[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where to start with poetry?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: pleb_and_proud.jpg (18 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
pleb_and_proud.jpg
18 KB, 350x350
Where to start with poetry?
>>
File: HungryCaterpillar.jpg (27 KB, 440x316) Image search: [Google]
HungryCaterpillar.jpg
27 KB, 440x316
>>7497437
>>
read poetry

read writings about poetry

go for a walk
>>
The Writer's Almanac is a comfy podcast to start with. Every day, an old man talks about random stuff in the past, goes into detail about one of them and closes with a random poem. Listen to the archives to hear a variety of poets and maybe find a few you like.
>>
More like, which author?
>>
Start with the classics (aka greekboos).
>>
>>7497437
read this one i just wrote

FIGHT YOuR DAD:

FiGHT YOUR DAD
PUNCH AND BE PUNCHED
GET YOUR SHIRT all BLOODY

FIGHT YOUR DAD
GET yOUR RIBS KICKED IN
YOUR MUm MIGHT SCREAM

FIGHT YOUR DAD
NEITHER One OF YOU SHOULD WIN
MAKE H IM A CUP OF TEA WHEN YOU’Re DONE
>>
>>7498123
A + see me after class
>>
>>7497437
>>7497487
People always ask this and it's always a silly question. Like asking "where to start with music?". Poetry is a vast field and everyone has their own favourites, so it's not really possible to recommend a few names as "must reads".

The best advice is to get an anthology and dip in and out, find what you like and explore those poets further.
>>
suggesting Robert Frost
>>
>>7498123
Michael Gira?
>>
>>7498602
Got the same vibe. Doesn't help that I've had Stay Here stuck in my head for days
>>
>>7498303

fuck.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.