[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Would you like to say prayer with the family before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 460x276
>"Would you like to say prayer with the family before eating? Your mother says she always sees you with books about God."
>>
yeah, the gOD Delusion.
>>
>>7499409
>that book is about how atheists must be delusional for not believing in God, right?
>>
>>7499409
>mfw opposite problem
>want to say prayer before eating but know my whole family would make fun of me or get really awkward
>>
>>7499409
No thanks. Your faith is an awkward accumulation of social mores from the last two-hundred years. You wouldn't recognize Jesus if he walked into the room right now and I'm not going to play into your sick appropriation of the mysteries of the universe to justify a bourgeois social club.
>>
>Dear God forgive my brother Peter for sucking his friend Dylan's penis earlier this morning while everyone else was sleeping. I woke up to find them writhing with sinful pleasure, naked and sharing the same bed, even though mom insisted Dylan take the couch instead of sleeping on the floor of our bedroom. I know they are both good christian boys and will repent their sinful act before the Lord, I ask you forgive this most terrible of transgressions.
>>
>Bless us O Lord and these thy gifts, which we are about to receive from thy bounty, through Christ our Lord. Amen.
>>
>>7499429
>"AND WITH THAT I SAY G'DDAY!"
>*tips fedora*
>waddles up the stairs and plays with anime figurines for the next five hours
>>
>>7499429
The amount of fedora tipping in that post gave me feline aids.
>>
>She's wrong, what's wrong with you?
>>
>>7499429
2bh thats the great thing about Christianity
>>
>Thanking God when free will exists
>>
>>7499409
"hol' up, pops, why is will from the inbetweeners eating dinner with us?"
>>
>>7499409
I'm confused, the TV family pictured there is the whole family. There isn't a third child. Who are you talking to?
>>
File: pepe fingers.jpg (7 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
pepe fingers.jpg
7 KB, 180x180
>>7499455
>>7499679
>>7499687
>castigates people for being tepid conformist joiners instead of followers of Christ
>must not be a Christian
Wow, the cancer is indistinguishable from the body these days, huh?
>>
>>7500354
dumb frogposter
>>
>>7500354
*tip*
>>
>>7499409
> Friday Night Dinner
> Christmas Dinner 2015
> on a Friday night
>>
>>7500354
bruh the fedora meme isnt strictly atheism, its any form of religious elitism

not understanding the role religion plays in even rote, simple lives is where you fall off the rails. its absurd to consider yourself superior because you think you interact with "their" religion in a superior, more authentic way. in reality, the role that religion fulfills in their life is just as real, significant, and important (perhaps more so) than the role it fulfills for you

just because they arent racked by feelings of religious guilt or whatever the fuck you possess that they lack, doesnt mean their religion is some childish facsimile of your own
>>
>>7500387
Yeah, no shit their lives are real and their experiences are real. The point is that Christ was about a fairly radical program, and they're not on it. They are Christians, and they are church members, but they are not followers of the teachings of Jesus Christ. Their faith may even be the glue that makes western society hang together, but that has nothing to do with the teachings and character of Jesus Christ. Christ was, like many other spiritual figures, a proponent of seeing the world through fresh eyes, not judging it through a lens of routine and comfort, so it's telling that you even assume these hypothetical people live, "rote, simple lives."

It's not about one being a superior person. It's about spreading the word of the son of God, who told his disciples to leave their families if they must, not "go along to get along because we're all just folks and it is what it is, y'all."
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.