[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will reading obscure books make me well read?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1450711772239.gif (180 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1450711772239.gif
180 KB, 500x375
Will reading obscure books make me well read?
>>
no, asking that question means you will never be well read.
>>
>>7508061
>says the anon that has read Infinite Meme and Pynchon
>>
>well read

Can we stop with this?
>>
>>7508064
i haven't read infinite jest, and not any major pynchon. sorry to disappoint, memer.
>>
Who here is well read AND well hung?
>>
>>7508073
reporting in
>>
Reading well makes you well read
>>
>>7508088
Are you sure?
>>
>>7508064
*sez
>>
It will exponentially increase your patrician status. It doesn't matter whether you actually understand or drill anything out of it —after a while you'll be teeming on the breeze of your intellectual ego. Now, isn't that of your fancy?
>>
>>7508073
>>7508078
That makes three of us
>>
>>7508059
No, in order to be well-read you're better off reading well known books. Whether or not you're well-read is more about others' social perception of you than it is some arbitrary number of books you've got under your belt. If you can say you've read the 300 or so most well-known books, that people have heard of, that serves you better than having read 600 obscure books that no one will ever ask you about or recognize if you bring them up.
>>
>>7508157
Bane?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.