[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your literary resolutions for 2016, /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 320x213
What are your literary resolutions for 2016, /lit/?
>>
To read the Quran.
>>
Plow through my library for as long as I can. Also, get Trump to recommend Hypersphere on CNN.
>>
>>7509086
just planning to end my life
>>
>>7509120
Good. Now stop shitting up my thread. Literally no one will care when you die. The world will keep on spinning and people will move on.
>>
>>7509124
thanks
>>
File: 29awv89.jpg (102 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
29awv89.jpg
102 KB, 1280x960
>>7509120
>tfw want to botch a suicide attempt for the attention but don't have the balls
>>
>>7509086
Considering I only read half a book last year....to finish that book.
>>
>>7509124
Sheesh, this fella can't take a joke.
>>
>>7509093
What is the best english translation?
>>
To read a book in a foreign language.
>>
>>7509086
Write more. Trying to decide on a word count. Read a book a week. Stop browsing /lit/ for good. Only here cause I'm drunk and I can't really do anything else.
>>7509120
I've got three years to go before I join you.
>>
>>7509180
Oh and learn German I suppose and >>7509174. I've got an uncle who lives in Germany who may be my way out of the hell hole that is south eastern america.
>>
Quit the internet (mostly).
>>
In my free time, spend a max of 3 hours a day on 4chan (I don't know if that sounds like a lot, but to be it's not a lot compared to how long I'm on here now) and spend the rest of the free time on reading.
>>
Read enough books to understand half the references in Ulysses so I can spend the entirety of 2017 reading Ulysses.
>>
I want to drill a hole in a book and fuck it.

But what book should I fuck, and what edition of said book?
>>
Write regularly.
Read In Search Of Lost Time
>>
>>7509595
can't you just read one or two books about the references in ulysses, read ulysses, then lie and talk about all the books you read to prep for ulysses?
>>
>>7509608
obviously one of the meme trilogy
>>
i'm pretty satisfied with my reading habits and hope only to keep them up for 2016

unfortunately my reading habits are among the few things i am satisfied with
>>
Start reading on a regular basis
Read the Bible and the Quran
>>
>>7509627
well man sure that's all and well but I ain't fucking no whorebook.

I wanna make love to a classy literary ladybook,
>>
>>7509124
The world will still be turning when you're gone
Yeah, when you're gone!
>>
to continue to be NEET and read for 13 hours a day everyday.
>>
File: dg4-jpg.jpg (22 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
dg4-jpg.jpg
22 KB, 700x467
Good resolutions are useless attempts to interfere with scientific laws. Their origin is pure vanity. Their result is absolutely nil.
>>
>>7509086

To be free of spooks and pursue my own end.
>>
>>7509666
ah fuck
chek'd dark lord
>>
>>7509666
Nice trips but consider next time putting a semi-colon between "their origins..." and "their result..."
>>
Read 70+ books including Baudelaire and Rimbaud in French and Steppenwolf in German.
>>
>>7509610
I actually enjoy reading

read: I'm scared of being a dilettante
>>
>>7509765

not that anon but if you really want to read ulysses all you need to read beforehand is homer's odyssey. then read the gifford annotated alongside ulysses as you're going. hamlet would be good too but if you skip it the annotated can help you there.
>>
I've no book-related resolutions as I read multiple books at a time and therefore read enough throughout the year.

However, I'd like to return to daily writing and finish the short story I've recently started.
>>
>>7509686
>almost 2016
>trying to correct Oscar Wilde
>>
>>7509124
How can people be so heartless? I know this is the internet but Jesus Christ. Have some empathy!
>>
>>7509816
xDDD
>>
To read the books I already have that I haven't read yet.
>>
>>7509145
This.
Also I plan not to buy a new book. I have enough.
>>
>>7509816
>le exclamation mark to show i'm joking face
>>
I have no money so I'm going to exclusively buy big books because they tend to be better bang for your buck.

Alternatively: get some money. But that's not /lit/ related.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Getting Published
>>
>>7509086

read in french at least 30 minutes each day. Make any tv I watch tv in french.
>>
Play less video games so I can read more.
>>
Don Quixote in spanish
>>
>>7509086
to read some books
>>
>>7510167
>>7510214
Showing empathy isn't a meme.
>>
>>7510431
In that case you used an exclamation mark unironically and I want to kill you.
>>
>>7510437
But anon!
>>
I'm going to start with the Greeks. Probably start Ulysses in a couple months.
>>
To finish "In Search of Lost Time."
>>
>>7510230
Do it, anon. It feels good.
>>
To read all my Tsundoku
>>
Force myself to read more.

I used to be able to read like 8 hours a day.

But I sit on my ass all day at work, so it's hard to sit on my ass at home.

I like being active.
>>
Read 365 Novels
>>
Leave this cancerous place.
>>
to stop posting on /lit/
>>
>>7510559
>>7510560
This board's gone downhill fast in the past few months. I don't even know what happened.

I'd agree with you two, but I started going to other boards (on account of /lit/ being so bad) so my resolution is to quit 4chan altogether.
>>
I'm going to kill all of you.
>>
>>7510563
it's agreed we all three have a suicide pact. if any one of us comes back to this cancerous site after Dec 31 2015 we will all kill ourselves.
>>
>>7510577
Might as well kill yourselves now
>>
>>7510563
This board has always been shit.

>newfag thinks he's been around long enough to notice the decline in this board's quality

Fucking kill yourself or go back to reddit
>>
>>7510437
I am not that same poster.
>>
>>7509086
Finish Plato (halfway done) and read Aristotle

Read the KJV bible, Augustine, and a condensed version of Aquinas' Summa

Finish reading a big chunk of Roman primary source history (e.g., Diodorus, Appian, Tacitus, Suetonius, Dio Cassius) so I can finish off with Plutarch's Lives and Gibbon's Decline

Read Pausanias, Strabo, Pliny's Natural History

Read all extant Greek drama, and dip my toe into Shakespeare

It's gonna be a busy year. Toss in a few novels to ease the workload from time to time. Was considering Proust, but that may be a bit much.
>>
I failed in 2015 by only reading about 85 of my planned 100 books, and few of those were light novels and a couple of comic books. So in 2016 I'm going to actually meet that goal with real books.

I also want to read all the shakespeare I haven't read yet as well as finish starting with the greeks.
>>
Gonna pick up some greeks, finish Don Quixote and read some Ligotti.
>>
>>7510576
do it, pusshy
>>
I'm planning on 30 books. I read only non-fiction and in foreign languages. Learning more French so I can read French books is really a thing I've to do.
>>
File: 1450066392139.jpg (200 KB, 400x534) Image search: [Google]
1450066392139.jpg
200 KB, 400x534
>caring about the end of the year
It means absolutely nothing.
You just don't have the willpower to do what you want; so you need something bigger than yourself, such as the new year, to force you to do shit.
>>
File: 1449511546468.png (2 MB, 1560x750) Image search: [Google]
1449511546468.png
2 MB, 1560x750
I'm going to read this hot new meme trilogy, as I finished the old one in 2015.

I also want to read Vollmann's Seven Dream series, Proust, Middle C and the Tunnel by Gass and Kraznahorkai's new novel. I'm also stoked for the Zettel's Traum translation dropping soon.
>>
>>7509086
burn my nutsack
>>
To read 144 books.
Last two months I read 14 books each and I am on the 14th book right now, so completely feasible.
>>
>>7509086

10 works by Shakespeare, at least 60 works of literature overall.
>>
File: 2016readinggoals.png (98 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
2016readinggoals.png
98 KB, 1366x768
goals from a previous thread

would also like to publish one chapbook of poetry and finish the year with ~100 decent pages of fiction
>>
>>7510782
>PoC

racist
>>
>>7509086

Get into a neurocognition lab and convince them that their research into neuron pathways for arousal is really just a window into perception, and subtly influence them towards research that aligns with my goals.

>I want to find the baseline neurocognitive perception of being, below sensory input.
>I will kill solipsism and Sterner and you bastards can't stop me.
>>
>>7510695
you're so smart anon I wish I could be like you
>>
>>7509086
Slay my backlog. It should be possible now that I've weened myself away from nearly every form of entertainment.
>>
To finally get a decent knowledge of western history
>>
>>7509689
>Baudelaire and Rimbaud
You have to be 18 to post here
>>
>>7509608
Trust me the papercuts and scrapes aren't worth it. I did it for a girl. It's a regret. But if you must use the penguin "deluxe edition" of gravity's rainbow.
>>
>>7509608
My diary, tbqh
>>
Year 1 AD was just as long as this one
>>
>>7509086
Read a book
>>
>>7512404
this
>>
>>7510218
I'm not sure how new you are, but stealing books from big book stores isn't really frowned upon and are generally the best way to read books without having money. Just make sure to leave them at a library when you're done and the end will justify the means
>>
File: AfricanHunt.jpg (920 KB, 1400x933) Image search: [Google]
AfricanHunt.jpg
920 KB, 1400x933
I'd like to read a little, even if it's only a page, every night before I go to sleep.
>>
>>7509203
Bro that's a lot. How long are you on now?
>>
Stop visiting reddit.

I may as well use this full blown internet addiction to browse just one site.
>>
>>7509086
212 dpi
unless it breaks down I'm not getting another kindle just because the calendar resets, fuck you
>>
>>7509144
At least you're honest about it senpai
now get help
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.