[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Masterworks by Master Writers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: n.jpg (45 KB, 361x525) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
45 KB, 361x525
or

Books that gave you a Quality, Literary Kek

pic related, I had to stop reading this a few times because I couldn't help being overwhelmed by This Fucking Calvino

inb4 Infinite Memes, etc
>>
You should read Baron in the Trees next.
>>
>>7493106
t-thanks

>tfw /lit/ doesn't talk about /lit/
>>
How good was it and what did you like about it OP? It's on my to-read list and I'm willing to get and read it next.
>>
I was fucking heartbroken when Weaver died. Brought the whole of twentieth century Italian literature to an english speaking audience.

Pic related has essentially absorbed my entire life for the last 3 months
>>
File: joseph-and-his-brothers.jpg (42 KB, 314x499) Image search: [Google]
joseph-and-his-brothers.jpg
42 KB, 314x499
>>7493839
derp
>>
>>7493816
Not op but it was very interesting and not like anything I have read before. The 2nd person point of view was new. It wasn't as good of a re-read though.
9/10 first time, 7.5/10 second time
>>
>>7493793
His collection "Under the Jaguar Sun" is also very good. They are three short stories each dedicated to a sense (there were supposed to be 5 but he died before finishing).

>>7493816
Not OP but might aswell. First is the playfulness of the second person narrative, bringing the reader into the story. Then the structure, which is extremely metatextual but still makes for a completely cohesive and enjoyable read. Last, it's a novel of novels. Calvino made it into an exercise of style, and succeeded tremendously in doing so.
>>
>>7492836
>that final sentence

Made me smile.

Bukowski did a similar ending with his book Hollywood but it wasnt as thrilling a read.
>>
>>7492836

Flann O'Brien is a pretty keksy writer. DFW too in his essays, sometimes.

...not many books make me laugh
>>
>>7493816
OP here, I'm finishing it tonight after a few drinks. Can't say more than these >>7493861, >>7493873
two have said, but you get the direct interaction between reader/writer, and he's very much showing off a lot with it. It's like watching a great performance that I can't help but catch myself smiling at, especially when he pulls off feat after feat.
>>
File: n.jpg (72 KB, 585x457) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
72 KB, 585x457
>>7494626
OP Here

That sly motherfucker. The copypasta tweest at Chapter 11, then the final sentence finish. Fuck you Calvino you fucker.

>tipsy
>on your comfy bed
>pal sent me a xmas card
>raining outside
>everything seems right
>and then you finish the book
>don't tell me you didn't smile, nigger

>yfw
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.