[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's start a favorite quotes/poems thread I'll start:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Let's start a favorite quotes/poems thread
I'll start:

“Never attempt to win by force what can be won by
deception.”

“If you win, you need not have to explain...
If you lose, you should not be there to explain!”

"But who's to say the Devil is sole,
a single being with a single goal
For I believe the Devil is whole,
a part of every single soul"

"No bird soars too high if he soars with
his own wings."

“I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's.
I will not reason and compare: my business is to create.”

"There is no limit to the human mind, only limits
to the human capabilities"

"We own a massive fortune but we can't afford a life"
>>
"A man with no fear is a man with no ambition
But a man with fear and no ambition is a married man"
>>
"The Devil may visit, but God lives here!" - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables.
>>
"Deserve's gotnothin' to do with it."

"You know what time it is, when the "relentless march of technology" starts to weary you? It's time to die."

"It's always a bright and sunny day on planet earth, it's just a question of having enough elevation."

"Star attraction, movie premieres, sports events, red carpets and gala openings: the eternal war between depth and appearances. But there is no war at all between them, since the purpose of depth is to create a stronger, and thus more beautiful, appearance; to transform itself into appearance. Those who scorn appearances and evangelize depth are precisely those who are incapable of much, if any, depth: the pseudo-intellectuals, which is why it is by no means an accident that all of them are ugly."
>>
File: carlo dossi.jpg (14 KB, 200x335) Image search: [Google]
carlo dossi.jpg
14 KB, 200x335
Just one for the occasion:
"Today is Christmas, the day of the affections, the day of the memories, yet not a man's footstep stamps on the damp clump of the cemetery or one flower decorates the crosses, except our"- Carlo Dossi
>>
>>7500116
Very edgy, senpai
>>
cite your quotes pls you knobs

"When the dandies fail to commit suicide and do not go man, they make a career and pursue prosperity."
- Albert Camus, The Rebel
>>
"Anyway, I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all. Thousands of little kids, and nobody's around - nobody big, I mean - except me. And I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff - I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be."

I haven't even read the book, because a couple pages in I realized this is the only cool written part in it.
>>
>>7500501

read the book you fuckwit it'll take like a day and its an american classic
>>
>>7500532
>he fell for the classics meme
I don't read books I don't enjoy senpai. And I'm not American.
>>
>>7500116
"A lion chased me up a tree, and I greatly enjoyed the view from the top"
>>
"Well, maybe it is true," Clevinger conceded unwillingly in a subdued tone. "Maybe a long life does have to be filled with many unpleasant conditions if it's to seem long. But in that event, who wants one?"
"I do," Dunbar told him.
"Why?" Clevinger asked.
"What else is there?"

(Catch-22
>>
"He who knows all the answers has not been
asked all the questions"
>>
With them the Seed of Wisdom did I sow,
And with my own hand labour'd it to grow:
And this was all the Harvest that I reap'd --
"I came like Water and like Wind I go.”
>>
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes. The violence comes from a combination of giving up, not caring, and a resignation that getting past it is all you can hope to accomplish. So you kill the hour. You do not work, you do not read, you do not daydream. If you sleep it is not because you need to sleep. And when at last it is over, there is no evidence: no weapon, no blood, and no body. The only clue might be the shadows beneath your eyes or a terribly thin line near the corner of your mouth indicating something has been suffered, that in the privacy of your life you have lost something and the loss is too empty to share.

~ house of leaves
>>
"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember.
I do and I understand."
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.