[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the best edition to get for the Cantos?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: ezra-pound.jpg (22 KB, 372x480) Image search: [Google]
ezra-pound.jpg
22 KB, 372x480
what is the best edition to get for the Cantos?
>>
>>7508667
Is Ezra Pound worth reading?
>>
>>7508824
Another question would be: "How is he not worth reading?".
>>
>>7508869
A proposition might be: "Ezra Pound may or may not be worth reading."
>>
>>7508824

if you want to only invest in art that is universally approved by a community, so you don't have to form your own thoughts, you should try /mu/.
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 768x1024
>>7508873
Is Ezra Pound really been read even as decided to use even go want to do worth more like?
>>
>>7508824
His early poems are, but I wouldn't read anything else by him. I especially wouldn't touch The Cantos.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 576x436) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 576x436
>>7508908
Why, did he pull on your zaydeh's payos?
>>
File: Ezra pound 1958.png (566 KB, 914x557) Image search: [Google]
Ezra pound 1958.png
566 KB, 914x557
I've been gone all day and come back to my thread to see none of you answer my damn question, baka f^m, yall are homies though for posting in the thread, thnx
>>
File: compassplant.png (859 KB, 720x838) Image search: [Google]
compassplant.png
859 KB, 720x838
New Directions

source: i have the new directions hardcover. the typeface is clean and legible, the formatting is proper, the book's not too little and not too big, and it's one of the only editions under $100 that includes all of his Cantos and not just a selection. It also excludes footnotes and etc, as Pound meant it to be read that way. Oh and it's pretty.
>>
>>7509757
awesome, thank you friend, however is it a good idea to read it without footnotes, even if he intended it that way? or should i just get it and then google everything i don't know
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.