[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to create a character to troll the average Englishman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: Prince_Rupert_of_the_Rhine.jpg (760 KB, 850x998) Image search: [Google]
Prince_Rupert_of_the_Rhine.jpg
760 KB, 850x998
I'm trying to create a character to troll the average Englishman or WASP American.
Basically he needs to be absolutely everything they hate, down to their bones.

I'm thinking of naming him Guy or Xavier.
He'll have a French surname, of course, but isn't necessarily from France. Could just be traitorous native like all those Harry Potter villains with French names (Lestrange, Malfoy, Voldemort.)

He turns his nose up at beer and drinks a small amount of wine daily. He never gets drunk and would be confused if you asked him why not.

Horses and dogs disgust him.

He is a gourmand, but thin. He believes that gyms are for fat people and that muscles are for road workers. He believes this in the same way that he believes the sky is blue.

He is an old fashioned Catholic, and also an old fashioned hypocrite who sins with a completely sunny, clear conscience. He won't eat meat on Friday, but might stop off at a whorehouse.

He was a trust fund kid and is now an idle rich.

He does not understate his abilities and when others do, he takes them at their word.
At the same time, he is completely matter of fact about his abilities, not "confident" in any wholesome, fist-pumping, All-American way. He is bored by his skills and sees them as little details.

He is a baronet with Norman blood, and speaks fluent French.

Any suggestions for more Anglo triggers, /lit/?
>>
as a Frenchman, I can assure you that you literally just described your average bourgeois French male
therefore, if this is a serious post, read up on french noblesse and you should be good, although to be completely honest with you I'm having trouble discerning whether or not this is bait
>>
>>7502393
>as a Frenchman, I can assure you that you literally just described your average bourgeois French male
Then OP's post makes me never want to know any of those people.
>>
>>7502423
>Then OP's post makes me never want to know any of those people.

ok. never go to europe?
>>
god I hate the French so much.
>>
>>7502384
>>>/19th century/
>>
>>7502393
I'll do that.

It's the research and development phase of bait, which is still offensive to my eventual targets.

>>7502481
These attitudes, pro and contra, are still around today.
>>
>>7502384

Make him ignorant of football (both kinds). The kind of guy who hold team sports in a sort of vague disdain. But make him passionate about something weird like UCI or pro skiing.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Beaumarchais
>>
File: 1444806939528.png (217 KB, 976x1816) Image search: [Google]
1444806939528.png
217 KB, 976x1816
>>7502384

>one constitution and a few markets is an ethnicity

americans are not elitist:
they have poor vocabulary, poor syntax, poor tastes in aesthetics through clothes, food, design.

since they stem from the classical rationalist-liberal, americans have faith in their legal and scientific conventions.
americans love the quantification of the qualities [of things, qualities being produced by the mind all day long]. this is why, once they noticed the failure of their fantasy of objectivity and its adoption by the pleb, they invented inter-subjectivity that they have copied from the normative reason from kant.

americans have one constitutions and plenty of markets, that's all.
they admire the liberal merit of starting with nothing and controlling a few portions of a few markets. then they hate it, because they hate monopoles, which are always concrete, because they have faith in a fantasy that they call freedom through free-thinkers, still stemming from classical rationalist, but the pleb knows that freedoms of activities are less nihilist than the floods of the mind...
monopoles being concrete, they are in conflict with the pragmatic, concrete liberty of actions that the non-rationalists desire.

of course, this liberty of action remains pathetic, since most people are impotent as soon as they leave hedonism. americans leave through their entertainment industry, with leisure writing history, creating the social link, the inter-generational link.
>>
File: bill_gates_desk_picture.jpg (81 KB, 690x512) Image search: [Google]
bill_gates_desk_picture.jpg
81 KB, 690x512
>>7502623

>poor syntax

pray tell mon frere
>>
>>7502645
Yeah
America doesn't write bad, much less be ungrammatical.
>>
>>7502623
not to say that you aren't correct, but your message is like a tiny letter in a comically oversized envelope

>of course, this liberty of action remains pathetic, since most people are impotent as soon as they leave hedonism. americans leave through their entertainment industry

this applies equally to all post-modern (read: western) countries
>>
Call me a weeb but the first half of the post reminds me of Dio from JoJo part 1
>>
>>7502393
Your madness is reeking.
>>
>>7502384
I love him already.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 750x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 750x319
>>7502384
One question: has he tried the malt beers of Quebec? I think that would be the one beer he could stand.
>>
File: 1422041403341.jpg (46 KB, 428x640) Image search: [Google]
1422041403341.jpg
46 KB, 428x640
typical murifat
>>
>>7502975
If you mean me, no. I actually do like Belgian beer, and will take note henceforth of Quebec beer's apparent existence.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1878x2480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1878x2480
>>7503297
Ahhhh, the Belgae....
>>
>>7503342
Currently sozzled on white wine, as befits the festive season
>>
>>7503376
Sacramental King David here. Alas, no beef strips available yet. I was hoping to down it with some pasta and stir fry.

Gotta buy some additional presents yet, but life is still roses.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.