[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the Star Wars of literature? >don't say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
What's the Star Wars of literature?

>don't say Lord of the Rings
>>
But it is Lord Of The Fucking Rings...
>>
>>7498038
Let me explain why I don't think so. Star Wars is a lot more focused on individual struggles between good and evil whereas LoTR is a much more clear physical struggle between good and evil characters. Lord of the Rings has a static plot (the quest to defeat Sauron) whereas Star Wars has a set of conflicts which exist ad-infinitum between the dark side and the light side. Philosophically they are miles apart.
>>
>>7498038
>>7498056
In Star Wars the protagonists are the elite warriors, but in the LoTR it's the hobbits.
>>
What is a series that brings together all these disparate genre tropes and homages to make something that popularizes a once dead and quaint genre?

Harry Potter
>>
A Song of Ice and Fire...

Jon will end up almost/banging his family member just like Luke.
>>
>>7498145
Harry potter is correct
>>
>>7497995
Infinite Jest 2bh.
>>
>>7497995
there's star wars books
>>
>>7497995
steven king
>>
go back to /tv/ pls.
>>
>>7498056
According to George Lucas Star Wars is about family struggles.
>>
The Bible.
>>
>>7498619
In that case, Shakespeare's Henriad and War of the Roses.
>>
>>7497995
TS Eliot's poetry
>>
>>7497995
Lolita.
>>
Dune senpai
>>
>>7499198
This tbph
>>
>>7497995
Gravity's Rainbow
>>
Atlas Shrugged
>>
>>7497995
Has to be something trashy and overrated and essentially for children, so Harry Potter
>>
>>7497995
The fucking Iliad; OP (Homer) made critically acclaimed sequal and then handed off the reins. Everyone's (virgial, george clooney, etc.)been copying ever since
>>
Dune. Disney is Herbert jnr.
Plus it's literature so the originals are actually worth reading.
>>
>>7499618
kek
>>
Isn't that YA series Eragorn or whatever literally star wars in fantasy land?
>>
Harry potter or wheel of time.
>>
>>7497995
It's Dune. And Lucas is a very underrated storyteller. Sure some of his dialogue is painful but he's not making plays. He's a pioneer of his medium and the efforts that he went to to make Star Wars 1-6 feel like a true saga rather than just a story that got chronologically extended five times is truly impressive.
>>
>>7499198
Kull-wahad! This for Leto's sake!
Star wars is pretty much Dune for dumbs, the force, the Jedi Bindu, the messianic stuff..
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.