[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>got a cheap biography about Lovecraft >his mom coddled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: H._P._Lovecraft,_June_1934.jpg (24 KB, 285x352) Image search: [Google]
H._P._Lovecraft,_June_1934.jpg
24 KB, 285x352
>got a cheap biography about Lovecraft
>his mom coddled him, was massively anxious about his well-being, and dressed him as a girl until he was 6, when he rebelled and she cried bitter tears as his golden locks were shaved

holy fuck, no wonder this guy was an autistic sperg. He stood no chance at being normal.

stories about authors thread?
>>
I hate how he is being demonized so hard, recently, because his works contained some offensive words in it... Our society is fucking cancerous.
>>
>>7493729
nah man he rebelled. he was cool
>>
>>7493729
>hating on based Lovecraft
Kill yourself.
>>
>>7493840
That doesn't make him a bit of a weirdo. Guy thought he was english nobility and that the america revolution was a mistake
>>
>>7493840

His mother was teaching him that gender is a social construct from an early age. He, in turn, revealed himself as a cis-shitlord.

Everything he has gotten lately has been deserved.
>>
>>7493840
>contained some offensive words in it
>every time he mentions black people there is a reference to chimps not a paragraph away
kek
>>
>>7493849
Lovecraft is my favorite author, friend. Doesn't make him not an autistic sperg
>>
All great writers are spergs
>>
>>7493850
>Guy thought he was english nobility

I heard he freaked out when he found out he had Welsh blood in him and got inspired to write Shadow over Innsmouth from it.
>>
>>7493853

When, long ago, the gods created Earth
InJove'sfair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympianhost conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.
>>
>>7493857
not all spergs are great writers i.e. this fucker
>>
Why is women dressing their sons as girls during childhood a thing? Apparently that happened to my cousin and now he's gay.
>>
>>7493857

Dumas allegedly had 40 affairs.
>>
>>7493885

Yeah, happened to a friends dad too. He's alright, just very introverted and somewhat peculiar.

His mother wanted a daughter. That's the basis for his case at least.
>>
>>7493911
Same rationale for my cousin. His mom literally just commented on his brother's fb the other day reminding him that she wanted a daughter instead.

Just seems like you never here of the reverse.
>>
File: FDWoosevelt.jpg (71 KB, 406x520) Image search: [Google]
FDWoosevelt.jpg
71 KB, 406x520
>>7493729
>his mom dressed him as a girl until he was 6
Non uncommon back then. Here's a young future president Franklin D. Roosevelt.
>>
>>7493962
when you combine it with his psychotic overbearing mother, it's definitely a factor

and til age 6 was a bit uncommon. His grandfather bribed him, saying he'd show him something cool if he wore trousers when he returned
>>
>>7493962
>confirming every stereotype about the left being pussy faggots and girls being caregivers
>>
>>7493972
>His grandfather bribed him, saying he'd show him something cool if he wore trousers when he returned
Let me guess, he should him his floppy hairy cock
>>
>>7493851
i dont have a pic of bait in this pc, but you will get it
>>
>>7493979
no, it was something from europe, he travelled a lot
>>
>>7493880
Solid bait friend. Almost took it.
>>
>>7493850
The american revolution was a mistake though
If the U.S. hadn't gained independence they never would have had the civil war because slavery would have ended in the 1830's
>>
Back in 2006 I happened upon a chance meeting with David Foster Wallace in a grocery store in Boston. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
>>7493900
Dumbass is shit-tier
>>
>>7494042

I see you still have some pasta left over from your grocery shopping that day.
>>
I was also dressed as a girl until I started school. Many boys are still in certain parts of Europe, it's an old tradition, to give the mother's a chance to have a doll to dress up and parade around.

Once you begin school you're allowed to dress how you want, and most boys naturally choose shorts (because they're comfy and easy to wear) over dresses.

I find it weird how the goal posts for normal have shifted so much.

You do realise you have to touch a baby's penis when you raise a child right? And literally wipe shit from their butt cheeks, which are always covered in it. and they will throw up sometimes directly into your mouth and piss and shit all over you as you change them.

You put up with it because they are innocent harmless little humans you created.

Parents these days just want to put their kids in front of a distraction and do other things.
>>
>>7494065
his mom's behavior was remarkable even for it's time. She followed him around ALL DAY and wouldnt let him leave her sight. When he slept on a different floor at his cousins (?) house for christmas, she wouldn't sit still because she couldn't see him. She told her sister to stoop while she held his hand so she wouldnt dislocate his shoulder
>>
>>7493729
FDR was coddled by his mom too, and he turned out to be the second greatest president.
>>
>>7494893

Ooooo, too shay.
>>
>>7494893
Whos the best, Obama, you marxist shill?
>>
>>7494893
kill yourself
>>
File: 180px-1336676259516.jpg (12 KB, 180x244) Image search: [Google]
180px-1336676259516.jpg
12 KB, 180x244
>>7493729
>hating Lovecraft
Thems' fightin' words, pilgrim.
>>
>>7493850
>>7493858
based
>>
>>7496288
There were things wrong with Lovecraft apart from his eldritchly purple prose, Anon. He was a crazy racist even by the standards of his time and he had the people skills of an /r9k/-browsing gas station attendant. Yeah, his cosmic horror holds up well despite his writing style. And there's a lot to be said against hating an author's work for his political beliefs. But Lovecraft was a fucking loon - which was probably why he wrote what he did.
>>
>>7494893
shit bait
>>
>>7496314
Aside from his le epin negro pome xD his work is very rarely overtly racist.

It's xenophobic and concerned with eugenic fitness and talks a lot about "strange cults" and "degenerated family branches" that incested themselves into retardation, depravity, and deformity.

He's almost more fascinated with the exotic than repulsed by it, too. Very often the "other" cultures have better information and are also in contact with hyperadvanced multidimensional beings that Lovecraft alternatively is terrified by and sucks the dick of.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.