[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anybody here read Tolstoy's debut novel Boyhood? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: boyhood.jpg (150 KB, 309x475) Image search: [Google]
boyhood.jpg
150 KB, 309x475
Has anybody here read Tolstoy's debut novel Boyhood?

It's 120 pages long, published when he was 24, and I really can't believe what kind of literary environment must have existed for this kind of thing to be deemed worthy of publication. The first 70 pages or so focuses on the events of two days, when a 10 / 11 year old Tolstoy goes hunting for hares with his family, and is then told he is to move to Moscow to further his education. There he falls in love with another young boy, and then for a girl who attends a dance at his home. Each chapter is around 3 / 4 pages long and largely consists of character descriptions.
>>
>>7496638
>There he falls in love with another young boy
Wait, what? Wouldn't this have gotten him hung or castrated back then?
>>
>>7496912
its just Platonic love Anon, only kissing and above the clothes rubbing and hugging, nyoro~
>>
File: finnegans.jpg (134 KB, 1000x1488) Image search: [Google]
finnegans.jpg
134 KB, 1000x1488
Has anybody here read Joyce's final novel Finnegans Wake?

It's 600 pages long, published when he was 57, and I really can't believe what kind of literary environment must have existed for this kind of thing to be deemed worthy of publication. The first 600 pages or so focuses on I have no fucking clue, when a riverrun past bend of bay and swerve of shore, and then goes on to stream of consciousness rambling for 90 pages. Then Joyce references some obscure cave painting that 3 people in the world have seen. Each chapter is around 3 / 4 pages long and largely consists of nonsense.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 274x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 274x350
>>7496923
puratonniku rabu yu sei
>>
How does it compare to the film adaptation directed by Richard Linklater?
>>
>>7496955
>Then Joyce references some obscure cave painting that 3 people in the world have seen

Exceedingly high kek
>>
>>7496955
great post 10/10.
>>
>>7496955
kek
>>
It's his debut man leave him alone, >:(
>>
It's the only Tolstoy I've read and I found it very rewarding throughout my childhood, boyhood and youth.
>>
File: 1450549548253.jpg (151 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
1450549548253.jpg
151 KB, 500x348
>>7496955
Perhaps, the best Joyce review I have ever read. T O P K E K
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.