[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/ I know this is odd but I'm interested in some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1448582375863.jpg (25 KB, 471x484) Image search: [Google]
1448582375863.jpg
25 KB, 471x484
Hey /lit/ I know this is odd but I'm interested in some books fiction or non-fiction about User Experience Design. Scratch that. Just Design(Architecture, Landscape, Urban etc etc... )

Thanks in advance.
>>
File: japanese_history.jpg (521 KB, 1019x660) Image search: [Google]
japanese_history.jpg
521 KB, 1019x660
bump
>>
The hell's User Experience Design?
>>
>>7511199
Information Architecture and graphics on your gadgets.
>>
I guess not
>>
KM3 MVRDV
>>
Start with the Greeks
>>
File: nova_imperium.jpg (253 KB, 850x500) Image search: [Google]
nova_imperium.jpg
253 KB, 850x500
>>
>>7511297
How can plato and whoever else compare to Iceberg Slim?
>>
>>7511333
'Now Lucifer, expelling night, revealed
the light of shining dawn; as Eurus fell,
the damp fog lifted.'
>>
This website: http://www.catnaps.org/islamic/islagard.html
while not a book, is the most interesting examination of (islamic and otherwise) garden design that I have ever encountered.

Aside from that, most books I've read about design are coffee table books with lots of pictures that I cannibalize in order to collect pretty pictures for reference, interior design inspiration, and sometimes to just hang up by themselves. Can be found for cheap at thrift shops.

I recommend trolling local thrift stores looking for anything on the topic you're interested in, since that sort of looking in itself might expose you to more sources that could be interesting. Especially if you're in an urban environment or a "trendy" suburban one, thrift stores have a lot of material.

Invisible cities by Italo Calvino is an interesting analogy between the physical spaces we navigate and mental navigation of memory, which could be tangentially interesting to you. The book is mostly descriptions of various fictional cities.

If I may ask, why are you looking for these books? Just personal interest?

Best of luck in whatever it is
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.