[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Julio Cortázar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 220px-Cortázar.jpg (13 KB, 220x295) Image search: [Google]
220px-Cortázar.jpg
13 KB, 220x295
What can /lit/ tell me about this man?
>>
His eyes were very distanced
>>
only read Axolotl. it's good. combines two approaches i tend to dislike, 1 the entire story is one focused, methodical observation of a basically mundane subject and account of all the rote activity involved, 2 this culminates in a metaphysical event within the confines of that mundanity. it reminded of one of the slower/less fantastical stories in Cosmicomics, like the one about the mollusc, except they are more deliberate in their "investigation", more conscious of its structure, and concerned with it more than with character/human psychology, as with Axolotl.
>>
62 modelo para armar is a nice novel and has some interesting things going on regarding its structure. If you enjoy post modernist fuckery you'll probably enjoy it.
>>
He has a cigarette in his mouth.
>>
His accent is completwly fucked, but in a good and interesting way.

See for instance:
http://youtu.be/mGxDK0SNK6E
>>
>>7493509
His accent is acute one, actually.
>>
>tfw no one has ever actually put in the effort to read Hopscotch anything other than linearly
>>
>>7493779
I read it the second way, and i got mixed up a bit and so read a couple links wrong come at me
>>
>>7493774
It's a weird mix between french and porteño to me. His R's are french, his LL is Sh. It just sounds very strange to a spaniard.

In fact I remember him saying in an interview that he got fired from a job as a speaker in some kind of Spanish cultural association because people from Latin america couldn't stand his accent
>>
>>7493822
>>7493774
á
>>
>>7493822
latin america here, that sounds odd. he doesn't even sound obnoxiously argentinian, he sounds inoffensively mid-continental, neither caribbean nor pacific nor mexican. it might sound weird to a spaniard but it's not even that weird an accent for a latin american.
>>
read Rayuela!

I don't think this is going to be very usefull to you if you are going to read him english, but his translations of Poe's tales are great
>>
A gimmick writer. A nonentity. Puffed up, ephemeral. Safely ignore
>>
>>7493881

obnoxiously argentinian? I always thought our accent was one of the least notorious
>>
>>7495155
probably seems inconspicuous to you when you hear it but it's very noticeable and in the absolute worst cases, even grating.
>>
>>7492979
I can tell you he liked Nicaragua and helped the Sandinista rebels.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.