[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone on /lit/ read Daniil Kharms? I was pleasantly surprised
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: kharms.jpg (536 KB, 1250x1979) Image search: [Google]
kharms.jpg
536 KB, 1250x1979
Has anyone on /lit/ read Daniil Kharms?
I was pleasantly surprised after reading some of his short stories
>>
is rare, but their stories even absurd, but fun
>>
>>7507068
what country are you from lad? Can't understand a thing
>>
underrated author
>>
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
>>
>>7507099
Inb4 iran
>>
>>7507099
lithuania
>>
>>7506993
He looks like a nazi mad at someone who just escaped from Auswitch.
>>
>>7507068
He's weird, and his stories absurd, but fun.
>>
>>7506993
he was a meme here years ago. a trip named iranbro kept making threads trying to find a digi copy of Today i Wrote Nothing and we baited the shit out of him. but there was good discussion, too.
>>
>>7507282
ditto
>>
makes me laugh harder than most authors, and through translation. so much fun to read
>>
>>7506993
Did he write a story where some guy loses his nose?
Pretty funny
>>
Semyon Semyonovich, with his glasses on, looks at a pine tree and he sees: in the pine tree sits a peasant showing him his fist.
Semyon Semyonovich, with his glasses off, looks at the pine tree and sees that there is no one sitting in the pine tree.
Semyon Semyonovich, with his glasses on, looks at the pine tree and again sees that in the pine tree sits a peasant showing him his fist.
Semyon Semyonovich, with his glasses off, again sees that there is no one sitting in the pine tree.
Semyon Semyonovich, with his glasses on again, looks at the pine tree and again sees that in the pine tree sits a peasant showing him his fist.
Semyon Semyonovich doesn't wish to believe in this phenomenon and considers this phenomenon an optical illusion.
>>
bigger fan of iranman myself
>>
>>7508398
We all ended up getting a pretty nice epub version of it after all those months
>>
>>7508828

That's Gogol.
>>
File: tfw-no-biopic.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tfw-no-biopic.jpg
66 KB, 1280x720
>>7508878

>epub version of Today I Wrote Nothing
Is it still available somewhere?
>>
>>7509046
On Ar g Arg it is
>>
>>7509046
what i meant to say is that it is on aaaaaaarg haha :D
>>
>>7510299

Thanks anon, I hope to be able to use that resource at some point.
>>
what's up with the sill memes on this thread? I wanted to have some legitimate discussion/file sharing/circlejerking
>>
he's super cool. ive loved him since i was a baby (he wrote kids poetry) and now i own his complete writings. very weird, but in the best way possible.
>>
upload ee/files/5433484/daniil-kharms-today-i-wrote-nothing-the-selected-writings-of-daniil-kharms__1_.epub.html
>>
>>7511047
This stressed me out
then I figured it out
and almost passed out
Thank you very much anon
>>
>>7510717
>>7506993
>>anyone else too for that matter
What are your favorite stories of his?
>>
>>7510717
iranman is a good meme to be honest
>>
>>7506993
Why is he so pissed.
>>
File: harms.jpg (6 KB, 197x300) Image search: [Google]
harms.jpg
6 KB, 197x300
>>7512222
He was just mugging for the camera.
Here he is reacting to your quads.
>>
>>7512249
Thanks Dan
>>
>>7512203
Falling old ladies; Blue Notebook No.10; What they sell in the shops these days are great
>>
>>7513236

Yes, I like the first and last a lot. I don't think I've read the second one yet.
>>
>>7513236

>'Falling old ladies'

Because of her excessive curiosity, an old lady fell out of the window and smashed into the ground.

Another old lady looked out of the window, staring down at the one who was smashed, but out of her excessive curiosity she also fell out of the window and smashed into the ground.

Then the third old lady fell out of the window, then the fourth did, then the fifth.

When the sixth old lady fell out of the window, I got bored watching them and went to Maltsev market where, they say, someone gave a woven shawl to a blind.

>'Blue Notebook No.10'

Once there was a redheaded man without eyes and without ears. He had no hair either, so that he was a redhead was just something they said.

He could not speak, for he had no mouth. He had no nose either.

He didn't even have arms or legs. He had no stomach either, and he had no back, and he had no spine, and no intestines of any kind. He didn't have anything at all. So it is hard to understand whom we are really talking about.

So it is probably best not to talk about him any more.

>'What they sell in the shops these days'

Koratygin came to see Tikakeyev but didn't find him in. At that time Tikakeyev was in the shop buying sugar, meat and cucumbers. Koratygin hung about by Tikakeyev's door and was just thinking of writing a note when he suddenly looked up and saw Tikakeyev himself coming, carrying in his arms an oilskin bag.

Koratygin spotted Tikakeyev and shouted: - I've been waiting for you a whole hour!

- That's not true - said Tikakeyev - I've only been out of the house for twenty-five minutes.

- Well, I don't know about that - said Koratygin - except that I've already been here a whole hour.

- Don't tell lies - said Tikakeyev - you should be ashamed to lie.

- My dear fellow! - said Koratygin - Be so good as to be a little more particular with your expressions.

- I think... - began Tikakeyev, but Koratygin interrupted him:

- If you think... - he said, but at this point Tikakeyev interrupted Koratygin and said:

- A fine one you are!

These words put Koratygin into such a frenzy that he pressed a finger against one of his nostrils and through his other nostril blew snot at Tikakeyev.

Then Tikakeyev took the biggest cucumber out of his bag and hit Koratygin on the head with it.

Koratygin clutched his head with his hands, fell over and died.

That's the size of the cucumbers sold in the shops these days!
>>
>>7513481
come on family, Blue Notebook No.10 is a classic
>>
>>7513932

It's my favorite one, I just didn't have the name associated with the story until now. It seems like the essence of Kharms.
>>
>>7511047

>upload ee/files/5433484/daniil-kharms-today-i-wrote-nothing-the-selected-writings-of-daniil-kharms__1_.epub.html

I guess I'm stupid, how do I complete the link?
>>
>>7514807
add a dot between upload and ee
>>
Daniil Kharms Today I Wrote Nothing.epub
>u.pomf.is/lsqeud.epub

Daniil Kharms - The Plummeting Old Women.epub
>u.pomf.is/toibow.epub
>>
>>7515028
Thanks anon-kun
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.