[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw I was a child throughout elementary school to high school
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 782x814) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 782x814
>tfw I was a child throughout elementary school to high school my parents used to beat me unless I read 75 pages a day
>>
>>7505902
Parenting done right.
>>
My English teacher (I'm Brazilian) was forced to translate French booos by her father. She knows French really well.
I only got the discipline to read 50+ pages after starting using the pomodoro technique. So I envy you.
>>
>white people trying to outlaw spanking
>>
>>7505974
>spanking

My parents would lock me in the basement for the entire weekend if I didn't meet their quotas.
>>
File: death_punch.jpg (38 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
death_punch.jpg
38 KB, 960x540
>>7505951
What intervals do you use? 45/15, 30/30, etc. ??
>>
>>7506047
I use 3 minutes per page. Unconventional way. I do this because of my attention deficit.
I'm experimenting with 2'30'' on this book with less words per page
>>
my babysitter was an old woman who lived in a moderately-sized farmhouse and she used to hit me with a golf club when i refused to dance with her son.
i think because of these experiences i am now an intellectual today
>>
>>7505974
physical punishment is unnecessary.
>>
>>7505902
Meh. My parents never read at all (unless you count falling to sleep after reading 5 pages of an airport novel) and didn't seem to care whether I read again after I'd learned to read.

I might take your parenting over mine.
>>
>tfw I was a kid and my parents beated me up and made me excert on myself and lock myself for days in the bathroom, no books related
>>
>>7506345
lel
>>
>>7506414
excrete*
>>
I used to binge read mass market sci-fi until my high school English teacher told me I had talent for writing and gave me some books to read and encouraged me to go to college. Having to read at least 80 pages a night for a liberal arts degree really helped me.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.