[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lit/ Trilogy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: 1451036974444.jpg (109 KB, 1560x750) Image search: [Google]
1451036974444.jpg
109 KB, 1560x750
What are your hopes for the final installment?
>>
authors who actually try to contribute
themes and plots
an anthology of poems and stories on a theme
mostly people trying
If I see /lit/ put out one more of these meme books I'm going to puke. You're all a bunch of cowards, writing shit and memes when you fancy yourselves writers
>>
File: shitposting.png (159 KB, 1425x1142) Image search: [Google]
shitposting.png
159 KB, 1425x1142
>>
>>7504608
Hypersphere did all of these things though ..
>>
>>7504612

exactly what i mean, this kind of humor is tired m8, and its a cheap cover for all the anxiety that goes along with trying.
>>
>>7504613

hypersphere is such trash i wouldn't wipe my ass with it
>>
Hey, Bottleman here, starting a Kickstarter for Hypersphere 2. Interested? I'm looking for $1000 to start.
>>
>>7504621
Then maybe you would kill yourself with it instead?
>>
>>7504625
Fuck off, you aren't Bottleman.
>>
>>7504625
Kill yourself.
>>
>>7504625
nice try m8
>>
>>7504628
>>7504632
Hey fuck you nigger Hypersphere would be NOTHING without me
>>
>>7504625
>>7504637
>he actually thinks people will fall for this
>>
>>7504637
Go suck a dick, fag.
>>
>>7504637
Again, kill yourself.
>>
>>7504637
Not true.
>>
>>7504626

it's nothing but the latest series of allusions and meme references permeated on the very not-funny juxtaposition of technical jargon and literature with the baseness of anonymous internet culture and tied together with zany randomness.

Nobody can possibly find this shit funny who isn't a teenager or someone who personally contributed a chunk of time to the project. I loathe these projects, because they take what could be a good, fun and interesting idea (anonymous group writing from the 4chan lit board) and end up filling hundreds of pages with garbage and nonsense.

Sure, serious work would take more time and more effort, but it would also be more interesting and the final product would be something we could actually be proud of.

Seems like the goal is to churn out an xxx page text (and get it to physical form) as quickly as possible, to hell with what's inside.
>>
Hey, Bottleman here. Sorry for the impostors.

Not everyone gets to pull a board together like me in the name of something great. I guess the jealousy is setting in, :S

This is my last post. Regard, Vox
>>
>>7504655
Kill yourself, idiot.
>>
>>7504652
dipshit... go write an actual book if that's what you want. you want to feel proud of spending serious time and effort on a 4chan project? what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>7504652
You haven't read Hypersphere. There are actually some well written sections.
>>
>>7504679
Like what?
>>
>>7504601
I thought Hypersphere was the final installment. Kolsti's Adventures in the Everglades should take the middle ground.
>>
>>7504673

i see tons of writing critique threads on here, i've read a ton of half decent poems and a few gems. there are writers on this board, why not try to write something worth reading?

i'm not expecting War and Peace or Finnegan's Wake. anything above the bare minimum of *hee hee random he hee nigger* would be an improvement.

there's a whole culture of people stuck on the internet, of NEEts, wojak, people trying to get into books after years of gaming, people trying to improve by reading marcus aurelius at the whim of anonymous posts... there's a whole moment and mood captured in this community that has little voice in writing and could only really be captured by a collaborative effort such as this, and i think giving voice to the community and our shitty lives and the gems of real connection/inspiration that occasionally happen here is worth doing. It's also made all the more interesting by the fact that this board in particular reads and writes and could possibly pull it off.
>>
>>7504679

it's unreadable. all i can do is read chunks of it. if there's anything worth reading in there (i didn't see any or the hint of any) it's buried under pages and pages of "ha ha nigger cu ck fag ha ha jews <MEME REFERENCE> hee!"

and i wrote pieces of it, mind you.
>>
>>7504698
Fuck those gamer/memer shits. I ain't never played a videogame in my life kill yourself literally fucking die it would be a Christmas miracle you stupid pleb-apologist, jesus fucking christ, let me guess your favorite book is Blood Meridian or The Stranger
>>>/v/
>>
File: THE_RIDE_NEVER_ENDS.jpg (231 KB, 863x752) Image search: [Google]
THE_RIDE_NEVER_ENDS.jpg
231 KB, 863x752
>>7504601
>final installment
>>
>>7504715
If you're so assblasted about it, why don't you go ahead, make a thread and gladly outdo Hypersphere like the patrician you are?
>>
>>7504687
Bottleman here. My parts, mainly.
>>
>>7504721

I'm only suggesting that in the future we deliberately take a very different direction or we should probably stop writing these altogether.
>>
>>7504698
>giving voice to the community and our shitty lives
that is what it does though. Trump jokes and other political jokes are expressions of powerlessness, and bitter satire aimed at SJW culture is a manifestation of Anon's ridiculous overexposure to politically correct internet clickbait and tumblr—schizophrenic plays on gender, the prevalence of conspiracy theories, the heavy reliance on tropes of pop culture in general, etc. reflects this bombardment of information, which ultimately cripples the lot of us, especially the folks who had time to make significant contributions to this piece of shit.
>>
>>7504698
>there's a whole culture of people stuck on the internet, of NEEts, wojak, people trying to get into books after years of gaming, people trying to improve by reading marcus aurelius at the whim of anonymous posts... there's a whole moment and mood captured in this community that has little voice in writing and could only really be captured by a collaborative effort such as this, and i think giving voice to the community and our shitty lives and the gems of real connection/inspiration that occasionally happen here is worth doing. It's also made all the more interesting by the fact that this board in particular reads and writes and could possibly pull it off.

You're describing Hypersphere, friend
>>
>>7504748

You're mistaking the content of a culture for a commentary on it.

It's one thing to spout off all the same memes one finds on /pol/ or wherever (honestly all the /lit/ books look more like they were written by /pol/ lurkers than by people who read books). It's another to calmly figure out why all this superficial insanity is going on, what exactly it reflects and so forth, and at last put together a piece of writing that captures and communicates that reflection.
>>
>>7504728
Away with you, shoo.
>>
>>7504762
Hypersphere's commentary is in large part its content, because the internet is content. it is not simply meme-spouting, the memes are incorporated into a narrative with characters, arcs, etc.

just because it is not your cup of tea, Hypersphere still is "worth reading" and is valid as a commentary and an artistic expression. chan culture can be considered, discussed, and portrayed, like anything else, any number of different ways, from any number of different angles. Hypersphere is valid as one of these.
>>
>>7504809
Speaking of which, when will we expect peer reviewed commentaries on Hypersphere to hail on us from academia above?
>>
>>7504822
completing my BA soon, then applying to graduate programs. I have a buttload of documents and screencaps that will come in handy when the time comes.
>>
>>7504736
this kind of thing can't really be steered. They unfold as they will according to the momentum of the mob
>>
>>7504822
I'm actually planning to create a detailed in - depth guide to understanding the whole thing (to fulfill the principle of infinite jest), by the means of which I shall praise the book as well as its authors. This is a sincere statement (and my last adress, too).
>>
not for another year. Don't rush it.
>>
>>7504601
Not allowed to write unless you email an original interpretation of the first two works to jo stallion, proving that you read & understand them.
>>
>>7504601
Each chapter must be approved by a jury consisting of Kolsti, Tao Lin and the ghost of DFW before being definitive.
>>
File: 1442270826583.gif (2 MB, 200x172) Image search: [Google]
1442270826583.gif
2 MB, 200x172
>>7504898
Fucking legend
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.