[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think of Dune? It's big as fuck and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 192x263) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 192x263
What does /lit/ think of Dune? It's big as fuck and I'm wondering if it's worth the read.
>>
>>7512304
#cringe zone
is fucking garbage hyped for faggots that think that muslims names are deep.
>>
First half was entertaining, learning about the World and how it worked, middle was kind of boring, ending was disappointing.
>>
>>7512304
This is my all-time favorite book. I was lucky enough to know next to nothing about it when I found it. I got the version with the black cover and small strip of sand. Before I knew it, I was reading the sequels and even some of the prequels written by his son and Kevin J Anderson.
>>
It's anime-tier.
>>
>>7512304
Best sci fi has to offer.
Ignore the idiots in this thread claiming otherwise
>>
>>7512304
>big as fuck

I haven't read it in a while but isn't it like 4-500 pages? lmao
>>
>>7512362
So like 1984?
>>
fucking soft sci fi drivel who the fuck wants to read about made up warring clans and giant worms fuck off and read arthur c clarke books instead
>>
Great book, probably the best sci-fi ever written. It takes a while to set up the plot because of the huge amount of worldbuilding Herbert did but once it gets going it's great. It has a bunch of sequels no one cares about, but my dad reckons they're good.
>>
Dune a shit
just like you're waifu
>>
Very good sci-fi with a mythological scope. Imo the 60s were like a golden age for sci-fi with legitimate literary value - Herbert, Clarke, Dick, Bradbury...blew hacks like Heinlein out of the water
>>
>>7512594
per book
>>
>>7512304
Best sci-fi I've ever read.

In my opinion the quality of the series goes down after the god emperor of dune. Don't bother with the prequels and sequels not written by Frank Herbert. They are horrible attempts at milking a dying franchise.
>>
>>7513217
heinlein a shit
why is he considered one of the "big three?"
>>
>>7513242
For his time, his vision and volume of work he is notable
>>
I read a few pages in the book store and it seemed like I, Claudius in space so I put it down. Dialogue was bad too.
>>
>>7512610
Why read novelised extrapolation of science when you can just read a research robotics paper?

Tips fedora, walks away
>>
>>7513247
fair enough
He's badly dated though, I've never got through any of his books.
>>
Just read the book, man.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.