[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have nothing to say but I want to write.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: samuel beckett copy.jpg (240 KB, 791x800) Image search: [Google]
samuel beckett copy.jpg
240 KB, 791x800
I have nothing to say but I want to write.
>>
File: 1434412945650.jpg (126 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1434412945650.jpg
126 KB, 500x500
That's never stopped anybody.
>>
>>7497137
Then write, mate.
>>
the whole point is that you make the shit up as you go
>>
File: 1436817630631.png (196 KB, 500x239) Image search: [Google]
1436817630631.png
196 KB, 500x239
>>7497137
Don't worry, you'll fit right in with the current literati.
>>
>>7497137
Parnassianism. Read some poems and give it a try.
>>
>>7497137
Just write about what you see and whom you meet then
>>
>>7497137
research
>>
>>7497209
It starts with emotion mate. Write about what you feel and take it from there. One ball begins to roll another, and before you know it, you have an abundance of creative intuition.
>>
>>7497137
"I really have nothing to say, but I want to say it all the same." - Fellini. 8 1/2

Give that movie a crack.
>>
>>7497171
Thought the same thing.

Pop a Xanax or take a hallucinogenic then do some mundane task like shopping and write down absolutely every thought you have while doing so. Edit that a little then submit it to Muumuu House.
>>
>>7497137
You have experiences in your daily life. Write about them.
>>
>>7497137
>I have nothing to say but I want to write.

if you wanted to write you'd be writing instead of complaining you have nothing to say.
>>
>tfw will never be as effay as Beckett
>>
>>7498521
I've seen 8 1/2 it's great.
>>
Write anyway. You'll find something to say along the way.
>>
>>7497137
Join the Navy; then you'll have even more nothing to write about
>>
start writing faggot, come back when you hit 100k words kbye
>>
>>7497171
tao seems like a guy I would know, would even like for a week and then I just start to hate him because he's such a fucking downer and he never talks about anything interesting
>>
>>7497137
>have something to say
>don't want to write
Do or do not, you'll regret them both.
>>
>>7498521
Brilliant, one of a kind movie. How they managed to capture the artistic frame of mind so perfectly I'll never know.
>>
Art isn't necessarily about saying something philosophically deep. It can simply be good art because it just is good art. See >>7497174 or Sergio Leone's westerns or Shakespeare's plays. None of those things say something deep, they don't reflect the artist's emotions, they have no philosophy. They are just situations, experiments and exploration in and through art.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.