7514993
He's incredibly based. Haven't watched his Hegel lectures cause I already studied him.

His lectures on anger are great. He's got great taste in philosophy.
>>
>>7514983

taqqiya
>>
>>7514998
Meaning DFW and Houllebecq are too easy to read.
>>
>>7515004
The idea of a book being difficult to read is a meme
>>
>>7515002
FUCK
>>
>>7514940
Will Sadler help me into philosophy?

I picked up Phenomenology of Spirit and the words literally made no sense. Where do I start?
>>
>>7513895
where has she gone
>>
>>7514422
You sound like one of those guys who goes on /r9k/ and tries to convince the Arcanines that Chad and Stacey aren't so bad.
>>
>>7515017
With the Greeks (sorry, you asked for it)
>>
>>7515017
>I picked up Phenomenology of Spirit

lmao, did /lit/ trick you into buy it?
>>
>>7515020
I don't even understand his reasoning. I just said I enjoy Houellebecq and the guy gives me a lecture on what a failure I am.
>>
>>7515020
I prefer Stacey's mom.
>>
>>7515019
She'll return if we believe hard enough.
>>
>>7515031

>I don't even understand his reasoning. I just said I enjoy Houellebecq and the guy gives me a lecture on what a failure I am.

I hear you...

...but he's right.
>>
>>7515022
Halfway through the Odyssey, so I'm practically done with it.

>>7515027
Oh God no. Local library had all of his works.
>>
>>7512331
he doesnt have the face of a patrician
>>
Karl ove?
>>
>>7515071
Reported for doxxxing
>>
> This channel has no content that matched "pynchon."
> This channel has no content that matched "delillo."

ayy lmao
>>
>>7515071
> Death in June
> Death Grips
> Roosh V
>>
>>7515071
I wish I was living the literary lifestyle desu
>>
>>7515071
Not bad but

> /lit/
> white

We're all sudacas here, gringo. Go out and learn some Spanish.
>>
>>7514966
The meme goes like this: (1) wait until someone tells you what books they enjoy reading, (2) call them a pleb regardless of their answer, (3) only admit to liking books that are approved by an online community of frauds whose taste is solely based on a texts popularity, or rather unpopularity.
>>
>>7515091
You're just engendering online harassment by doing this and I'll have none of it.
>>
>>7515071
>Girlwriteswhat
>Roosh V
>Nihilist Memes
>Joan CornellĂ 

Muh nigger.

New king of /lit/ confirmed
>>
>>7515071
you forgot
>he doesn't read
>>
>>7515099
oh no, not online harassment!
>>
>people surprised he's /lit/ when it's blatantly obvious he's the one posting his channel all the time
>>
>>7515091
You're an apologist for your own garbage behavior. You don't deserve to be treated kindly on a website for Vietnamese carpet tutorials or anywhere else t b q h
>>
>>7515113
No one is surprised, retard.
>>
>>7515102
I like Karen Straughan and the Honey Badgers because it makes me happy to know that there are people out there who care about the things they do :-)
>>
>>7515124
can't be bothered to care yourself?
>>
>>7515138
I'm too busy shitposting on 4chan.
>>
>>7515085
Where should I start, which author uses simple language so I can ease into it? Does Arreola work in that regard?
>>
>>7515144
Stop harassing him, you massive shitlord faggot.

His videos are great and I would buy him a beer.
>>
>>7514599
/lit/ should be beyond left and right if the Stirner and Nietzsche worship going on around here is not just a meme
>>
>>7515183
I swear, if he leaves YouTube forever because of this I'm going to be SO mad...
>>
He's a nihilist memer, you dip!
>>
Doxing shota, uh, what other words alert mods? Seriously this is going to snowball so bad /lit/'s going to lay its sticky autistic hands all over this poor dude's life. He'll have to shut it down and whoops there it is almost no more good booktubers
>>
>>7515195
Pissbottles 2: The Electric Boogaloo
>>
>>7515203
This will be even worse than Katiegate...
>>
he posts here like two weeks before every review with an image of the book he's writing a review for and asks what you thought about it. he did it with Suttree, Gaddis, My Struggle, basically all of them
>>
>>7515203
Nothing will really happen. Buddy should just delete or make more private his facebook.

So what fucking what I know what college he attended.

Still, don't intentionally publish that shit.
>>
>>7515219
So when can we expect Book of the New Sun?
>>
>>7515219
People talk about those books/authors all the time here anyway, so..
>>
>>7515219
good.

we should all do a /lit/ roundtable, live streamed on youtube for a book we decide to read

I nominate JR by Gaddis.
>>
>>7515219
I would like to be in a reading club with this man
>>
OP here and this is starting to get weird. I'd hate for this to turn into another Katiegate
>>
Eh, he's got thicker skin than Kate. Also there are far fewer shut-in perverts lusting after him.
>>
Look what you did to this poor innocent boy, /lit/! I can't even believe it. He was so sweet...
>>
>>7515241
Katy was a cunt a nd I'm glad she died.
>>
>>7512331
nah
>>
>>7515241
I would fuck him before Katie desu. I want his cock inside me while he whispers in my ear about De Sade.
>>
>>7515237
I don't think he cares about some anonymous faggots on 4chan, 2bh. Also kek at 'doxxing' - what are you going to do, send his Facebook profile to his mom?
>>
>>7515253
How can youe ven post this disgusting shit about such a pure innocent being as this man. I'm fucking retching as I type this
>>
>>7512331
Bookchemist is based af
>>
I need to find a mirror of any katie video
>>
>>7515261
Work on your accent.
>>
>>7515269
bòók chęmíst îs básèd äs fūck
>>
Are there any good literature blogs?
>>
>>7515379
>blogs
>the year of our lord twenty sixteen minus four days
>>
>>7515379
I don't know that there are any that are actually "good" in the sense that you should read them over academic literature, but you could try some of these: http://www.complete-review.com/links/bloglink.htm
>>
>>7515254
This wtf. He's not some teenager posting nudes to /b/. He's a grown fucking man who really clearly curates the info he presents to the public because he wants to sell his media product.
>>
>>7515422
>"good" in the sense that you should read them over academic literature

That's not exactly setting a high bar, is it? If I have to read one more paper about Freud and the internal contradictions of capitalism in the work of ______ I'll fucking kill myself. The ingredient list on a water bottle is "good" in the sense that I'd read it over academic literature.
>>
>>7514692
Put's on latex gloves and just gives it (as in, like, assaults) to a homeless person whom he pays a meager $420.69, which he finds hilarious however juvenile, that sadly doesn't even cover his visit to the clinic after reconstructive maxillofacial surgery.
>>
This thread started out well...
>>
>>7512331

He's okay. I kind of wish he'd start reviewing lesser-known books. It seems like all his videos of late are just paying lip service to novels that are already part of the literary canon. A few months back he reviewed a book by a photojournalist, but everything else I've seen him review has already been reviewed to death in other media. I mean, there's not a whole lot of new ground to tread in a review of Blood Meridian or Stoner.

I want to see him review something contemporary that hasn't already been celebrated by professional literati. The Knausgaard review was close, but he still went for an easy one.

Though I believe he gets most of his suggestions from his viewers in the comments sections. So the blame goes two ways.

Still charismatic and fun to watch, but he doesn't really present anything new or particularly interesting in his reviews.
>>
>>7514940
cecil is a hack
>>
>>7515565
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-9l18FpCgM

you mean this one?
>>
File: saddest kid ever.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
saddest kid ever.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>The episode he posted after his dad died
>>
>>7515071
Let's not do this again, please.
>>
>>7515580

No, he was outside next to some old building. It was a Middle Eastern war photojournalist, if I recall correctly. Can't be bothered to look it up right now.
>>
>>7515585
which one is that?

he looks like bradley cooper.
>>
>>7512331
He's by far the most tolerable one, at least.
>>
File: smug.png (388 KB, 638x359) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
388 KB, 638x359
>>7512331
Can the name Houellebecq even be uttered without the smug rubbing off on you?
>>
>>7515591
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK8FUmSV1eo

Here we go
>>
>>7515153

Arreola uses straightforward Spanish, but Rulfo is even more straightforward. García Márquez is not bad in that regard, but not a favorite of mine. Read good children's book, like Platero y yo by Juan Ramón Jiménez.
>>
>>7515071
> -150 friends.

Awesome shit. Those are boomer FB numbers. He makes having less than 200 cool.
>>
>>7515071
This guy literally has Stirner pepe memes in his favourites, he browses /lit/ for sure.
>>
>>7515153

Arreola is an anomaly in the Mexican canon.
Obviously his early work was influenced by the realism of Reyes but his more mature stories explore absurdist and Gnostic themes that are unique among his Mejican contemporaries .
>>
>>7515795
nah I have plenty of "normal" facebook friends that like that page. why does /lit/ always think the world revolves around them?
>>
>>7514561
you wont be the next famous schollar critic memester. nobody fucking cares. Booktube is only to find people with similar tastes and try and have conversations with them if you dont have anyoe to your immediate vecinity.
>>
>>7515822
>why does /lit/ always think the world revolves around them?
because normieplebs are literally stealing our memes
>>
>>7515878
oh and selling them as t shirts
http://www.redbubble.com/people/nihilistmemes/
>>
>>7515642
It's French, so no
>>
File: Rare David.png (319 KB, 647x634) Image search: [Google]
Rare David.png
319 KB, 647x634
>>7513989
Same here. I hate him.
>>
>>7515931

This is the most 90's picture ever.
>>
>>7512331
The dude is so full of himself. Watching his reviews is like talking to that Uber-edgy leather jacket wearing pseudo-intellectual at the bar whose entire goal is to convince you that he's smarter than you, cooler than you, more well read than you, has better taste than you. And then you leave the bar laughing to yourself at how hard that guy was trying. Good taste in books though.
>>
nah he's pleb shit. but at least he's good looking pleb shit.
>>
File: 1447189476325.jpg (235 KB, 610x1526) Image search: [Google]
1447189476325.jpg
235 KB, 610x1526
>ctrl f Dean Goranites
>0 results

RIP ole scamp ;-;
>>
>>7516546
Wearing a leather jacket and speaking with confidence makes him a pretensions pseudo-intellectual? What a sad world you live in friend.
>>
>>7516546
when i watched the last video of him he had the nicest fucking jacket on and like a burberrys scarf. the whole time i was thinking he must be wearing 500 dollars clothes and probably a nice watch i wanted to fucking stab that motherfucker for his leather jacket
>>
>>7516634
The leather jacket only parallels his mannerisms. His pretentiousness comes more from the fact that he quotes John Waters, which is basically the intellectual equivalent to me as listening to Tyler, The Creator and saying "I have such good taste for listening to this shit!" He isn't self aware enough to notice how hard he's trying to be intellectual, but still edgy and hip. But, like I said, I can't knock his taste and reviewing skills. I'm sure he's a nice guy. Just wished he'd acted more like a human being.
>>
>>7514960
Too late now, he's /lit/'s Anthony Fandingo.
>>
>>7516652
>He isn't self aware enough to notice how hard he's trying to be intellectual, but still edgy and hip
Or maybe he wants to start a successful Youtube channel and appeal to a wide variety of people.
>>
He reads good books.
>>
>>7514960
>pls don't let BTF be a meme

He's been a meme for almost a year.
>>
>>7515244
What did I miss? The post is deleted.
>>
>>7517425
lol
>>
Was Michael Gira's The Consumer ever discussed on /lit/?
https://youtu.be/RLX3lPxmAH4
>>
>>7515019
eh i haven't been reading that much.. i'll do a video soon
>>
>>7517478
what's your channel, again?
>>
Watched a couple of videos, he says nothing insightful in any of them. Perhaps it is because he is vapid or perhaps it is because the modernist shit he reads has no real depth. Complete trash, this guy is a signaler and not a reader
>>
>>7517753

This.
I watched like 10 minutes of his Pessoa review and he claimed Pessoa was a virgin, lol, and talked about how chill Lisboa was when he went there.
>>
>>7516912
He's not melon status yet. Wait until he reviews something that's well loved on here and shits on it.
>>
>>7512331
he doesnt have the swag of a patrician
>>
How does one become an intelectual?
>>
>>7515231
you basically already are
I mean all of us here have read the memes and discussed them at some point or the other, haven't we?
>>
>>7517457
Yeah, a dozen of times.
>>
>>7513583
what vid is this?
>>
is he's so great why won't he write some top-tier book himself
>>
>>7518657
I don't know, why don't you ask Bloom.
>>
>>7518678
Because hee already did it.
>>
>>7518730
Bloom's books are not top-tier.
>>
>>7518579
So shitposting and memeing on 4chan makes you an intellectual?
Nice!
>>
>>7518794
implication wherein BTF is intellectual
>>
>>7518766
Yes they are
>>
>>7519397
That fat Mary's comin out the closet and calling people faggots like some entitled little queen in high school, and I applaud him.
and I already suck dick.
>>
File: laughing bjork.jpg (37 KB, 641x482) Image search: [Google]
laughing bjork.jpg
37 KB, 641x482
>Cliff Sargent subscribed to a channel 4 months ago
>Art of Manliness
>>
>>7516558
Dean left us to die, you expect pity?
>>
>>7518635
it's from a livestream
they talk about books at the end
Charles does audiobook voiceovers lmao
>>
>>7519397
What was this? Video was removed
>>
>>7514599
/lit/ is 40% reactionary-left, 30% typical liberal, 20% moderate, 5% conservative, 5% /pol/
>>
>>7519730
i'm a brocialist
>>
>>7519730
What the duck is reactionary left?
>>
>>7519703
just a buttblasted autist who got embarrassed when /lit/ didn't shower him with blowjobs for not liking some guy
>>
>>7519781
people into critical theory bullshit
>>
>>7519730
no it isn't
>>
>>7519786
Dumbest categorising I've ever seen. I can tell you're an American, or Australian maybe.
>>
>>7519730
47.5% are insane fascists, 47.5% are brocialists and 5% are whiny sjw faggots
>>
>>7519808
Accurate.
>>
>>7519805
I can tell you are a non Anglo Yurofaggot because you think there is value in bullshit like metaphysics, Hegel, and Marxist-Lacanian do-do. One day, when you grow up hopefully you will figure out that Empiricism and Pragmatism are the only systems of value.
>>
>>7519822
Nothing wrong with metaphysics
>>
File: 1439394039967.jpg (23 KB, 500x550) Image search: [Google]
1439394039967.jpg
23 KB, 500x550
>>7519730
most of us here are Jenseits von Link und Recht, family
>>
>>7519822
>Empiricism and Pragmatism are the only systems of value.
Nice metaphysical stance, friend. How did you arrive at it?
>>
File: 1382570818093.png (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1382570818093.png
27 KB, 500x500
>>7520760
zis zu be erlich familien
>>
>>7521133
induction
>>
>>7514947
isn't it just all irony, or post-irony?

>Woe is me who can't fuck hot women so ill adopt the islamic faith so I can legitimately rape women and have a haram. Seems swell
>>
>>7516546
Who is he anon, who won the argument against you?
>>
>>7512331
No, he's shit tier.

Really terrible, I can see how he appeals to /lit/ pseudo-intellectuals though.
>>
Someone post that pic of /lit/ bullying a booktuber so much she closed her channel.
>>
>>7521147
So empiricism is right because empiricism shows it's right?
>>
>>7521486
better than dreaming up solutions
>>
File: neverforget.jpg (3 MB, 756x9800) Image search: [Google]
neverforget.jpg
3 MB, 756x9800
>>7521263
>>
>>7521488
Might as well stick to Christianity then, it uses the same type of unwarranted axioms and circular reasoning.
>>
>>7521584
>unwarranted axioms and circular reasoning
except empiricism is not unwarranted and it is only circular via human understanding and logic.
>>
>>7521597
>except empiricism is not unwarranted
Its axioms are as arbitrary as theological ones, lad.

>human understanding and logic.
As opposed to what?
>>
>>7521581
Thank.
>>
>>7521648
nope, reality exists. You can play philosophy games to try and deny it, but at the end of day you are just deluding yourself.

>As opposed to what?
insitu experience
>>
>>7521677
Saying reality exists is like saying rain rains. It doesn't mean anything.

I'm not playing philosophical games, you're backing up your metaphysical stance with nothing but religious fervour.
>>
Noone has answered the OP question

Just circle jerking the dude.
>>
>>7521710
try jumping off a tall building into concrete, if you survive then you come back to me with your metaphysical games
>>
>>7521943
If I pull that off will I die?
>>
>>7522068
only one way to find out
>>
>>7522078
The silly thing is, you're trying to prove empiricism right by the rules of empiricism. Which is trying to prove Christianity right by the rules of Christianity.

Closed systems like this always work by their internal logic.
>>
>>7522231
except Christianity is made up by humans, reality is not
>>
>>7522266
It is not made up. It as natural as you think empiricism is to believe in a God.
>>
>>7522278
it might be natural to believe in a god, but the specifics are not apparent
>>
>>7522266
Empiricism is made up by humans as well, lad.
>>
COMPLETELY unrelated, but does anyone remember the name of that youtube channel about words in different languages, with well produced vids, where the general theme was sadness or smth like that?
>>
File: 1441773338451.jpg (20 KB, 412x352) Image search: [Google]
1441773338451.jpg
20 KB, 412x352
>>7514601
>centre-right at best
>>
>>7523769
I love that video
Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.