[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you want most out of the literature you read?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_nqmugwuFUd1s2wio8o5_500.gif (2 MB, 500x524) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqmugwuFUd1s2wio8o5_500.gif
2 MB, 500x524
What do you want most out of the literature you read?
>>
Mixed entertainment and reflexion.
>>
Plot.

I read for it
>>
>>7493617
To feel a deep human connection to the characters or the author.
>>
>>7493617
>>7493617
New ideas and perspectives from which to view the world. New concepts that I can extract from the book and apply to my own life. Emotional satisfaction from well conceived character interactions.
>>
File: 2.png (174 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
2.png
174 KB, 640x400
To escape the real world.
>>
>>7493743
I do that too, but given what I read I don't think it's better than the real world.
>>
>>7493753
At least it's not happening to you in the books, though.
>>
>>7493756
Good point. But it doesn't improve my vision of people or life. At all.
>>
social capital
>>
To be tickled.
>>
To kill time on my long subway commute and look smart.
>>
A better repertoire of ideas and clever expressions. Escapism. To be closer to senpai.
>>
>>7493617
a smile. not a laugh ...
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.